Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
  • Post
  • Reply
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



It has been hours since breakfast was served in the antechamber of Duke Adalhard's audience chamber, and through the day, petitioners and the like have trickled from beyond the two oak doors leading to the court proper.

Finally, a servant appears through the doors and clears his throat, bowing ever so slightly. "Lords and ladies, the Duke Adalhard awaits." He opens the doors and stands aside, keeping his eyes to the ground.

Duke Adalhard sits at the far end of the room upon a high-backed wooden throne, absently picking cuts of meat from a tray held to him by another servant as he pores over a document held by yet another servant. He swirls a goblet of wine as he chews, his brow knitting together as he glowers at the page. Off to the side, a bard plucks slowly at his guitar, singing part of a chanson focused on some ancient battle. The duke is a large, ruddy faced man donned head to toe in well polished and maintained armor. He seems to be in an especially foul mood, and when he notices the group waiting at the end of his carpet, he grunts and dismisses the servants with an overdramatic wave of his arm.



There is a long pause as the Duke studies the group, and he takes a huge sip of his wine before pushing himself to his feet and stomping down the stairs, throwing his arm back to billow his cape behind him. "My duchy demands much of me, adventurers. Trade routes must be protected, the peasants must be inspired, but can I govern?" He clenches his gauntleted fist, his face turning beet red.

"That blusterous, ignoble fool Guido LeBeau! I have so much to do but his antics vex and distract me at every damnedable turn!" Spittle flies from his lips as he speaks, a vein throbbing at his temple. He motions for one of his servants, who sprints over and offers the duke a fresh goblet of wine, which Adalhard downs in three massive gulps before throwing the cup to the ground. "A parcel of land to each and every one of you for LeBeau. I do not care if you bring him to me in shackles or if you bring me his head, but you must bring him to me."

He pauses, glancing to the dwarves. "And if land is not to your taste, I do believe we can find something to interest you." He adjusts his gauntlets, frowning severely. "You simply need follow him south past the Cordon Sanitaire into Mousillon, and capture him." He turns to climb the stairs back to his throne, rolling his hand above his shoulder to gesture for them to speak. "But you have questions, I assume."

Adalhard sits upon his throne, leaning back and motioning for his platter of meat. "Speak, then. Let us get this over with."


----

Welcome to the game thread! Post your sheet and any questions you might have for the duke, and then we'll get you going to the shittiest part of Not-France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


"Truly, you have been egregiously wounded, my lord Duke." From the start of the audience, Henri has been the picture of noble sympathy. "A villain indeed must this man be, to lash out against his rightful lord and protector." Affecting a pained look, he presses on. "Though it grieves my heart to say it, I am afraid I cannot accept lands of my own; for have am I not yet to earn a shield of my own? Until I am more than merely Henri de Vienne, I am unworthy of such great generosity. My name is yet unknown to Bretonnia, and would bring no rightful glory to my liege and lord." Donning a more suitably heroic expression, he adds, "Of course, this shall not stay my righteous pursuit on your behalf, and I should be happy for the chance, for all of Bretonnia knows that the duke of Lyonesse is a fair and just man."

pre:
Name: Henri (Henrietta) de Vienne 
Race: Human 
Career: Knight Errant

Characteristics     
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | IN | WP | FE |
Starting  : | 43 | 29 | 36 | 30 | 30 | 32 | 36 | 37 |
Advance   : | 15 |    | 05 | 05 | 05 |    | 05 | 05 | 
Taken     : | 15 |    | 05 |    |    |    |    |    |
Current   : | 58 | 29 | 41 | 30 | 30 | 32 | 36 | 37 |

Secondary : | A | W  | SB | TB | M | MG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1 | 11 |  4 |  3 | 4 |  - |  0 |  2 |
Advance   : | 1 | 02 |  - |  - | - |  - |  - |  1 | (if luck talent)
Taken     : | 1 | 02 |  - |  - | - |  - |  - |  0 |
Current   : | 2 | 11 |  4 |  3 | 4 |  - |  0 |  2 |

Skills:
Common Knowledge (Bretonnia, The Empire), Speak Language (Breton, Reikspiel)
Academic Knowledge (Genealogy/Heraldry), Animal Care, Animal Training, Dodge Blow, Gossip, Outdoor Survival, Ride

Talents:
Warrior Born, Cool Headed
Etiquette, Seasoned Traveller, Specialist Weapon Group (Cavalry), Strike Mighty Blow, Virtue of Chivalry


Trappings:
Boot dagger, Clothing+Cloak, Camping+Eating Gear, CC Sword, and a purse holding 11 GC
Medium Armour, Lance, Shield, Light Warhorse with saddle and harness

[b]Experience:[/b       300/300
Attack +1               free
WS +5                   free
WS +5                   free
S +5                    free
WS +5                   100
Wounds +2               200
Vienne victorieux!

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2017 around 03:37

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


Skag's eyes crinkle and his mouth quirks upward momentarily at the thought of this plump umgi lord taking on a trolldrengi to supervise a collection of his starving peasants.

"My thanks your lordship. A bit of hard currency would doubtless make everyone happier all 'round, and we can return to the subject of your famed generosity momentarily. More important is solving your problem. Can you describe this man and his crimes more clearly so that we all may know him by sight, habit, and deed? I've been led to believe he's quite a handful."


pre:
Name:  Skag the Beardless
Race: Dwarf
Career: Troll Slayer

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 49 | 28 | 31 | 50 | 32 | 29  | 31 | 19 |
Advances  : | 10 | 00 | 05 | 05 | 05 | 00  | 10 | 00 | 
Taken     : | 05 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 00  | 00 | 00 |
Current   : | 54 | 28 | 31 | 50 | 37 | 29  | 31 | 19 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 12 | 3  | 5  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 1  |
Advances  : | 1  | 03 | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 1  | 00 | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 2  | 12 | 3  | 5  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 1  |

Skills:
Common Knowledge (Dwarfs), Consume Alcohol, Dodge Blow, Intimidate
Speak Language (Khazalid), Speak Language (Riekspiel), Trade (Stoneworker)

Talents:
Dwarfcraft, Grudge-born Fury, Hardy, Lightning Reflexes, Night Vision, Quick Draw, Resistance to Magic, Specialist Weapon Group (Two-Handed)
Stout-hearted, Street Fighter, Strike Mighty Blow, Sturdy, Very Resilient

Trappings:
Backpack containing: Blanket, Bottle of Grain Alcohol (Poor Craftsmanship), Wooden Cutlery Set, Wooden Tankard
Common Clothing (Shirt, Breeches, Worn Boots, Tattered Cloak)
Light Armor (Leather Jerkin)

Dagger
Great Weapon (Warhammer)
Hand Weapon (Axe)

Purse w/:  8 gc

LGD fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2017 around 08:18

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er



When the mouse is amongst the lions, it must learn to roar. And a Halfling standing next to a trollslayer looks like mightily small mouse.

