Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
  • Post
  • Reply
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Henri spurs his horse into action, scattering the two skeletons standing between him and his target with the power of his horse; the lance tip slams into the wight's chest, sending a spray of damaged chain links and brittle, ancient bone as the creature staggers to the side. As the wight turns to follow the knight's charge, hissing in rage and raising its blade, the Halfling hunter Cat takes careful aim and fires at the creature's exposed side; her broadheaded arrow shatters through the wight's arm and the rest of its ribcage, causing the monster's chest to cave in from the weight of its armor and send it scattered to the ground, dead.

Greyleaf follows suit with the Halfling, aiming at the remaining wight and loosing an arrow in its direction; unfortunately, one of the zombies staggers into the path of the arrow at the last moment, the projectile burying itself in the undead monstrosity's chest with a sickening noise and out through its back. The creature stands still for a moment, obviously confused, before falling face forward into the grass, its spine severed by the arrowhead. The Norse berserker strolls forward after Henri, drawing his great sword as he does, and he pauses to glance the zombie over. Far north, in his home, the undead tended to be mutated monstrosities twisted by the dark powers; a simple, dead Bretonnian man wasn't much to look at. With little effort, he brings the massive weapon around in a smooth arc, slicing the monster's head off right at the jaw; its tongue lolls as the top of its head tumbles to the ground, and the berserker gives the body a shove to keep it from toppling onto him.

Skag, meanwhile, turns his attention towards the remaining wight. With his maul in hand, the dwarf charges forward, his weapon raised in a sign of challenge. The undead before him part at the wight's mental command, and the wight meets his challenge head on. The slayer bats away the wight's swing with the haft of his hammer, feeling the unholy strength behind the blow and seeing it in the mark left behind by the strike. Skag brings his weapon down with a crunch against the wight's shield, the beast staggering back as the green corpse lights in its eye sockets flicker angrily. Feeling emboldened, Skag continues to stride forward, landing blow after blow on the ancient, corroded shield, bending the metal this way and that. With a final swing, the shield is battered away along with most of the wight's arm, and the slayer uses the momentum of his blow to spin, planting the head of his hammer right against the side of the wight's ribcage. The dwarf smashes the wight clean in half with his mighty blow, sending its two halves tumbling in separate directions. When Skag turns, he finds his little duel has taken him a fair distance beyond the line of undead, separating him from his comrades.

Jotunn watches as the slayer bursts through the ranks of the undead to pursue the wight, and takes after him, his axe in hand. A skeleton reaches towards him with sharpened fingers, but the dwarf slaps the grasping hand away with the head of his axe and shatters the skull of the skeleton with a backhanded blow from the same weapon.



Went ahead and acted for Skag; since he got an Ulric's Fury, I spiced up his fight a little bit, since it was enough to outright kill the wight after its soak.

I still need an Archiebald attack and then I can do the Undead. Here's a horrible MS Paint map though. There's no scale because everything is in charging distance and basically short range for the bow wielders.





Greyleaf - 8 damage, zombie, body (dead zombie)
Henri - 6 damage, wight, body
Cat - 7 damage, wight, left arm (dead wight)
Gunnbjorn - 8 damage, zombie, head (dead zombie)
Skag - 11 damage, wight, body (dead wight)
Jotunn - 8 damage, skeleton, head (dead skeleton)

Skag Charge vs 64: 1d100 10 2d10k1+4 14
Skag Righteous Fury Confirmation: 1d100 53
Skag RF Damage: 1d10 4
Jotunn Charge vs 68: 1d100 1 1d10+3 13
Jotunn Confirm UF: 1d100 96

Zombie x3
AG 10, TB 3, W 8, AP 1 Arms/Body
WS 25, 1d10+3 damage

Skeleton x4
Ag 25, TB 3, W 8, AP 1 Head/Body
WS 25, 1d10+3 damage
BS 20, 1d10+2 damage

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 02:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Ok awesome! Skag's course of action exactly matched what I was planning to do anyway (or what I'd have done if I thought I could reach a wight with those stubby legs ).

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archibald Middlemoot

How do you kill the undead? Well, hopefully a rock to the head will do it! He whips his sling around his head and sends a rock off towards the closet zombie.

