Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This is an alright, fun game, but the animation is just loving awful, and the writing keeps trying to be funny, but it just ends up falling flat on its face most of the time. When the jokes are funny, they're pretty drat funny, but for every good joke there's five lovely jokes. The game keeps opening plot lines for all its characters, while only resolving about a fourth of them, probably leaving room for future DLC missions. Speaking of characters, you'll see characters like Kingpin, a charismatic gang lord who helped bring the gangs of Stilwater together and successfully fended off Legion when they invaded, or you'll get stupid loving characters like Red Card, a German soccer fan that beat up some legion at a soccer game. I also hate Gremlin, she talks like a twelve year old and never shuts the gently caress up, kinda like this game. The combat is pretty fun once you realize it's trying to be Crackdown more than Saints Row, but there's so much frustrating "What killed me" and "Holy gently caress this turret/tanktrooper instantly depletes my health and takes like three minutes to kill on the recommended difficulty" moments. The bosses just loving suck to fight, they're either a complete joke or they instantly take a character down to their last breath in one hit.

Would I say get this game? Maybe when the GOTY edition comes out. I feel the game is incomplete in its current state.

edit: Also if you did not know, this game doesn't have multiplayer. It would be a thousand times better with co-op, and some of the characters (see: red card) feel like they were made for co-op.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RatHat posted:

It's so frustrating that the Relic trading stations reset whenever their corresponding outpost is taken by Legion. It just incentivizes you to get all 4 trading stations in one session, teleport back to the ark, and idle there for hours to farm money.

THEY DO?!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait who the gently caress is lazarus? i only got Gat, the best character in the game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Saint Freak posted:

A console pre-order character.

thats weird, i preordered it for the ps4. i guess gamestop must have specifically given Gat

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, it's the console store digital editions.

That's super dumb!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
boy i sure do loving love how the game will silently bump me up two difficulties making me wonder why my whole team just got wiped and why im doing so little damage that i might as well be throwing the guns at them. this was a great idea, volition. another good idea: having a platformer boss in a game where you can just jump from the street to the platform that lets you disable the big blue ball's shield. speaking of big blue balls, did they really need to make a whole specialization dedicated to "does more damage against ice machines/hate machines/gravity dominators/golems/whatever the gently caress else machinery there is" I feel they could have just rolled that into Giant Slayer so that World Savior doesnt feel like such a worthless ability on the agents that get it.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 25, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

And also the melee 'cooldown' is loving atrocious

it really is like two seconds between each melee attack. why? so many characters revolve around gaining buffs from melee kills, but guys like Gat either one-shots enemies or leaves them with about three melees worth of health.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Red Card, the man that can climb kill anything. because he has a gun. ok really i just cant get enough of red card. just some random loving civilian at a soccer game that decided to run face-first into a herd of legion and somehow not get slaughtered immediately. They have guns! How do you not die as a man who only has his fists up against an army? How is Legion even a threat if they can't take out red card? And why did Persephone decide she needs to give this man an auto shotgun/rifle and an explosive harness? Its such a stupid loving idea.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
pierce just made a "the cake is a lie" reference. kill this game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is that before or after the hour of Uranus jokes

after

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Deadly Hume posted:

Of all the dumb jokes like Yeti extolling the virtues of rap-rock and that's the one that broke you.

I like the Beastie Boys, thank you very much :colbert:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
golems either spawn with >30k health or <9k health on difficulty 12, what gives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RatHat posted:

Hey Volition if you want people to sit through the credits of your game don't put August Gaunt music over it.

they could have at least used the un-autotuned track

• Locked thread