Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

DoctorGonzo posted:

the last good game in the sr universe was 2 and maybe 3. this game looks really bad

Look at this agent provocateur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I think they decided to wrap up Saints Row, man. They might be tired of the franchise or don't know which direction to take it.

I hope AoM will become a modest success despite the lukewarm online reception and the second game can bring back a customizeable protagonist with co-op.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
It's probably going to be a lot more enjoyable if we take it as its own thing on its own merits, rather than keep crying "this isn't saints row"

Seoul looks cool IMO as a setting. I hope it has a bit of life and soul but it looks a lot more distinct than steelport already (mostly cause steelport was boring af)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I knew about Pierce and the Gat preorder but I'm drawing a blank on the 3rd one. Still, I think they're just fanservice references/callbacks to Saints Row rather than a straight continuation of the franchise, like Ultor's presence doesn't mean Saints Row was a continuation or prequel of Red Faction. I doubt they're the exact same characters. For starters, Pierce seems to be a respected guy rather than a butt monkey for every gag. But maybe I'm wrong and this really is Saints Row 4.5 except taken in a completely different direction gameplay wise.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I don't care much for co-op but my most important concern is that the teammates don't seem to talk to each other in the dev streams. Like why play a character-based game if they don't interact? So my question is: do they interact in any meaningful way/is there funny dialogue between whoever you bring to a specific mission? Or do they just scream into a void?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Cargo cult of Saints Row 2. Anything that's not SR2 is dismissed as lesser.

As someone who played Saints Row 3, then 2, then 4, I have to say SR3 is perfectly good as a game on its own, and SR4 is so different from the others it might as well be a superhero game instead of a GTA-inspired game. The goons are telling me this game is fun and the characters have funny dialogue and good quips, so... I was on the fence but now I'm convinced I'm getting this as soon as I can scrounge together the cash and finish my exams.

It's not gonna be Saints Row but it's gonna be Agents of Mayhem and I'll judge it on its own merits.

• Locked thread