Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

As she's bumped and coins are thrown and everything starts to point to this chap being very much not actually the Breaker, Cat finds her best cooking knife stabbing the big lug in the bits. Honest mistake really. She says, "Esmerelda's tush, Othrun! What'd ya tell the man ta get a reaction like that? Ya offer to shag his mum or summat?"

Stab Vincen in the bits (55): 1d100 15
Bit stabbing: 1d10+1 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Shortshin
Vincen feels something groping his buttocks and jumps once more, his feet tangling together as he tries to whirl around to defend himself against this new threat; the mountainous man ends up falling square onto his side hard enough to shake dust from the painted scenery surrounding them, and after a moment of his groaning, the office behind Cat creaks open slightly.

"Vincen, lad, you alright? I warned you about getting too deep into your cups 'afore tryin' those stairs!" A pudgy face, lined with concern and no small amount of fear, pokes out the crack formed in the doorway; a mess of curls sits atop the halfling's face, and his eyes widen when he sees Vincen sprawled out on the floor. His eyes take a moment to adjust to the change in lighting, and when he spies Orthun, he utters a profanity used primarily by halflings to describe acts unspeakable that Cat is very familiar with before slamming the door shut.

Silence follows Shortshin's exit. The halfling doesn't seem to be raising an alarm, and after another moment of waiting, he doesn't seem to emerge armed for a fight. Vincen rolls onto his back with a grunt and rubs his head, his eyes closed. "This ain't my bloody night, is it?"




Greyleaf Starts Some poo poo
Antonio tips his hat to Louise with a grin, slipping back slightly into the shadows. "The young man is correct, and if he is a local and knows the way, then you will need to please excuse me; the Sangent are not what one would call 'welcome' in that little den. Your friends have gone ahead, and as they have not been tossed out onto their ears as of yet, I assume they are still inside."

With another flourished bow, the man disappears back into the alleyway, and with a shrug, Louise leads the crew to the Fallen Heaven, where they are met with much of the same music and depravity as the rest of their group. Of specific note to them is, at the far back of the bar, is their elven 'friend', Greyleaf.

It is difficult to tell what, exactly, has come to happen with the elf and the people surrounding him, but Jotunn and the others can see very plainly that Greyleaf is kneeling over the prone body of a man. Another man, one of the Boys, is currently leaning over the body and struggling against Greyleaf with the tips of two daggers sticking out of his back. Alarm has yet to spread throughout the room, but the Tileans behind Greyleaf are reaching for their steel, and two more of the Boys are picking their way through the crowd toward the back platform as quickly as they can.

A brawl seems to be inevitable, once again, thanks to Greyleaf.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


Soiled Meat


Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn emerges from behind Cat like a loving mountain suddenly breaking through a screen of foothills.
"No it is not, friend. Where is the man that is called the Breaker? I have some words I'd like to speak with him."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013


Jotunn Heavy-Hand

As it becomes clear that the elf has once again started trouble, and without any understanding of what is currently going on or what the others have discovered in their investigating while their small group were engaged in a political hit job, Jotunn sighs and pulls out his shield and axe. "Twice damned Elgi shouldn't even still be alive at this point," he mutters to no one in particular before turning to Henri. "So lad knight, should we do the old 'get everyone's attention' or the tried and true 'rush through the crowd and split some heads?' I got quite my full of senseless killing dealing with those rebels, so we could go with 'shout and display our weapons to make clear we ain't the group to be messin' with.' I'm fine with either, I'll follow your lead ser."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat pokes Vincen in the bits a few more times, clearly more impressed by herself than the lack of blood or pain or anything really should justify, and says, "Yeh! Where's the Breaker?" A beat. "Wait, you mean this ain't the Breaker? Why'm I stabbin' his bits, then?"

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010




Orthun Caskbringer
Wounds: 12/12 Fortune: 1/1
AP: 1 (All) TB: 4
Grail Knight Knuckle: +5 to charm/gossip vs The Lady worshippers.
Lucky Charm: Reroll a failed test or negate a hit at the expense of the charm.


Orthun lets out a long sigh as events unfold in front of him. This wasn't exactly how he pictured this going down, but at least Cat had failed to perforate a (probably) innocent man's colon well before he deserved it. In response to her question about his use of thieves' tongue he gives a slight shrug "Just some simple street talk that any gang member worth his salt would recognize. No doubt this is not our man."