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 26 | 37 | 24 | 20 | 41 | 39  | 34 | 32  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  1  | 10/10 |  3  | 2/2  |

Armour: None

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee   SB+1 
Dagger       Melee   SB-2 
Sling        16/32   3      Half

Skills:
Perception

Talents:
Night Vision,
Resistance to Chaos,
Specialist Weapon group (sling),

intuitive -1D10+4 = 7
Attacking zombie = 61

Sorry, busy weekend!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013


Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn stayed mostly quiet during their stay at the watchtower. He didn't have too much to say or ask anyway. Though he was mostly worried about the Knight running the place. Jotunn might have been a (wrongfully accused) outlaw in just the Empire, but the Dwarf still didn't know if the "honor" required by these knights would mean they'd have to try and bring him to justice, or not. That's why as soon as they could bring in this LeBeau, Jotunn could be treated as a hero, and not have to worry about looking over his back in this land.

The Dwarf picks up some rations and water, as he'd rather not get sick from the local supply, as well as a crowbar in case they have to bust into some hideyhole to get at this bandit. Jotunn tries his best to squint into the fog, but is glad when the Elgi and halfling spot the danger in the mist. Jotunn quickly jumps off his mount and brings up his axe and shield, getting between himself and most of the others.

"Stay behind me if you want. I'll take these damned UzkulUrk on my shield and those of you inclined to plink away at them do so; just don't go and shoot me in the back!"

And back from Gen Con. Dyne said he was doing Jotunn NPCed for the first round of combat, so I'll wait until he posts and then go from there. I bought:

2 weeks worth of rations at 16s
2 waterskins for 16s
Crowbar for 10s


pre:
Name:  Jotun Heavy-Hand
Race: Dwarf
Career: Outlaw 

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Current   : | 58 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 23 | 52  | 32 | 21 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Current   : | 2  | 14 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Wounds: 14/14

Fate: 3/3

Armor: 1 Body AP Toughness Bonus: 4
Dodge: 23, Parry w/shield: 68

Weapons:
Hand Weapon: 1d10+3
Shield(bash):1d10+1Qualities: Defensive, -10BS to incoming ranged attacks
Bow Range: 1d10+3 Rld: Half

Skills:
Dodge blow
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move

Talents:
grudge born fury (+5 to WS when attacking orcs, goblins, hobo)
night vision (30 yard vision in natural, not total, darkness)
resistance to magic (+10 WP tests to resist magic)
stout-hearted (+10 on fear, terror and intimidate tests)
sturdy (No movement penalties in heavy armor, less encumbrance values)
Rover (+10 on conceal and silent move in rural locations)
strike to stun (Str v T to stun target)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Archibald's stone whizzes past the head of one of the zombies and plinks harmlessly off of the skull of the skeleton next to it, causing the creature to turn its attention towards the halfling with an enraged hiss. It draws its rotting bow and notches a single, wobbly looking arrow, pulling the string back and taking aim; the string snaps forward, and the arrow hurtles into the air...

.. where it arcs directly downwards and embeds itself in the dirt not three feet in front of the skeleton.

The zombie and skeleton on the same side as the archer press in on Gunnbjorn and Henri; the knight simply lashes out with his boot into the face of the approaching zombie, causing it to stumble back and groan in confusion. Gunnbjorn, meanwhile, finds it laughably easy to avoid the clumsy swings of the skeleton trying to kill him; the berserker had marched far south from his home and had certainly faced much more dangerous foes in his time.

Skag and Jotunn, however, find themselves surrounded, with a zombie and a skeleton both attacking the each of them. Jotunn is able to take the first blow from the zombie on his shield, but the undead creature holds on to it and struggles to wrestle it free from his arm; at the same time, the skeleton closes in, brandishing an axe caked with gore and mud, and swings it with both hands for the dwarf's head. Jotunn does the only thing that he can, and he ducks under the blow.

Meanwhile, Skag bats away the swings of the zombie's mace with the haft of his hammer, but as he defends himself from the onslaught in front of him, the skeleton is able to get behind him and strike from behind. The ancient club strikes Skag square in the back of his bald head, the decrepit wood splintering from the force of the blow, but surprisingly, the dwarf seems to be unaffected; slayers are obviously made of sterner things.



LZ1 - misses Henri
LS1 - misses Archibald
LS2 - misses Gunnbjorn
RZ1 - misses Skag
RZ2 - misses Jotunn
RS1 - hits Skag for 0 damge
RS2 - hits, but Jotunn dodges


Skeleton Melee Attacks vs 25: 3#1d100 93 10 8 3#1d10+3 10 5 10
Skeleton Ranged Attack vs 20: 1d100 33 1d10+2 3
Zombie Melee Attacks vs 25: 3#1d100 62 33 73 3#1d10+3 6 10 7
Jotunn Dodge vs 23: 1d100 9

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users


Greyleaf

"I'm fecking gobsmacked, they have worse bows than I do."
The elf then flashily pulls on his finest fenceplank-and-old-belt crafted short bow and.. drops his first arrow into the mud. He quickly employs his elven reflexes and restrings another before anyone sees it.
The next arrow flies true and embeds itself in a Wight.

