Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
In college, one of my professors once related the most horrifying bug I've ever considered the prospect of having to be the one to debug. It was in a dogfighting game, where they discovered that if you flew directly at a plane that was flying towards you, the AI would just launch the enemy plane straight down and crash into the ground immediately.

The twist? It only happened with certain video cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
No clue, he didn't say what game it was. The class would've been somewhere around 2008, so before then.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
I love these deep dives into graphical techniques. This is a great thread.