Turning his attention to more important matters, Orthun glimpsed downward at the friendly offering the lumbering man had made in throwing a fistful of coins in his face. Not the most traditional of greetings, but more than enough to make up for any perceived slights that he may have levied. Several coins had lodged themselves in his beard and Orthun was quick to push them deep within their temporary hairy home.

With his 'Welcome to Mousillon' gift secreted away, Orthun's attention snaps back to the situation at hand. Gunnbjorn's very professional looming slapping a look of approval across his face.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug


Liliana

Liliana rolls her eyes. As usual, an innocent and entirely wholesome elf is being menaced by his inferiors, and naturally even his "friends" were hesitant to help out. Well, it was time for them to learn a lesson in the power of magic.

"Ugh, enough. Follow my lead."

She begins whispering an incantation, only to be cut off as a beer tankard is thrown into the wall next to her head, making her lose concentration. Reddening with frustration, she simply waves her hands and spits out the spell. An unearthly screeching, the sound of some undead horror emerging from its crypt, fills the room. Of course, now she couldn't concentrate on gathering magick for the next spell because of the noise, but it didn't matter: the corrupt air of Mousillon practically vibrated with magic. Within a half second of the screeching stopping, a dozen unearthly lights pop into existence and begin flying around the room. Liliana screams in mock terror even as she starts deliberately steering the lights to duck and swoop into people's faces.

"BY THE GODS, THE VENGEFUL SPIRITS OF THE DEAD HAVE COME FOR US ALL! FLEE! FLEE BEFORE THEY DEVOUR YOUR SOULS! EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!"

Channeling vs 65 (55 +10 Talent) 100, hell yeah, great start

Sounds vs 4: 6+2, success!

Channeling #2 vs 65: 88, clearly this bar is too noisy to focus properly

Marsh Lights vs 6: 7+5

I'm sure this will work out exactly as intended.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010



Louis du Mousillon

They arrived and no sooner was a member of their jolly band engaging in wanton murder. Well, it wouldn't be Mousillon without a cherry to top the sundae of tragedy he'd experienced since he agreed to help these psychopaths. Louis drew his sword and shield then put himself in front of the crazed elven wizard drawing specters out of the swamp. He just had to find Le Beau he reminded himself again.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


Luckily for Henri, his hand was already on the hilt of his sword as he entered the "inn." Thinking quickly, the knight draws his blade and swings it wildly in the air in the general direction of the unnatural lights. "By the lady, peasants, my mighty blade is of no use! Flee, flee for your lives!"

Imagine this is in Doctor Orpheous' voice.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Greyleaf Gets Knocked Down But He Gets Up Again
Liliana's spells startle most of the drunken patrons of the Fallen Heaven, but when the lights swoop into their faces and they don't immediately die or wither, most begin to laugh. One of the men staggers to his feet and cups his hands over his mouth, bellowing loudly across the bar. "STAGE'S THATTA WAY, GIRL, BUT IF YA WAN' A FEW COIN, I CAN SPARE A FEW IN EXCHANGE FER YER ROBE!"" He cackles lecherously and elbows his buddy next to him, who spills his drink into his lap and curses loudly in Bretonnian; Henri and Louis understand it to be a very unflattering comparison of the bellowing man's mother to a pig, a cavern, and a slang word that only Louis knows and is embarrassed to hear in front of a lady and a knight. The belligerent man turns and socks his drinking buddy dead center in his face, sending the man sprawling to the floor with a spray of blood from his mutilated nose.

The Boys picking through the crowd are suddenly caught in a no-holds-barred brawl, cursing as they raise their clubs to ward off the blows of intoxicated idiots who don't particularly care about friend or foe. Chairs, tankards, and laughter fill the air as drunken men with no other outlet begin beating the everloving poo poo out of one another; mercifully, Henri and the others have yet to step down into the bar proper, but now a mosh pit separates them from their stranded elven 'friend,' who is currently engaged in a much more lethal struggle with four of the Boys, though the Tilean soldiers seem to be backing him up. The seven of them currently struggle against one another, blades locked against iron banded clubs in a temporary stalemate; there's no doubt in anyone's mind that once more of the guards show up, Greyleaf and his Tilean chums are going to be picking their teeth out of those clubs at best.

Greyleaf's foot pistons out right into the groin of one of the men he's struggling against, sending the man to the ground with a whine. At least he seems able to handle himself okay in the little brawl over there.


Mistaken Identity
Vincen slowly climbs to his feet, dusting himself off and keeping his hands where Gunnbjorn can see them; while Vincen is much broader and slightly taller than Gunnbjorn, the man obviously understands that the Norscan's strength didn't come from hauling lumber.