I have been told there arent any wights left. I stand by what i wrote.
Forgot to reload, subtract Aim, replace with "actually reloading the bow", does not affect success. Actual TN 33 / 53
BS test vs 63 to hit anyone, 43 to hit Wight (53 + 10 from aim): 1d100 74 Fail, Fortune Pointing
BS test vs 63 to hit anyone, 43 to hit Wight (53 + 10 from aim) PART 3: 1d100 32 Okay Hitting an enemy in all the Wight places. Right Arm, to be specific.
Bow damage #2: 1d10+3 11


pre:
| WS | BS |  S |  T | Ag | Int | WP | Fel |
| 46 | 40 | 36 | 31 | 53 |  30 | 35 |  22 |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  2  | 10/10 |  5  | 1/2  |

Armour: Medium (3)

Name         Range  Damage  Reload	Special
Hand Weapon  Melee      SB 
Shortbow     16/31       3    Half 


Skills:

Talents:
Disarm, 
Quick Draw, 
Strike to Injure (+1 to Crit rolls)
Strike to Stun   (May attempt Stun on melee hit)

Sormus fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 23:00

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat chortled as the wight crumpled under her arrow and Henri's charge, "Not much ta show fer their fancy-pants weapons, aye?" With a cocky grin at Greyleaf, she added, "I betcha I can put another one in the ugly one's arm!"

And, with a brief moment of focus, she did just that.

No action to reload, so Aim -> Attack again!

Shooting a zombie in the face... or wherever, really. (TN=76): 1d100 45
Cat really loving hates left arms.: 1d10+3 12

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 15 | 66 | 15 | 20 | 50 | 39  | 29 | 41  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  1  | 11/11 |  4  | 3/3  |

Armour: None

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee      SB 
Longbow      30/60       3   Free*  Armor Piercing

Talents:
Rapid Reload

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013


Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn turns his attention to the rotting Umgi that fancies his shield. However, the damned dead thing's grasp messes up the Dwarf's balance, and the strike goes wide.

Ini: 1d10+2 6
attack zombie vs 68: 1d100 87


pre:
Name:  Jotun Heavy-Hand
Race: Dwarf
Career: Outlaw 

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Current   : | 58 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 23 | 52  | 32 | 21 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Current   : | 2  | 14 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Wounds: 14/14

Fate: 3/3

Armor: 1 Body AP Toughness Bonus: 4
Dodge: 23, Parry w/shield: 68

Weapons:
Hand Weapon: 1d10+3
Shield(bash):1d10+1Qualities: Defensive, -10BS to incoming ranged attacks
Bow Range: 1d10+3 Rld: Half

Skills:
Dodge blow
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move

Talents:
grudge born fury (+5 to WS when attacking orcs, goblins, hobo)
night vision (30 yard vision in natural, not total, darkness)
resistance to magic (+10 WP tests to resist magic)
stout-hearted (+10 on fear, terror and intimidate tests)
sturdy (No movement penalties in heavy armor, less encumbrance values)
Rover (+10 on conceal and silent move in rural locations)
strike to stun (Str v T to stun target)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


"Ahahaha! Tremble before the might of Bretonnia!" Henri is clearly enjoying himself a little too much as he wheels his mount and pulls back his lance for another thrust. He and his mount swing about with wild abandon into the rotting skeletons. Is this all the great duchy of horrors can muster?

swift attacking skeletons: 2#1d100 20 91
swift attacking skeletons: 2#1d10+6 12 7 (i only hit once i dunno why i rolled 2 damage)
horse attack: 1d100 26
horse damage: 1d10+5 11


pre:
Henri:                                                     Horse:
Primary     | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | IN | WP | FE |      Primary     | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | IN | WP | FE |
            | 53 | 29 | 41 | 30 | 30 | 32 | 36 | 37 |                  | 30 |  0 | 40 | 40 | 30 | 10 | 10 |  0 |
                                                           
Secondary   | A  | W  | SB | TB |  M | MG | IP | FP |      Secondary   | A  | W  | SB | TB |  M | MG | IP | FP |
            | 2  | 11 |  4 |  3 |  4 |  - |  0 |  2 |                  | 1  | 14 |  4 |  4 |  8 |  - |  - |  - |
AP 3                                                       AP 0 
11/11 Wounds                                                14/14 Wounds
2/2  FP                                                    
1 Parry @ 63, -10 to incoming BS if aware of attack        Perception +10 
1 Dodge @ 30 if a parry fails or if I already used it      Acute Hearing, Keen Senses
                                                           
CC Lance: 1d10+6   Fast, Impact, Tiring                    Awesome hoof attack: 1d10+5
CC Sword: 1d10+5

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


Emboldened by the ease with which the "leader" had gone down, as well as the utter inadequacy of the skeleton's attack, Skag goes into a frenzy, swinging his great hammer in huge arcs, though without effect, as his enthusiasm gets the better of him.