M'lord. I would be honored if you would allow me to lead the prosecution once we have brought this curr to justice."
Act confident, look confident. you can do this. he thinks to himself.

Archibald licks his lips a little. Err, do we have any information on those around him - it would be nice to not run into an ambush or a force of a hundred armed mercenaries. Heh.

He runs his hand down the hilt of the quickly purchased sword. Why did he get a sword? He only just knew which end was the sharp end! Also M'Lord, is there somewhere we could purchase auxiliary weaponry? I find myself in need of a sling.

His eyes flick to the next in line.

pre:
Name:  Archibald Middlemoot. 
Race: Halfling
Career: Litigator

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 26 | 37 | 24 | 20 | 41 | 24  | 34 | 32 |
Advances  : | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 10  | 10 | 10 |
Taken     : | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 10  | 10| 10 |
Gained    : | -- | -- | -- | -- | -- | -5  | -- | -- |
Current  : | 26 | 37 | 24 | 20 | 46 | 39  | 44 | 42 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 10 | 2  | 2  | 4  | 0   | 0  | 2  |
Advances  : | 0  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 0  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | -   | 0  | -  |
Current   : | 1  | 12 | 2  | 2  | 4  | 0   | 0  | 2  |

Skills:
Academic knowledge (Genealogy/Heraldry)+10, Academic knowledge (Law),
 Charm,  Common knowledge (Halflings), Common knowledge (The Empire),
 Gossip, Haggle, Perception, Read/Write, Secret Language (Guild Tongue),
 Speak Language (Halfling), Speak Language (Reikspeil)+10, Trade (Cook)


Talents:
Night Vision, Etiquette, Public Speaking,
 Resistance to Chaos, Savvy, Specialist Weapon group (sling),
 Supernumerate. 

Armour - None

Weapons - Sword, Sling. 


Trappings: Book of Empire Laws, 
Writing Kit.
common clothing consisting of a shirt, breeches, and worn boots
a tattered cloak
a dagger tucked in a boot or belt
a sling bag or a backpack containing a blanket
a wooden tankard
a wooden cutlery set
2 Water skins
4 weeks rations
11 Gold. 

Career Exits: Agitator, Demagogue, Guild Master, Merchant, Politician, 

XP + Advances:
Int +5 (free)
Int +5 (free)
Fel +5 (free)
Fel +5 (free)
100xp = +5 Ag
100xp +1 wound
100xp +1 wound
200xp +10 WP.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at May 4, 2018 around 08:27

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users



Greyleaf

Greyleaf stroked his chin with his gloved hand. The haughtiness of this duke was charming in its own way. Made him feel somewhat home. The rewards of his own land sounded interesting, but at same time bit too much for a simple bag'n'drag.
He politely waited for everyone before him to get their answers before raising his voice.

"So this parcel of land then, if we were to deliver you this mark. Would it be in loving Mousillon? Just want to make sure of this before hand so I don't feel cheated afterwards." He politely inquires
"That place has not been the prime real estate since 'the troubles' began."

Hello and welcome to the new and exciting world of Fel 22 Elf, I'm an rear end in a top hat.

pre:
Name: Greyleaf
Race: Knife-eared piece of poo poo
Career: Thug
Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 36 | 40 | 31 | 31 | 48 | 30  | 30 | 22 |
Advances  : | 10 | 00 | 05 | 05 | 00 | 00  | 05 | 05 | 
Taken     : | 10 | 00 | 05 | 05 | 00 | 00  | 05 | 05 |
Gained    : | -- | -- | -- | -- |  5 | --  |  5 | -- |
Current   : | 46 | 40 | 36 | 36 | 53 | 30  | 40 | 27 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 10 | 0  | 0  | 5  | 0   | 0  | 2  |
Advances  : | 1  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 1  | 00 | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 2  | 10 | 0  | 0  | 5  | 0   | 0  | 2  |

Skills:
Common Knowledge (Elves)
Speak Language (Eltharin, Reikspiel)

Consume Alcohol, 
Dodge Blow, 
Gamble, 
Intimidate, 
Secret Language (Thieves’ Tongue)

Talents:
Specialist Weapon Group (Longbow)
Coolheaded
Excellent Vision
Night Vision

Lightning Reflexes, 
Disarm, 
Quick Draw, 
Strike to Injure
Strike to Stun


Trappings:
Knuckle-dusters, 
Medium Armour (Mail Shirt and Leather Jerkin)


Career Exits: Bodyguard, Ex-Convict, Interrogator, Mercenary, Pit Fighter, Racketeer

XP + Advances: 
WS +5 FREE
WS +5 FREE
A +1 FREE
S +5 FREE

T +5 100
WP +5 100
Fel +5 100


Sormus fucked around with this message at Oct 16, 2017 around 22:42

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat waved her hand to attract the Duke's attention. It didn't make it much higher than the chest of Greyleaf, but the Duke's eyes soon settled on the diminutive huntress. She grinned widely and said, "I'd be likin' the gold as well, yer Dukishness!" The question of success or failure never even entered her mind. This Guido chap was one of the tall folk, after all, and they're like as not to knock down half the forest when they march on through. 'Sides, it seemed the rest of this merry band had more than 'alf a brain between them with all them questions they had for the askin'.