"The Breaker? I can't say I've heard of him, sirs and ma'am, and who comes here isn't told to me. I'm just a stage hand and a craftsman; these are all me works, and Shortshin was payin' me for my recent crafts." He nods towards the amateurish scenery around the office, smiling proudly in spite of himself. "There's a bookish and studious sort of gent that comes around and pays Shortshin a hefy fee; I've seen him leaving the office sometimes when I drop by, and Shortshin usually looks as happy as happy as a pig in s.." He trails off, eyeing Cat for a moment before clearing his throat. "Happy as a pig, really. I usually get paid out of that. Don't know his name or business, but Shortshin would." He gestures towards the office behind them, frowning.

"Might want to talk to Mr. Shortshin. I'm sure he can help; that other man may be the one you're looking for."



WE'RE BACK JESUS CHRIST FINALLY

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010




Orthun Caskbringer
Wounds: 12/12 Fortune: 1/1
AP: 1 (All) TB: 4
Grail Knight Knuckle: +5 to charm/gossip vs The Lady worshippers.
Lucky Charm: Reroll a failed test or negate a hit at the expense of the charm.



"Of course things are never so simple." Orthun levels a pointed look at Vincen, but gives a small shake of the head. This manling was unlikely to be who they were looking for, especially in light of the reveal of a mysterious scholar who was heaping large sums of coin upon the innkeep. In the end this was the Norscan's taken task, so Orthun inclined his head in Gunnbjorn's direction "Given the boy seems timid as a goat and shows no understanding of gang speak, I don't believe he's who we're after. I'll follow along whether you want to stick to the letter of our task or if it looks like we should investigate deeper and have a chat with this Shortshin."

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


Soiled Meat


Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn gives Vincen a wide, only somewhat terrifying smile.

"Ah, it is fine friend. I do think I will be having a small chat with this Shortshin." He reaches into his pocket and fishes out two gold coins, which he then hands to the shaking man.
"For your troubles. I do not know how far this gold will go in these south lands, but if you can use it to get to some place less covered in poo poo, ya?"

Without waiting for a response Gunnbjorn climbs the stairs and goes to open the door. And if said door is locked, then he puts a foot through it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Shortshin
Vincen heaves a sigh of relief and reaches out, shaking Gunnbjorn's hand with both of his. "Lady bless you, lad. I'll be on me way then. Good luck to ya, this Breaker don't sound like the good kind of folk to me." He pockets the coin and scampers away as best as a man of his size can, unknowingly heading straight up into a bar brawl.

Gunnbjorn approaches the door, and unsurprisingly, the halfling has locked the door behind him. The Norscan takes a step back and slams his foot forward, right next to the doorknob, and the flimsy door shatters away from the frame with ease. As he steps through the door frame, he feels the air move by his face and hears wooden THUNK; turning his head slightly, he sees a crossbow bolt embedded in the wooden doorframe half a foot from his head, and astride a massive oaken desk a pudgy midget struggles to reload his weapon while cursing up a storm.

Shortshin, seeing Gunnbjorn has made it in but is apparently sober and not on a rampage, tosses the crossbow to the side with a sigh, sitting down at the edge of the desk with his arms across his chest. His hair is a wild mess of black curls, and he is dressed in the finest clothes available to a man of his size in Mousillon. He reaches across the desk to pick up what looks like a cigar, striking a match to light it up with an exasperated look on his face. He gestures towards the bolt in the door, trailing smoke from his cigar as his hand moves.

"Sorry about that. Nerves, y'know; get a lot of big, angry drunks who like to open doors with their faces. Ezekiah Shortshin, at your service. You lookin' for a position in my Boys?" He glances Gunn over with a grin. "Cause you'd fit right the hell in, lemme tell ya."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat pokes Vincen in the bits one more time for good measure, just before the hulking man scampers away. He was a funny guy! Very resistant bits, a mark of poor character in her estimation, but funny! Her fascination with sharp (?) objects sated for the moment, she follows Gunnbjorn into Shortshin's office. Immediately, she feels a bit of kinship to the diminutive, but well-dressed... crime boss? She says, "Ey, sorry about the door. Bjornie just really hates doors. And arms. Mostly doors, though." Tossing herself into the chair in front of the desk, she says, "So you know the Breaker? Cause a lotta people know the Breaker and not in the good way, ifya know what I mean."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«12 »