"AHAHAHA! Come on then you lot! This dawi's got no time for no no-account necromancer's spawn."

Swift attacking Skeleton + Zombie adjacent to me (vs 54): 57 66
clearly I need to have you roll my dice for me!

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 54 | 28 | 31 | 50 | 37 | 29  | 31 | 19  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  2  | 12/12 |  3  | 1/1  |

Armour: 1 (Leather Jerkin)
1 Dodge @ 37

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee   SB+1 
Great Weapon Melee   SB+1           Impact, Slow 
Dagger       Melee   SB-2 

Skills:
Dodge Blow

Talents:
Grudge-born Fury
Night Vision
Quick Draw
Resistance to Magic
Stout-hearted
Street Fighter
Strike Mighty Blow
Sturdy

LGD fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2017 around 04:42

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archibald Middlemoot

Crap. This was his first time using a sling in a long time, He hit something, but not with enough force to do anything but getting their attention.

Okay Archibald, you can do this. Take out the guy who you annoyed. He has a bow, and he might be warming up as well.

Reload, aim. Fire.

Crap.

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 26 | 37 | 24 | 20 | 41 | 39  | 34 | 32  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  1  | 10/10 |  3  | 2/2  |

Armour: None

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee   SB+1 
Dagger       Melee   SB-2 
Sling        16/32   3      Half

Skills:
Perception

Talents:
Night Vision,
Resistance to Chaos,
Specialist Weapon group (sling),

Aiming at the Skele archer - 49

Better, but Archiebald may be best off trying to talk them past death.....

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


Soiled Meat


Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn gets a good look at the zombie rear end in a top hat who was attacking. The Norse berserker takes a moment to get a good angle on his foe before he brings that big ole sword down on its head

Attacking a zombi: 1d100 38
Attacking zombie, impact still applies: 2#1d10+2 10 3


Half aim and then attacking the zombie so I actually hit. I realized that attacking a skeleton would lead to me taking an opportunity attack after I had rolled to hit, hopefully changing it to the zombie attacking me is fine?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



With the precision expected of the elves, Greyleaf draws his bow and looses an arrow that shatters the shoulder of the bow wielding skeleton. The undead creature stumbles, tripping and smashing its brittle skull onto a rock, its haunted limbs going still. Cat, meanwhile, turns away from the dwindling undead melee to the left of the road to aide her brothers in height, her arrow slicing through the zombie harassing Jotunn and burying itself in its spine; the zombie spasms and falls over, groaning and tossing its head. While it still lives, it's no longer a threat thanks to its arrow induced paralysis.

Jotunn, meanwhile, finds himself tugged forward by the dying zombie right as he swings for the skeleton clawing for his throat, and his axe goes wide. Henri's horse rears back and tramples the skeleton before, smashing the monster into the dirt and stamping its bones into dust. Skag finds himself stuck on the defensive, unable to bring his maul around properly to destroy the skeleton attacking him, and Archibald's attempt to help falls short, the stone digging a divot into the wet earth by the skeleton's feet. The Norscan, unimpressed by the final zombie's attempts to kill him, simply splits the unnatural beast's head open like an overripe melon.

Now that his shield is free, Jotunn is able to bring it to bear on the skeleton advancing on him, the sharpened bones merely scratching against the metal of his shield. Skag easily fends off the remaining two undead harassing him, keeping them at bay with his maul. They continue to circle him, unable to find a way past the weapon without suffering harm.





Only three zombies left. Henri and Gunnbjorn are in charging range if they want to go help the dwarves. I'm assuming these three are going to just die in overkill, but we had a few whiffs in the last round so who knows!

e: gently caress I uploaded the map and forgot to link it, this is what I get for updating right before bed




Zombie and Two Skeletons Attack vs 25: 3#1d100 30 61 48 3#1d10+3 13 8 7

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2017 around 04:14

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


The skeleton has hardly crumbled under the hooves of his mount before Henri is turning and spurring it onward again. "Once more, Happy! Vienne victorieux!"