pre:
Name:  Cat Hogberry-Patch
Player:  Tricky
Race:  Halfling
XP:  300
Career: Hunter

Physical Characteristics
--------------------------
Height:  3'7”
Weight: 75 lbs.
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks: Scar

Origins and Family
-------------------------
Number of Siblings: 5
Age: 24
Star Sign: Dragomas the Drake
Birthplace: Saurapfel

Character Profile

Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
Starting  : | 15 | 51 | 15 | 25 | 50 | 34  | 29 | 41  |
Advance   : | -- | 15 | -- | 05 | 10 | 05  | -- | --  | 
Taken     : | -- | 15 | -- | 05 | 10 | 05  | -- | --  |
Current   : | 15 | 66 | 15 | 30 | 60 | 39  | 29 | 41  |

Secondary : | A |  W | SB | TB | M | MAG | IP | FP  |
Starting  : | 1 | 11 |  1 |  3 | 4 |  -  | -  |  3  |
Advance   : | - | 03 |  - |  - | - |  -  | -  |  -  |
Taken     : | - | 01 |  - |  - | - |  -  | -  |  -  |
Current   : | 1 | 12 |  1 |  3 | 4 |  -  | -  |  3  |

Skills:
Academic Knowledge (Geneology/Heraldry)
Common Knowledge (Halflings)
Gossip
Speak Language (Halfling)
Speak Language (Reikspiel)
Trade (Cook)
Concealment
Follow Trail
Outdoor Survival
Perception
Search
Secret Signs (Ranger)
Silent Move

Talents:
Night Vision
Resistance to Chaos
Specialist Weapon Group (Sling)
Resistance to Disease
Specialist Weapon Group (Longbow)
Lightning Reflexes
Marksman
Rapid Reload
Very Resilient

Trappings:
Light Armor (Leather Armor, Full)
Longbow with 10 Arrows
2 Animal Traps
Antitoxin Kit
common clothing consisting of a shirt, breeches, and worn boots
a tattered cloak
a dagger tucked in a boot or belt
a sling bag or a backpack containing a blanket
a wooden tankard
a wooden cutlery set
a hand weapon (axe, club, sword, etc.)
a purse holding 7 Gold Crowns (gc)

Career Exits:
Animal Trainer, Bounty Hunter, Charcoal-Burner, Fieldwarden,
Kithband Warrior, Miner, Scout, Soldier, Targeteer

Advances: (500 xp spent)
+5 BS x3
+5 Int
+5 Agi x2
+1 Wound
+5 Tou
Very Resilient

Tricky fucked around with this message at Apr 30, 2018 around 06:13

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn



Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn steps fowards, giving the Duke's guards an umimpressed look.
"This outlaw, will he make pacts with dead men? This Moose land is filled with dragur, yes? Has the fool offered up his blood for them?"

pre:
Name: Gunnbjorn Magnusson
Race: Human
Career:Norse Berserker 

Star Sign: The Dancer

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 31 | 23 | 27 | 33 | 33 | 33  | 35 | 26 |
Advances  : | 15 | 00 | 10 | 10 | 00 | 00  | 10 | 00 | 
Taken     : | 15 | 05 | 10 | 05 | 00 | 00  | 05 | 00 |
Gained    : | -- | -- | -- | -- | -- | --  | -- | 05 |
Current   : | 46 | 28 | 37 | 38 | 33 | 33  | 40| 26 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 11 | 2  | 3  | 4  | 0   | 0  | 2  |
Advances  : | 0  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 0  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 1  | 13 | 3  | 3  | 4  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Skills:

Common Knowledge (Norsca)
Common Knowledge (the Empire)
Consume Alcohol
Intimidate 
Gossip 
Performer (Storyteller)
Swin
Speak Language (Norsca)
Speak Language (Reikspiel)

Talents:

Frenzy
Menacing
Quick Draw
Specialist Weapon Group (Two-Handed)
Coolheaded 
Super Numerate

Trappings:

Light Armor (Leather Jerkin)
Bottle of Spirits
Great Weapon (Great Sword)
15 Crowns
common clothing consisting of a shirt, breeches, and worn boots
 tattered cloak
 dagger tucked in a boot or belt
  backpack containing a blanket
 wooden tankard
 wooden cutlery set
 hand axe
 2 weeks rations
 2 water skins
 20 feet of rope

Career Exits: Mercenary, Pit Fighter, Seaman, Sergeant, Veteran

XP + Advances: 

+1 Wound (Free)
+10 WS (Free)
+5 S (Free)
+5 WS (100 XP)
+ 5 Toughness (100 XP)
+5 WP (100XP)
+1 W (100 xp)
+5 S (100 xp)

mcclay fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2018 around 19:59

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013


Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn takes a look at the company around him. While unconventional, such a group as this seems rugged enough to fight a load of bandits; all except the poncy halfling. Hells, Jotunn and the Drengi could likely take out this bandit on their own. But a knight, some hard looking Elgi, the other hard looking human, and even the non-poncy Halfling all look like a scrappy lot.

"Ai Rik, I ain't too interested in any of yer land around here, unless it'll be a Karak of my own. Coin, and word that Jotunn Heavy-Hand, is an honorable hunter of criminals will be payment enough. The rest of those here have already answered the questions I'd have asked myself."

Hah, hunting down and killing some criminal arse will certainly show that Jotunn certainly isn't some murderous criminal, that's for sure!

