Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on Comedy Internet Forums Something Awful Dot Com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So many great names on that initial list. Boring Installation, Metal Career, Nice Colony, and Dirty Miner are fantastic names for bored operators to name their rigs. Xenomorph Group is what some ore hauler named his tug in the hopes that it'll make pirates reconsider him. Dirty Money and Money Hazard are some rear end in a top hat executive's sick rides. Redhead is just great in general.

Red Minjo posted:

Account Misuse Finder is an amazing name for a spaceship with guns attached to it holy poo poo. Gonna gently caress up everyone who used the company card for personal expenses.

Violent Space Accountants, the adventures of Account Misuse Finder, Industrial Claims, and Credit Demolition aboard their starship The Unlimited Economics. It's the Anime we all deserve. (Number 9 on the 237 list is The Credit Caps! One letter off or we'd have a group name!)

A Salty Miner JY and Ludicrous Misuse 0 are loving killing me.

Fresh-Captain is super on the nose, holy poo poo.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 4, 2017

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Hate to double post, but went through about half of the thousand list, these are really great:

Needless Candidate
Needless Planner
The Rock Dig
An Economic Trip
Dusty Dump
Propects Hole
Stable Hole
Large Barge B7
Poor Solution - The passive aggression in some of these is really great.
B744 Ice Technician
Account Excavator - Another one for the Space Accountants
Poor-Roadheader - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It's line 283 if you don't fuckin' beleive me
Exhausted Excavator
The Detonation Society
J-E Misuses Money - The natural enemy of the Space Accountants.

There are more in the rest of the list, but I'll let someone else have a go.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Elentor posted:

I have some pretty crazy ideas re: weapons but I don't think they'll be very intrusive. Hopefully. Otherwise I agree, if I make something like a missile that curves upwards I'll keep in mind not to make something that is needlessly blocking the view.

This may sound stupid, but maybe have them arc down instead of up, so that the the curve is away from the player, they get smaller (which has the twin benefits of being less obtrusive and harder to see), and puts them below the other projectiles, meaning they are effectively blocking it instead.

That said I have no opinion on what direction you should take this in, I'm just patiently waiting to throw money at this.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I need to learn more about this ~600 year-old immortal who has suddenly realised that there is something fundamentally wrong with his universe. Ideally a series of 50,000 or more (please more) word novels set in this universe.

I can *just* imagine that moment of looking up from an image of Earth's infinite starfield of a night sky to your own, and just quaking beneath its terrifying finity.

On the whole "we don't know where the colony ship is" thing, did you ever play Freelancer? In-game lore says one of the original colony ships went missing, but it is in the game. Found it by accident once running from some pirates into a nebula. Thing was massive. Not sure why I brought this up but your post reminded me of it.