Second verse, same as the first. Charge a random zombie:
henri and horse charging: 2#1d100 14 39
henri and horse damage: 1d10+6 8 1d10+5 10


pre:
Henri:                                                     Horse:
Primary     | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | IN | WP | FE |      Primary     | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | IN | WP | FE |
            | 53 | 29 | 41 | 30 | 30 | 32 | 36 | 37 |                  | 30 |  0 | 40 | 40 | 30 | 10 | 10 |  0 |
                                                           
Secondary   | A  | W  | SB | TB |  M | MG | IP | FP |      Secondary   | A  | W  | SB | TB |  M | MG | IP | FP |
            | 2  | 11 |  4 |  3 |  4 |  - |  0 |  2 |                  | 1  | 14 |  4 |  4 |  8 |  - |  - |  - |
AP 3                                                       AP 0 
11/11 Wounds                                               14/14 Wounds
2/2  FP                                                    
1 Parry @ 63, -10 to incoming BS if aware of attack        Perception +10 
1 Dodge @ 30 if a parry fails or if I already used it      Acute Hearing, Keen Senses
                                                           
CC Lance: 1d10+6   Fast, Impact, Tiring                    Awesome hoof attack: 1d10+5
CC Sword: 1d10+5

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat, deciding that the fight was quite well in hand, decided to try a few trick shots. Eyes closed, shooting arrows into other arrows to attack from unusual angles, the whole nine yards. It wasn't effective in the slightest, but she seemed very amused by it all.

No action to reload, so Aim -> Attack again!

Arrow to one of the skellies! (TN=76): 1d100 80
A fortune point reroll! (TN=76): 1d100 77

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 15 | 66 | 15 | 20 | 50 | 39  | 29 | 41  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  1  | 11/11 |  4  | 2/3  |

Armour: None

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee      SB 
Longbow      30/60       3   Free*  Armor Piercing

Talents:
Rapid Reload

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


Recovering from his off-balance attack, Skag rides the battle-high and momentum and sweeps his hammer towards the skeletons in a mighty backswing. A palpable hit!

Swift attacking Skeleton + Zombie adjacent to me (vs 54): 2#1d100 31 49
Damage!: 2#2d10k1+4 5 12

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 54 | 28 | 31 | 50 | 37 | 29  | 31 | 19  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  2  | 12/12 |  3  | 1/1  |

Armour: 1 (Leather Jerkin)
1 Dodge @ 37

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee   SB+1 
Great Weapon Melee   SB+1           Impact, Slow 
Dagger       Melee   SB-2 

Skills:
Dodge Blow

Talents:
Grudge-born Fury
Night Vision
Quick Draw
Resistance to Magic
Stout-hearted
Street Fighter
Strike Mighty Blow
Sturdy

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archibald Middlemoot

Dropping to one knee, Archibald grabs another stone and begins to swing the sling around his head. He lets out as primal a roar as he can and looses the stone.

Which actually hits the Zombie! Elated, and momentarily forgetting that his companions are mowing down the undead left and right, he screams at the top of his voice

"I am the halfling god of war!"

pre:
| WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
| 26 | 37 | 24 | 20 | 41 | 39  | 34 | 32  |

|  A  |    W  |  M  |  FP  |
|  1  | 10/10 |  3  | 2/2  |

Armour: None

Name         Range  Damage  Reload  Special
Hand Weapon  Melee   SB+1 
Dagger       Melee   SB-2 
Sling        16/32   3      Half

Skills:
Perception

Talents:
Night Vision,
Resistance to Chaos,
Specialist Weapon group (sling),

Aiming at the closest Zombie - 25!
damage - 1d10+3 = 7

A hit!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


Soiled Meat


Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn lines himself up for a mighty charge against the thoroughly screwed zombies.
"So far, Mooseland has been thoroughly disappointing"

The Norscan puncutates this by loving just destroying the zombie. Just Sigmar Christ he loving kills the poo poo out of it.


Overkilling a zombie, Charging: 1d100 42
Damage (Impact applies, I'm loving dumb): 1d10+3 13
Confirming Ulfric's Fury: 1d100 35
Ulfric's Fury Damage: 1d10+3 11
I'm not very smart, forgot I had taken advances at char gen. Rip me.

mcclay fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2017 around 20:46

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Henri once more spurs his horse into action, crossing the short distance between himself and his dwarven allies in the blink of an eye, his charger kicking up mud and water from the damp ground as it passes over the road. The zombie wheels at the noise, moments before it is impaled upon Henri's lance; the knight carries the walking corpse a short distance before it writhes free, falling directly under the trampling hooves of the horse and ending its unlife in three gory stomps.