Yeah, I'm going to be that annoying rear end sprinkling dwarven into my dialog. Blame Vermintide.

pre:
Name:  Jotun Heavy-Hand
Race: Dwarf
Career: Outlaw 

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 48 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 23 | 32  | 32 | 21 |
Advances  : | 10 | 10 | 00 | 00 | 10 | 05  | 00 | 00 | 
Taken     : | 10 | 05 | 00 | 00 | 10 | 05  | 00 | 00 |
Gained    : | -- | -- | -- | -- | -- | --  | -- | -- |
Current   : | 58 | 38 | 33 | 46 | 33 | 57  | 32 | 21 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 13 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |
Advances  : | 1  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 1  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 2  | 15 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Skills:
Animal Care
Common Knowledge (Dwarfs)
Concealment
Dodge blow
Gossip
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move
Speak Language (Kazalid)
Speak Language (Reikspiel)
swim
Trade (Smith)


Talents:
Dwarfcraft (+10 bonus on trade skills, including smith)
grudge born fury (+5 to WS when attacking orcs, goblins, hobo)
night vision (30 yard vision in natural, not total, darkness)
resistance to magic (+10 WP tests to resist magic)
stout-hearted (+10 on fear, terror and intimidate tests)
sturdy (No movement penalties in heavy armor, less encumbrance values)
Rover (+10 on conceal and silent move in rural locations)
strike to stun (Str v T to stun target)

Advances: (500/500)
A +1 (free)
WS +5 (free)
WS +5 (free)
W +1 (free)
W+1 (100)
AG+5 (100)
AG+5 (100)
Int +5 (100)
BS +5 (100)

Trappings:
26 gold, 18s
Bow with 10 arrows
Leather Jerkin
sleeved mail coat with breast plate
Shield
good craftsmanship hand weapon (axe)
common craftsmanship hand weapon (axe)
Good Craftsmanship spirits
common clothing consisting of a shirt, breeches, and worn boots
a tattered cloak
a dagger tucked in a boot or belt
a sling bag or a backpack containing a blanket
a wooden tankard
a wooden cutlery set
a hand weapon (axe, club, sword, etc.) 
a purse holding 2d10 Gold Crowns (gc)
2 weeks rations
2 water jugs

Werix fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2018 around 03:40

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Adalhard raises his goblet to the knight errant, smirking at him. "Well spoken, my friend, well spoken. You do your lords proud, but do not worry; this land shall be yours, even should I hold it until you feel it is your proper place to claim it." He listens to the slayer, shifting in his seat as his face reddens again. "Guido, that cur, was little more than a common bandit, before he started telling the common folk he was their 'champion.' The simple and easily swayed lay folk believed him to be some sort of folk hero, akin to the Herrimault. But that is utter ROT." He takes a deep drink from his wine cup and sets it down, leaning forward in his throne.

"The bloody maniac killed a courier carrying taxes to one of our Knights of the Realm, and when a questing knight took after him, the butcher killed him. But worst of all, the greatest affront so far?" He leans back, gesturing to the castle as a whole with a sweep of his arm. "He broke into the chamber of Lady Augustine, here in my own castle! I am humiliated! By the teeth of Malgrimace, how could this happen?!" He slams his fist against the arm of his throne, sending the goblet toppling to the ground where it spills wine all over the stone floor. He gives his servants a glare, taking a slow deep breath as he tries to calm himself.

"Lady Augistine is traumatized, the poor girl; she is a lady in waiting to my wife, the Lady Ismene, and his theft is an insult to my very honor. LeBeau is a psychopath, a murderer, and a rebel against the natural and proper order of Bretonnian society." He listens as the adventurers ask for gold, and scoffs particularly at the elf who assumes a duke of Lysonne can give land in Mousillon, motioning to another servant to bring forth and unfurl a tapestry. "This is the little corner of Lysonne I offer you, my friends."



"Your own fiefdom, a castle to call your home, and so much more. You would be Defenders of Lysonne, by my will. As for the Barony of the Damned, I know little of what you will face. I have sent knights through the cordon, but few ever return." He cocks an eyebrow at the lawyer, chuckling softly and waving a hand at him. "My man at Auferic's Watchtower can fit you with some simple gear, but time is of the essence. LeBeau has only been gone two, maybe three days, and you cannot lose that lead."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er



"One would hope that the dragon is artistic licence M'lord. Heh heh heh. It has to be, right?
"We will set forth at once!"

Looking around, Archibald hoped someone here has a better sense of direction than he does.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013


Jotunn Heavy-Hand

"I'm with the halfling, so long as that lizard is artistic in nature, that's a good looking Karak you got there. Suppose you don't right know if it is a Karak Azgal or a Karak Azul eh? Oh what does it matter, we can hash out the finality of payment after we go and kill, er bring to justice this here dastardly Thagi."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat tapped her chin thoughtfully, "You've the right of it, the trail ain't gettin' any warmer." She grinned, seemingly unconcerned by the difference between tracking game and tracking brigands. "Time to hunt, eh?"

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn



Gunnbjorn Magnusson

The Norscan snorts and shoulders his greatsword, giving the picture a quick look over.
"It is a decent place for us. Wouldn't be bad having homebase this far south."
Gunnbjorn looks over at Cat and points to her bow.
"Halfwoman, you are a tracker, yes? I hope you can leads us through this Moose land."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


The young flower of Bretonnian knighthood can't keep a tear from his eye at the Duke's inspiring generosity. To be granted holdings, without even a great deed to one's name? Almost unheard of. "An inspiring image, your grace. Such a magnificent tapestry must have been in your family for generations. Ere we depart, might we speak with the Lady Augistine? Upon my oath, I shall be the very picture of knightly courtesy."

Academic Knowledge: Geneology/Heraldry to know more about this fief? geneology/heraldry: 1d100 63 Never heard of it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



The Duke nods to the knight and gestures for a messenger, sending him off to find the lady in waiting. In the mean time, he resumes his snacking on the assorted meats nearby. "Mousillon is a poor land with few knights of note, a backwater hovel where ruffians like LeBeau believe they will be safe from scrutiny; even LeBeau is likely to have few friends there. Despite what you may have heard, it is nowhere as bad as rumors would say; our great king, Louen Leoncoerur, has made great strides in civilizing the duchy." He laughs at the question about the dragon, giving a broad smile. "If there were such a beast in my duchy, I would be out there fighting it myself!"

Several minutes pass, and finally, Lady Augustine enters the court, her eyes downcast; she is a young, skinny, pale woman who seems exhausted and traumatized. Flocking around her are a gaggle of serving maids, and the Lady Ismene, an older and handsome woman, trails behind them, her eyebrows raised as she studies the dwarves. Augustine stops at the foot of Adalhard's throne, glancing nervously to him, and he gives her a gentle smile, motioning for her to speak. "Go on, my dear. Tell them of that night."