Skag, free now to use his hammer as he wills thanks to the knight's charge, brings his weapon about in two mighty swings, the first staggering the skeleton before and the second pulverizing it straight into the dirt at his feet, scattering chunks of brittle and ancient bone all around him. The final skeleton continues to advance on Jotunn, its pitted blade held high above its head, until a rock the size of a human thumb smashes through the front of its skull, rattling around for a moment before falling out through the creature's jaw. It hisses, turning and loping towards Archibald, the unholy flame in its eye sockets guttering as it struggles to maintain the necromantic magic supporting it.

But luckily for the halfling lawyer, Gunnbjorn reaches the skeleton before it can reach the halfling, and using his momentum and momentous strength, the berserker cleaves clean through the bone from skull to groin, its eyes dying immediately upon the impact; the skeleton falls to the ground in pieces, the magic binding it together snuffed out by the Norscan's blow.

The rain continues to drizzle down on the group as they stand, watching the woods around them for signs of more attackers. After several minutes and no sign of action, the group relaxes, turning back to the trek before them; their destination has yet to be decided.




Henri: 8 damage to zombie
8 dmg - 3 TB - 1 AP = 4 damage
Horse: 10 damage to zombie (dead zombie)
10 - 4 = 6
Skag: 5 and 12 to skeleton (dead skeleton)
5 - 4 = 1
12 - 4 = 8
Archibald: 7 damage to skeleton
7 - 4 = 3 damage
Gunnbjorn: 21 damage to skeleton
yeah lol why math this out, dead skeleton

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


"Well that was bracing! I don't recall that garrison commander mentioning the walking dead being a concern down this way, and as long as his list of crimes was, I don't remember Guido being accused of practicing the black arts. I guess we'll just have to hope we can catch him before any nasty creepy-crawlies do. And that those villages we heard about are still there... could do with a warm fire after all this damp."

Skag bends over to prod the blade of the wight he killed with a stick.

"You lot reckon this thing is cursed? Might make me a good conversation piece."

LGD fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2017 around 02:11

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013


Jotunn Heavy-Hand

The skirmish ended, Jotunn spits on the ground, but keeps his weapon and shield raised as the fog beyond is scanned by the group. Joutunn, weapon still at the ready, starts to look at all of the dead zombies, especially their hands. "Guessing we wouldn't be so lucky for our target to have been killed by these beasts and being among their number, but worth a check." When it becomes clear that none of the re-dead is their target, Joutnn joins his fellow Dwarf over the dead Wights.

"Aye Dwai, I saw their swords glowing with some Rhuns. I wouldn't want to touch those without the input of a Rhunki." Jotunn kicks one of the Wights. "That said, you think that the armor is good? This leather doesn't feel as strong as good Dwarf Angaz."

Yeah, if their armor is scale and plate, I want to know how salvageable it is. Even rusty plate has to be better than a leather jerkin.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archibald Middlemoot

"Could they be old undead? Or do we have a necromancer around?" He looks at the remains. "I suppose the zombies mean at least some are freshly raised."

He takes a look at the armour and shudders "You'd be much braver than me putting that on!"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users


Greyleaf

"What are we? Scared of some little glowing magical symbols on an eldritch sword are we?" the Elf mockingly interjects.

"Let us just see how bloody dangerous these are?!" Greyleaf boasts and starts licking a wight's sword

Not the actual cutting blade, just like the flat.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat poked around the newly re-dead undead for a few moments, seeing if they had anything interesting or useful, then said, "Aye, right then. Iffen we have these boneheads hauntin' the roads, why don't we head for the nearer town? You know the one..." She snapped her fingers a few times as she tried to recall its horrible name, then settled on, "Crabapple!"

Going to check the skellies and zombies to see if any of the armor is worth salvaging and if any of the arrows are recoverable.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2017 around 20:26

LGD
Sep 25, 2004



Skag


Skag looks at Greyleaf with amusement.

"Well now- if you're the sort of Elf who puts rusty bits of metal a walking corpse has been dragging around a festering swamp in their mouth, I can see why the dangers of a little dark magic wouldn't concern you overmuch."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archibald Middlemoot

Archibald backs away from Greyleaf, and quietly ready's his sling. Just in case.

"Shall we continue on our way, once you are done looting the dead?"

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


Soiled Meat


Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn snorts as his allies gently caress around with the wight blade.
"Listen, as someone from Norsca, I can tell you with strong certanity that you probably do not want to be touching anything that has Fel runes on it. And by my Ancestors man, don't loving lick it!"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


After swinging down from his mount, Henri wanders over and idly kicks one of the larger skeletons' skulls. "Well, that was easier than I expected. Shall we be off, then? The sooner I get two drat villages of peasants over with, the better."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



In Greyleaf's hands, the wight's blade is completely inert; the elf licks nothing more than a pitted and ancient blade, which is still probably not the best idea in the world. Unfortunately, all of the armor is fitted for humans, and in absolutely horrendous condition, though one might expect this from equipment worn by the ancient dead.