Augustine nods and swallows hard, her voice soft as she speaks. "I woke one night to see a shadowy figure in my room, rifling through my dresser. The window was wide open." She looks over to Ismene and the woman nods for Augustine to continue. "He heard me awaken and turned to look at me, and.. and he was illuminated by a shaft of moonlight. He had a roguish leer, dark and villainous eyes, and stubbly, beaten skin. He laughed and vaulted out the window, and was long gone before the men at arms could respond." She fans herself, beads of sweat forming on her brow; she wavers on her feet, seemingly about to faint.

"It MUST have been Guido LeBeau, for surely who else in the whole of Lysonne could be so evil and daring enough to commit such a crime?" Ismene motions for the serving maids to help Augustine take her leave, and turns back to the group. Her voice is husky, and she looks to each member of the group as she speaks. "You simply must excuse her, this has been a trying time for the poor girl. She is a delicate Bretonnian flower, and this rogue has upset her deeply. Though my husband has made little mention of it, I do ask that you recover her circlet as well; it is a silver circlet, with a rose at the center with petals of gold and a ruby heart."

Duke Adalhard scoffs once Augustine is clear, shaking his head. "She will know his face when you return with him, and you will know him by whatever heinous deeds he is committing in Mousillon. I will see to it that my head groom loans the each of you a horse, and one of my men at arms shall lead you to Auferic's Watchtower to the southeast, where word has been delivered that LeBeau has passed by. Any equipment you should need, you may purchase from the quartermaster at the garrison."

He stands once more, holding his hand out to one of his servants as he strides up to the group. A sealed letter is placed in his outstretched hand, and he pauses a moment to decide whom best to give the letter to. It only takes him a moment to simply hand it to the most trustworthy person there: Henri de Vienne. "Show this to the guards at whatever watchtower you return to once you have found LeBeau, so that you may have no issue returning to Lysonne." The letter is emblazoned with Adalhard's heraldry and sealed with wax with Adalhard's signet ring.

Groubert, as he is introduced, meets the group once outside of the castle with enough horses for all six of them. He is a sullen looking man, and short of explaining that the ride will be two days by the quickest roads, he speaks only in grunts.



I will update more tomorrow; feel free to ask any more questions before you get railroaded, but know there'll be a chance to question Knight Auferic at his watch tower when you arrive.

Since this is a very civilized part of Lysonne, you (un)fortunately don't encounter anything on the way to the tower.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat chuckles at the Norscan, "Aye, I know a thing or two about the wilds. Iffen he's stompin' around like the rest of you tallfolk, we'll have this wrapped up quickern' my mam's pies get et durin' Pie Week." She pauses, thoughtfully, then asks, "Do ya even have pies that far north? It'd be a right shame if ya didn't. Nothin' like a good pie." She nudges Archibald, "Right, guv?"

She falls silent for a time as Augustine and Ismene appear and add their tales. As the Duke shuffles them out and on their way, she finds herself near Henri as the group loads up onto the horses. Cat cheerfully says, "Keep a good hand on that letter, eh? Gonna be a right fookin' mess if ya drop it inna bog."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archiebald Middlemoot

A fully notarized warrent from a duke is a very impotant thing. You do have a wax sealed documents case for it? Right? Archibald comments, straining on his tiptoes trying to get a look at the seal. In his heart he wished to take it and stroke it keep it safe. But it had been entrusted to the knight, so he knew his place in the strict Brettonian order.

He did take the oppertunity to have a quick word with the dukes quartermaster and aquire himself a sling, so he could aid his new comrades from a nice safe distance.

If it's okay with John Dyne, I'll spend 3 of my 7 gold on a sling. My WS sucks, and I think Archibald is better off hanging around at the back! Pelting the evil with stones of course!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn



Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn snorts. "Course we have pies up north, we aren't total savages. Well, some of us weren't. Anyways, either the Knight or the froofy halfman should take the paper. Someone who the guards might actually let speak on the way out."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users



Greyleaf

The token elf watched from sidelines, bemused and amused. He had wanted to get in few quick quips, but decided that annoying their employer more was not in his best interests. For all he knows the sealed letter might just be instructions for the guards to seize their trophy and turn them back into the quarantine zone.

I dont have anything to say, i'll just radiate 'being an elf' in the sidelines

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Over the two day ride, Groubert responds to questions about the fief, the duke, and practically everything else with a shrug and a grunt. The man is a practiced scout, setting up and tearing down a simple camp every night in short work, and showing no hesitation while choosing directions while travelling.

Before too long, the group emerges from the woods and stands before the small hill upon which sits Auferic's Watchtower, a new-looking wooden building with a platform at top for archers and archery slits in its walls. It sits on the border of Mousillon and Lysonne, and peering beyond shows the land ahead looks dismal and foggy. Groubert simply turns and rides back the way he came once everyone is on their way to their tower, giving a short wave before vanishing back into the forest paths. As the group rides up to the low walls surrounding the watch tower, a man in plate walks out with several of his men to greet them.


Sir Auferic, Knight of Lysonne

"You must be the adventurers Duke Adalhard sent my way! Good evening to you all! Come in, come in, my men will take your horses and you can stay a night here in my tower before having to deal with the hell that is Mousllion!" Auferic leads the group in, several of his men taking their horses to the stable within the tower's walls, and once inside the tower proper he motions for them to sit at a long, rectangular table; the garrison has several peasant archers and a few men at arms, and it seems like they've just finished their dinner and cleared space for the coming group.

Auferic finally gets a good look at Henri and grins ear to ear, clasping his upper arm with one hand and clapping his shoulder with the other. "Ah, another night, a sight for sore eyes indeed! Come, my friend, come! You must sit with me at the head of the table, and we will talk and break bread together! I am the only knight assigned to this tower, and it is so rare to receive gracious visitors such as yourself!" He chuckles low, shaking his head as he takes his seat at the head of the table, patting the bench to his right for Henri. "I have been out here for three years, and while I haven't ventured into that horrible duchy myself, I know many stories about the place!"