Regardless of what is scavenged, the group follows the crossroads to the east, towards the village of Craecheur, which stands atop a low hill overlooking the swamp. The other village slowly disappears into the ever-present mist as the group climbs the winding road to the village.



The first building encountered is, amazingly, a relatively solid looking wooden building that sits far away from the center of the town, and is a stark contrast to the rest of the village. Craecheur's hovels stand together on the crown of the hill, almost looking as if they are huddled for safety, and from the road, the adventurers can see a handful of peasants sitting around the center of the village, keeping themselves busy with something that can't really be determined from where they stand. To the north there are a small group of pitiful looking fields that are currently being tended by other peasants, and to the south there is a scrawny belt of trees that seem to be sporting apples. Even at this distance, the whole town reeks of poverty and silent desperation, with a sharp tang of something else that no one can quite put their finger on yet.

Sitting outside the wooden building is a thin looking man with a bulbous nose who is quietly working on what appears to be a shoe made of bark and the entrails of some small animal. He wears a pair of similar shoes, which Henri marks as incredibly odd since peasants typically don't bother with footwear; the man shows no sign that he's noticed the group's arrival, and hums softly to himself as he works the gut through carefully punctured holes in the bark.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users



Greyleaf

Greyleaf saunters over to the craftsman, wondering why a man would use guts to tie up his shoes but the ways of the Men are beyond the comprehension of the civilized Elf.

"Salutations, Noble craftsman, I see that you are clearly the person to go to in this fine, quaint, community" he greets the person tying tree bark and entrails together. Not getting much of a reaction, he changes tactics.

"Hey, Im talkin' to you. Whos the boss of your group of poo poo-heels here?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat attempts to pat Greyleaf on the back in a subtle calm-the-gently caress-down gesture, but only succeeds in slapping his rump. She pipes up with a quick, "Lookin' like ye got some fine apples in this here village! You a shoemaker? A..." She snaps her fingers a few times. "Cobbler whatsit?"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archibald Middlemoot

Archibald actually face palms.

"What my esteemed, if rather rough speaking, colleges mean is we would like to speak to your mayor. We have been sent here on a mission of import and would be grateful for his help."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



The cobbler starts when spoken to, having been completely engrossed in his work, but looks up with an earnest enough smile. "Oh, aye, cobbler by trade, thank ye ma'am. Proud of it, at that. Me name's Flarc. I make shoes from what I can around these parts, which ain't much but it's somefin' that keeps us apart from the animals, ain't it?" It takes him a moment to realize not everyone assembled before him is human, and he coughs, shifting slightly; it's obvious he hasn't noticed the knight yet, as Henri notes he is still incredibly relaxed for a peasant in the presence of a knight.

"Our boss? Mayor? Erm.." He wiggles his nose in an incredibly dexterous and almost unnatural manner as he thinks. "Oh! You must want our elders, the frogwives, Ger and Floupe. I reckon they're going to be in the middle of the village, guttin' frogs and shellin' snails." Flarc leans forward, pointing up the road. "Can't miss 'em. Two of the oldest folks around these parts, save for Blug the Venerable over at our rival town. Sold him a pair of shoes once." The cobbler's friendly demeanor quickly sours at that, a frown forming on his face. "Worst decision I ever did make. If you're wanting help, don't mention you spoke to me. I'm.. not much liked around here."

As he's speaking, a man in the village raises his voice, though his words are unclear from here. Flarc rolls his eyes. "That'd be Marfe. Richest man in town. Bought a pair of rabbitskin shoes from me before the whole deal with Blug. Bit of a prick, if you ask me, but he's the only man with apples on the side of a bog without much for snails or frogs, so.." Flarc shrugs, sinking back into his chair.

"Let me know if I can do somethin' for you lot. Shoes, maybe?"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users



Greyleaf

"Well, thank you so much for time. We'll let you go back to your shoemaking" Greyelf grimaces, looking at the guts randomly spilling from between bits of bark.

"Frogwives then?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cat Hogberry-Patch

Cat shudders, "...D'ya think that they, uh, actually marry the frogs?" A brief pause, then she adds, "Nah, best not to think 'bout it. I don't think my heart could take it iffen they do."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013


Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn leaves the talking to the more sociable of the group while he stays back, keeping an eye on the rear in case more undead show up. AUpon hearing about Frogwives, Jotunn perks up a bit. "Aye, been awhile since I had me a good batch of frog legs!" After he receives the likely large number of strange looks from his comrades, he shrugs. "Look, frogs are common underground, one of the few good sources of protein, especially around underground springs!"