A thin looking chef brings out stone bowls filled with thin broth and stringy chicken, and chunks of bread, handing them to each person at the table save for Auferic; the knight, instead, receives a chicken breast that has been blackened over an open fire. "Ah, where are my manners. I am Sir Louis Auferic, sworn to Duke Adalhard of Lysonne. We will thank the Lady for this meal, and with it ward ourselves against another night of cold and hunger, yes?" He smiles, picking up his knife and fork. "I know you are after LeBeau, but please, my friends, let me hear more of of yourselves." He motions to Skag and Jotunn with his fork. "We don't see much of you mountainfolk out this far, and it would be a pleasure to hear of your exploits."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archiebald Middlemoot

Archiebald sits himself mid-table. leaving plenty of room for others to sit closer to the Knight than him, but being careful to not place himself at the far end of the table and out of the conversation. He tries the broth, then thinks better of it.

"Well, Sir Auferic, I am afraid that I am more of a talker than a fighter, but let me tell you, things can get hairy in the court room. Why, I remember a time I was involved in a dispute between two local breweries and the water rights for a spring. That quickly turned from a land title case to a murder case when the spring waters ran red if you get my meaning!"
He gives a dry laugh.

No one else laughs.

"Not that I am without courage, but I have recently decided to take a more active role in the criminal justice system, so here I am on the trail of a brigand. Tell me, what sort of tall tales is the man spreading about his prowess? Anything we would find useful?"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


Skag digs into the meager fare with a will, and addresses his host with obviously false modesty between bites, gesticulating with his knife.

"Ah, not much to tell of so far, I'm just a pest exterminator really. A few scraps with gor and the greenskins, but splattering your average grobi isn't anything to speak of. I hope Lyonesse's most wanted man will prove a better challenge.

Speaking of which, you say this Dutchy is hell on earth? Lots of nasty beasties in need of killing then? This "cordon"-thingie you're part of seems a bit more elaborate than the average customs post."


Skag belches loudly.

"Thanks again for your hospitality. Though a wee drop of grog would not go amiss!"



Sorry, work + wedding planning have been killing me this week. If it's possible I'd like to have retroactively spent 4gc to pick up travel necessities at the castle (or requisition them if possible)- a cooking pot, 2 full water skins, a tinder box, 2 weeks of provisions and 4 bottles of poor quality spirits.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Sir Auferic nods to the little lawyer, trying to hide a grin. "How quaint. The commoners in Bretonnia typically do away with the precepts of courtly law, and have mediators that tend to issues between villages and villagers." He bristles slightly at the mention of LeBeau's crimes, settling back into his chair and rubbing his chin. "Aye, well, a man claiming to be LeBeau passed through here six nights ago, and murdered one of my men at arms. The man survived two days with his wound, and related that the assailant sneered at him and told him, 'Tell your Lady that LeBeau sent you,' before he twisted the knife in his side." Auferic glowers at the table as he speaks, giving Henri a long glance when he mentions LeBeau's last words. "Were I not sworn to maintain this watch tower, I'd have ridden after the villain myself."

He turns in his seat slightly, to better face the Halfling. "If he is going to Mousillon, it is likely he passed through one of the two villages that are a day south of here; Craecheur and Puanteure. You might need to deal with the peasantry there to find out more, but they truly aren't the friendliest sort.."

When Skag mentions the cordon, Auferic chuckles, nodding to the dwarf. "Aye, you're right, friend. The Cordon Sanitaire is here primarily to keep commoners from leaving Mousillon and spreading the Red Pox into the neighboring lands. I warn you, definitely do not drink any water that you haven't boiled yourself in Mousillon!" He laughs at this, shaking his head. "But no, truly, there is much disease and despair south of here, and you should be careful. So long as you don't feast upon their frogs and snails, you SHOULD be okay."

At the mention of drink, Auferic raises his hand to call over his cook. "We have sherry, friend, but little else. I don't know how much good it will do a man stout as you."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat dabbed her bread in the broth and took a hearty bite. She'd taken a spot right near the head of the table where Henri and Sir Auferic sat. It wasn't quite like she'd be eating back at Saeurapfel, not by a long shot, but a hot meal was a hot meal no matter where you were. And from the sounds of things... Well, it may well be the group's last for a while. She listened with interest to the knight's advice about avoiding the pox. She'd been a healthy one all her life, but no sense tempting fate.

Cat finally spoke up, "Aye! Thanks be given to the Lady and Esmerelda for yer takin' us into home and hearth and treatin' us to yer hospitabitalitation." She let that travesty against language and sense hang in the air for a moment, then charged forward. "I'm a hunter, yer lordship, though I spent a few seasons on the march with the Empire doin' provisionin' for a company. Y'say there's some villages he mighta been through? Ne'er met a peasant what wasn't a friend I ain't met yet. Yanno?" She belted out a laugh.

Supply-wise, buying 20 additional arrows, 2 weeks rations, a cooking pot, 2 full water skins, a tinderbox, and a set of wooden cutlery. Grand total is 5gc, 3s.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



FYI, I had meant for you guys to buy here at the watchtower and not at the castle, so buy here if you like!

Also, you guys already have wooden cutlery; I'ma link my post from the OOC thread on it cause it was after you finished your dude, Tricky.


https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...1#post475107471

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat looked down at her bowl of broth and the spoon she was holding with some consternation, then pulled out a second spoon.

Double cutlery!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


Another knight! Henri brightens visibly at the presence of a fellow noble-at-arms. "Well met indeed, Sir Auferic. It gladdens my heart to know the evil of Mousillon is hemmed in righteous warriors." After taking his seat on the bench and making some small talk, he shakes his head at the tale of further crimes by the villain LeBeau. "I promise you this, good Auferic, LeBeau will taste the Duke's justice, whether by the Duke's hand or the edge of our blades. Such a fiend cannot be allowed to run freely over the land, murdering as he wills." With a thoughtful look, he continues. "Before LeBeau struck him down, was your man able to wound him, or see anything that might help us track him down sooner?"

Since we're heading in the direction of Blighttown, Henri buys 2 weeks of rations, 2 full waterskins, and 2 weeks of fodder for her horse for 30 Silvers. She also buys a lantern for 5 gold because she can't see in the dark.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users



Greyleaf

Greyleaf frowned at the sight of the tower's archers. He figured that a last line of defence between civilization and a cursed swamp would be well stocked, but it seems it was mostly peasant weekend warriors.

Getting a Mask (0.5gc), Kettle (1.5gc), Shortbow (7gc), Arrows (1gc), 2 weeks of Rations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



"He did, in fact. He took two of LeBeau's fingers from his left hand with a swipe of his sword. More's the pity the blackguard didn't suffer more at his hands." Auferic shakes his head, pushing himself to his feet. "Francis was a good man and he died with honor in defense of his Duke's lands. His wife will be well attended to, but Guido must pay no matter the cost."

Auferic yawns, covering his mouth with a gauntleted hand. "The night draws on, my friends, and I believe it is time we turn in. My men have put together straw pallets for you to sleep upon, and we can speak more in the morning. Rest well, as Mousillon awaits you on the morrow, and you will need all of the good will of the Lady to handle such a hellish place."



Werix is at Gen Con so he's NPC'd for the time being, and I'm going to let him retroactively make any purchases he needs when he gets back. Beyond that, you guys will be able to ask any last questions of Auferic before heading south into Mousillion and deciding which lovely village to go to.

Here's a map so you can decide what crappy village you want to go to.


Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archiebald Middlemoot

"Creacheur looks like the type of horrific place a bandit would hide out - then again, there is protection in numbers." He thinks for a second. "Hmm, Creacheur sounds similar to creature, I wonder if the locals once fears some form of bog monster! He he he."

The straw pallet was not going to give the best nights sleep, but Archibald considered it would have a rood over it - and would probably be the best night he would have in a long time!

Getting a sling, 4 weeks rations (I'm a bloody Halfling!) and 2 water skins. - 6g

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn



Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn sits down nearish to the Knight at the table, not really giving a poo poo about social expectations or whatever. He'll sit where he drat well pleases.

"[b]What can you tell us of these two villages? I'm a leaning towards going to Puantiereere or whatever, but I do not know the land this far south."

He sighs as he sees how close the drat bog is going to be. At least up in Norsca anywhere with water didn't make you sweat like a pig.

Buying 2 weeks of rations, 2 water skins and 20 feet of rope for 2gc

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat finished shoveling the last of the chicken and broth into her maw with an uncanny speed borne of double cutlery and let out a deep belch. "I don't suppose it much matters where we're startin' the hunt. Either we'll catch sign of his trail on the way inta Mousillion or we'll need ta take a look at 'em both to find 'is scent."

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


Skag does his best to put on a sympathetic face for Auferic.
"Ah, every little bit helps, but we should probably be turning in anyway. Thanks again for the hospitality, and sorry for the loss of your man. We'll get this Guido fellow for you."


Turning to the others:
"I'm of the same mind as Cat, we've no way of knowing which village he'd have wandered through, so one's as good as the other."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



The knight shrugs at the Norscan. "They are peasant villages in Mousillon. I can only assume they are like any peasant village, but worse." Auferic shakes his head as he begins to mount the stairs. "No one comes and goes freely through the cordon, so we only know the landmarks that have been there since the War of the False Grail. I doubt the Grismere or the city of Mousillon has much moved over the centuries."

Night passes. The straw pallets are faintly moldy, but comfortable. Most of you have slept on worse. Nothing happens during the night for the night watch to rouse you.

Morning light trickles in through the leaded windows, and the smell of cooking sausage fills the barracks. A man at arms comes around the pallets, nudging everyone awake with his armored boot, save for Henri, Gunnbjorn, and Skag; for the slayer, berserker, and knight, he politely and gently shakes their shoulders to wake them, making sure to move back quickly when he awakens the slayer and berserker.

Auferic is awake as well, sitting with his men and eating simple breakfast of eggs and sausage, and he waves the group over. "Alain! Get these fellows a plate! They've got a long day ahead of them!" The skinny chef stands by a massive stove, frying up the sausage and eggs side by side. The breakfast is quickly cooked and just as quickly consumed, and with all the waking men, it is difficult to actually speak with Auferic about the coming journey.

Before the sun has risen too far into the sky, Auferic leads the group outside, taking them to the road leading south into Mousillon. "Would it be that I had men to spare and no oath to this watch tower, else I could send you on with more than a few kind words and my prayers." He claps Henri on the shoulder and clasps his forearm, smiling. "May the Lady guide your lance and shield you from the slings and arrows of your foes, Sir Henri. You'll have a half a day's walk before you reach the crossroads to the two towns."

With that, Auferic returns towards the watch tower, leaving the group to start their trek into Mousillon proper. The group treks south, and after an hour of walking, the resplendent greenery of Bretonnia fades into the bleakness and murk of Mousillon; the change is rapid and startling, with the grass turning drab and dark, the sky filling with dark and swollen rain clouds, and the wind turning to a biting cold. Sporadic drizzles of rain fill the air, not enough to get a good soak in but enough to be uncomfortable.

And above all else, there is the smell. The pervading armor is dank and musty, like a dampened cellar, with a faint sour note like spoiled food or unwashed dwarf feet. The smell is everywhere, and as you journey further south, it simply gets stronger. Before long, it's infused in everyone's clothing. Mousillon smells and looks of wrongness, despair, and impending doom.

But suddenly, several hours into the march when the crossroads are finally in sight, the smell considerably worsens with the sweet notes of rotting meat and decaying flesh. Cat and Greyleaf bring the group to a stop, each staring off into the foggy woods to either side of the road; both have noticed movement in the trees, and they rouse the others to readiness just as the first groans of the undead fill the air.

Staggering from the tree lines on either side of the road are a mixture of skeletons and zombies, about twelve in total; a single skeleton on either side emerges last, clad in rusted and torn chain and scale mail and wielding weapons that glow with carved runes. The creatures raise their weapons and roar with unnatural voices, sending the zombies and skeletons shambling towards the wayward group.