Jotunn drifts off, "Wonder if they have some ale so we could beer batter 'em and fry 'em."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Henri de Vienne


Finally fed up with being ignored by a peasant, Henri claps his hands loudly (you can't snap in gloves) and glares at the man. "Do you speak this way in the presence of every noble who passes through the hole in a swamp you call a village? Who is your lord, and which of his men patrols these lands? Be quick about it!"

eyyy feudalism

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2017 around 01:45

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Flarc stares blankly at Henri for a moment before leaning back in his chair, sniffing and scratching the inside of his nose. "I've been as far as the valley over yonder and I don't quite reckon we got much in the way of nobles or lords or what have yous around here in Mousillon, good sir. Be frank, don't get much in the way of nobility through here." He gives Henri the warmest smile a man can with so many missing teeth. "No disrespect intended. Though if you lot end up needing a cobbler on your journeys, well... I'm more than happy to pack up and leave town."

Regardless, the group follows the path up to the center of town, where it seems most of the town is gathering at the moment. A burly looking bald man with a long beard stands haughtily in the center of town, gesturing off to the southwest as he speaks very loudly. "We can't sit around doing nothing forever! Those uppity rich assholes over in Puantere have lorded that blasted pig over us for far too long, and by the Great Sow we ought to do something about it!" The overly loud man is obviously Marfe, the apple baron mentioned previously by Flarc; a quick glance down shows the shoes that Flarc was ever so proud of, a pair of open toed rabbit skin shoes that were apparently made from two whole rabbits that were simply cut open and the openings stitched together and reinforced somehow. Marfe's incredibly long and hairy toes poke out from the mouths of the two rabbits into the protective casing of snail shells.


Marfe, the apple 'baron'

"Lissen here, Marfe, we cain't risk it! We ain't any love fer that pig or fer the people of Puantere, but tryin' to steal their pig just ain't wise!" The woman speaking to Marfe is a horribly ancient looking crone who is, while she speaks, methodically jabbing a sharpened piece of wood into the stomach of a frog and disemboweling it in practiced and skillful strokes, dumping the guts onto the ground before her before tossing the frog into a bucket. Her giant ear turns of its own accord to face the balding apple baron, and the pie faced woman next to her sniffs in derision, dipping her insanely long middle finger into the shell of a snail and yanking the meat out with dexterous ease. "Floupe's right, ye know. The frog and snail harvest ain't been too bad, thanks to Eep."


Ger, with the long finger, and Floupe, with the giant ear

Marfe reddens at this, baring his teeth as he continues to be incredibly loud. "Swampiarein' is a man's work, Ger, and you drat well know it! That girl's gonna bring a curse down upon us, you hear me?! Ain't no women supposed to be huntin' frogs and snails, even if we are stealin' 'em from them damned Puantere idiots!" He huffs, folding his brawny arms across his chest. "And I don't care if they got guards on that pig night and day. They're simple folk and I don't reckon they know which end of the stick to poke us with, and they're cowards, all of 'em!"

Off to the side, peering from behind one of the hovels, is a short, stocky woman that could be mistaken for a dwarf if she weren't six inches too tall to be one. She has scraggly, shoulder length hair and a massive underbite, and she glances between the two frogwives and Marfe with anxious interest. As it stands, only a few of the peasants have marked the arrival of the group, and Floupe's ear has turned their way but she hasn't acknowledged them yet. Marfe, especially, seems to be off in his own angry little world.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your friendly croctopus overlord LP'er


Archibald Middlemoot

Archibald takes a best step forward. He hopes the physical deformities are just down to good old fashioned inbreeding!

Gentlemen. I am so sorry to intrude upon your conversation, but we are in need of assistance. We see the Frogwives, or anyone who can give us information on what has been happening in these parts.” He makes a small bow.

I can’t but overhear that you are having something of a dispute. I am an experienced litigator, and may well be able to help you broker an end to whatever it is that has you so riled up.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


Soiled Meat


Gunnbjorn Magnusson

Gunnbjorn sighs as he observes this lovely swamp French malarkey
"At times like this I wish I never had left home. We could've just butchered the village and have been done with it but noooo, we have to listen to these frogfuckers cry about pig's or some poo poo."

The Norscan takes up position behind Archibald and scowls at the peasants, hoping to add some weight to the halfman's words.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«11 »