Thanks to excellent perception tests from Cat and Greyleaf, you guys are not caught by surprise by the undead ambush. You all get to act first, as they are using their actions to move.

If you have any knowledge pertaining to the undead, you can test to have your character realize the creatures in the back are Wights, and to realize how dangerous their blades actually are.

e: The skeletons and zombies are close enough for a dwarf to charge, and the wights currently offer a -20 penalty to hit due to cover from their minions; if you hit within 20% over the modified TN, however, you will hit a zombie or skeleton.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2017 around 21:22

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users


Greyleaf

"Ughh, undead. Better shape up or we'll join them. " the elf curses, while quickly drawing his peasant-made shortbow, which makes an unnerving crack as pulls on the string. He takes careful aim at the dangerous looking dead ones at the back, but the shot goes wide.


Quick Drawing a bow, using an Aim and a Standard Attacking a Wight, biggest mob is best mob

Roll Ini: 1d10+5 12
BS test vs 63 to hit anyone, 43 to hit Wight (53 + 10 from aim): 1d100 56 Missed Wight, hitting skele or zamboni, in body
Bow damage: 1d10+3 12
pre:
| WS | BS |  S |  T | Ag | Int | WP | Fel |
| 46 | 40 | 36 | 31 | 53 |  30 | 35 |  22 |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  2  | 10/10 |  5  | 2/2  |

Armour: Medium (3)

Name         Range  Damage  Reload	Special
Hand Weapon  Melee      SB 
Shortbow     16/31       3    Half 


Skills:

Talents:
Disarm, 
Quick Draw, 
Strike to Injure (+1 to Crit rolls)
Strike to Stun   (May attempt Stun on melee hit)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


Henri grasps Auferic's arm in gratitude as they set off. "The Lady watch over you as well, Sir Auferic. We shall return with Guido Lebeau, or his head on the end of a spear!"

--

When the more wary members of the party warn the others of movement, Henri swings up into the saddle, shakes out his arms, and readies his weapons. As foolishly as one would expect from a young knight, Henri brightens visibly at he sight of the loathsome walking dead. "At last, righteous battle awaits us! Face me, foul crawling things! Henri de Vienne will crush your bones back into the cold earth!" With that, he kicks his mount into motion and lowers his lance, hoping to skewer one of the better-dressed monstrosities on its point.

Henrietta is lance charging at one of the armored ones (what's a Wight? I tell you, wizards and their book-learning), and challenging it to a duel while she does it. The fact that she is challenging a foe on foot to a duel from horseback will be lost on her.
lance charge: 1d100 29
lance damage: 2d10k1+6 13
horse charge: 1d100 68
the initiative roll i forgot: 1d10+30 36 yes, really. that's what the book says to do.

pre:
Henri:
Primary     | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | IN | WP | FE |
            | 53 | 29 | 41 | 30 | 30 | 32 | 36 | 37 |

Secondary   | A  | W  | SB | TB |  M | MG | IP | FP |
            | 2  | 11 |  4 |  3 |  4 |  - |  0 |  2 |
AP 3 
11/11 Wounds
2/2  FP
1 Parry @ 63, -10 to incoming BS if aware of attack
1 Dodge @ 30 if a parry fails or if I already used it

CC Lance: 1d10+6   Fast, Impact, Tiring
CC Sword: 1d10+5

Horse:
Primary     | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | IN | WP | FE |
            | 30 |  0 | 40 | 40 | 30 | 10 | 10 |  0 |

Secondary   | A  | W  | SB | TB |  M | MG | IP | FP |
            | 1  | 14 |  4 |  4 |  8 |  - |  - |  - |

Perception +10 
Acute Hearing, Keen Senses

Natural Weapons: 1d10+5

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 00:16

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat looked at the weird, glowing blades and spat onto the ground. "I reckon those'll do ya in right quick. Look alive, you lot!"

Drawing an arrow, she leveled her longbow with the Wight on the left and, after a moment's concentration, sent an arrow flying through the crowd of undead that pierced deeply into its left arm.

Initiative: 1d10+50 52
Sending an arrow Wight#1's way! (Aim->Attack): 1d100 5
Arrow damage to the left arm.: 1d10+3 13
Checking for Ulric's Fury: 1d100 78

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 15 | 66 | 15 | 20 | 50 | 39  | 29 | 41  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  1  | 11/11 |  4  | 3/3  |

Armour: None

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee      SB 
Longbow      30/60       3   Free*  Armor Piercing

Talents:
Rapid Reload

Tricky fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 01:42

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


Skag's knuckles turn white as he grips his Warhammer aloft and adopts an offensive stance- yet he does not move.

"This is what that poxy garrison commander thinks snails and bad water looks like then?!"

Being a proper trolldrengi! (Fear Test): 1d100 96
e: oh and initiative for when I get to do things : Initiative: 1d10+3 8
let me know if we're not taking fear tests for whatever reason- I'll amend my post

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 54 | 28 | 31 | 50 | 37 | 29  | 31 | 19  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  2  | 12/12 |  3  | 1/1  |

Armour: None

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee   SB+1 
Great Weapon Melee   SB+1           Impact, Slow 
Dagger       Melee   SB-2 

Skills:
Dodge Blow

Talents:
Grudge-born Fury
Night Vision
Quick Draw
Resistance to Magic
Stout-hearted
Street Fighter
Strike Mighty Blow
Sturdy

LGD fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 00:04

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn



Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn snorts and walks up to the closest zombie, sizes the fucker up, and gives a snort.
"Really? This is what the walking dead like are in the south? Pathetic."
He follows this up by bashing the fuckers brains in with his weapon.




Initiative: 1d10+3 11
Attacking Zombie: 1d100 14
Damage (Allowed to roll 2 d10 and choose the highest due to Impact): 2#1d10+2 10 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



I'm gonna say there's not gonna be a fear test against these jerks since they're just bog standard zombies and skeletons. The wights I won't need a fear roll on unless you know about their blades.

I think it's rather silly that a dwarf who has sworn himself to find honorable death in combat will refuse to fight a spooky skeleton.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«9 »