Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sir John Feelgood posted:

When I was fifteen I was absent from school a lot, and in one of the science classes the teacher was like "Where's John?" and somebody (I heard) shouted "He's probably playing World of Warcraft!" This teacher emails my guidance counselor going, "Hey, you might want to talk to this kid, I used to be into these types of games, they're bad news, highly addictive." So my guidance counselor brings me in, and he's like a young ex-athlete who all the girls have a crush on, and he goes to me "Are you playing this game?" I say yes. He says how many hours. I hesitate. The real answer is ten, but I don't want him to freak out, so I say: three. He stares at me blankly and then starts blinking and clutching his head and freaking out, and to this day I wonder what it would've done to him if I'd said ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what the gently caress is this dude

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This only ever happened when I was a kid & only 2 specific sources: Tetris - I would see the blocks when I tried to sleep, & flag football with the retarded kid on the street. We did a thing where you have to count to 5 star before tackling the QB, (1 star 2 star 3 star etc) and the nice retarded boy would get all loving pumped up as he got higher in the numbers and say FIIIIVE STAAAAHHR as he stumbled towards the QB. Anyway sometimes I would hear his voice saying five star in my head right before falling asleep and then laugh my rear end off about it for like 5 mins straight in the dark.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
For a while after playing Shovel Knight on 3DS I would constantly see spatial 2D planes when looking at screens like a computer screen or my phone. The text layer would appear to be raised higher and standing out from the background layer below it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its actually ridiculous this story isnt even shocking but one of my friends had a roommate that got so addicted to world of warcraft that i thought he had moved out at one point but he actually had started never leaving his room unless no one else was home. when my friend eventually went into his room to kick him out for not paying rent the room was full of bottles of pee

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

When I'm riding in car and look out a side window I see Mario jumping on all the fence posts and etc. Some times it is Luigi instead.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

its actually ridiculous this story isnt even shocking but one of my friends had a roommate that got so addicted to world of warcraft that i thought he had moved out at one point but he actually had started never leaving his room unless no one else was home. when my friend eventually went into his room to kick him out for not paying rent the room was full of bottles of pee

classic

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

Powerful

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fiend Matador posted:

When I'm riding in car and look out a side window I see Mario jumping on all the fence posts and etc. Some times it is Luigi instead.

for me its sonic running alongside the car

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
I think 'finishing' Final Fantasy X: International Edition is responsible for giving me O.C.D. Specifically, it gave me an irrepressible urge to tell everyone who thinks it's good how incredibly badly designed the gameplay is, how it rewards the player for tedious busywork rather than for doing fun things, etc

Same with Morrowind actually.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When I was in middle school I got my first (of 3) copy of Morrowind for the Xbox. There was some kind of issue with memory leak or something on that version that could corrupt saves and one of the suggested ways of preventing it was to make sure to close every door behind you--something about how being closed was a door's natural state in the game so it took extra memory to remember each open door, or something? It's been over a decade and I don't really know much about all that stuff now. I can't seem to find any references to it online now so maybe it was just some BS one-off post on gamefaqs or whatever.

Anyway I played the game so much I ended up developing like an OCD Rain Man obsession with closing doors behind me irl and would get really agitated if I walked through a door and couldn't immediately close it afterward.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

When I was in middle school I got my first (of 3) copy of Morrowind for the Xbox. There was some kind of issue with memory leak or something on that version that could corrupt saves and one of the suggested ways of preventing it was to make sure to close every door behind you--something about how being closed was a door's natural state in the game so it took extra memory to remember each open door, or something? It's been over a decade and I don't really know much about all that stuff now. I can't seem to find any references to it online now so maybe it was just some BS one-off post on gamefaqs or whatever.

Anyway I played the game so much I ended up developing like an OCD Rain Man obsession with closing doors behind me irl and would get really agitated if I walked through a door and couldn't immediately close it afterward.

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The extremely calm decade long freakout.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
too mcuh tetris would make me see shapes for hours in my head

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This only ever happened when I was a kid & only 2 specific sources: Tetris - I would see the blocks when I tried to sleep

this

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Minecraft. I like building Brown bricks. It's the most fun you could possibly have. - been saying this phrase in my head daily for months now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao at this thread

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Liquid Drink posted:

Minecraft. I like building Brown bricks. It's the most fun you could possibly have. - been saying this phrase in my head daily for months now.

Thank you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sometimes I have dreams where the perspective will switch into isometric and everyone talks in text boxes like Baldur's Gate

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/915084-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-game-of-the-year/43220296

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Sir John Feelgood posted:

When I was fifteen I was absent from school a lot, and in one of the science classes the teacher was like "Where's John?" and somebody (I heard) shouted "He's probably playing World of Warcraft!" This teacher emails my guidance counselor going, "Hey, you might want to talk to this kid, I used to be into these types of games, they're bad news, highly addictive." So my guidance counselor brings me in, and he's like a young ex-athlete who all the girls have a crush on, and he goes to me "Are you playing this game?" I say yes. He says how many hours. I hesitate. The real answer is ten, but I don't want him to freak out, so I say: three. He stares at me blankly and then starts blinking and clutching his head and freaking out, and to this day I wonder what it would've done to him if I'd said ten.

lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I pray to God that MatthewDaMan steps into this piece

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Drink posted:

I've been saying oh madon to myself off and on whenever something goes wrong thanks for the brain aids

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

frank.club posted:

I've been saying oh madon to myself off and on whenever something goes wrong thanks for the brain aids

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Played Friday the 13th and say "get Tom on the phone" like Kendrick Lamar

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I've been hooked on this game lately - Hollow Knight. It started with my obsession with the sound in the game, taking little bits and pieces and constructing beats out of them. Good poo poo, to be certain. But once I got into the gameplay, the plot, and the - oh my god - the art style, I realized that this was the best game of all time, like Super Metroid + Castlevania on over 9000 steroids. Anyway, once soundcloud started going down, and I found out all my hours of labor in Ableton making sick HK beats were for naught, I started seeing the world in a psychotic way.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller posted:

I've been hooked on this game lately - Hollow Knight. It started with my obsession with the sound in the game, taking little bits and pieces and constructing beats out of them. Good poo poo, to be certain. But once I got into the gameplay, the plot, and the - oh my god - the art style, I realized that this was the best game of all time, like Super Metroid + Castlevania on over 9000 steroids. Anyway, once soundcloud started going down, and I found out all my hours of labor in Ableton making sick HK beats were for naught, I started seeing the world in a psychotic way.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ol yeller posted:

Ref gotten

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I played through the FFX HD collection I wanted to get a lot of the fully upgraded ultimate weapons so I printed out a big list of every enemy in the game and then started going through the process of catching 10 of each and without even realizing it I did this for 10+ hours straight because I saw the sun rise.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ol yeller posted:

Lol

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

When my Overwatch addiction was its peak I had a bad habit of muttering character voice lines under my breath because they were so mentally ingrained

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

When my Overwatch addiction was its peak I had a bad habit of muttering character voice lines under my breath because they were so mentally ingrained

I do this with Puyo Puyo Tetris because you hear them every 4 seconds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sine! COsine! Tangent! Sine! Sine! I can see it. It's coming! I Can . I can See it. Jonahton! Charlotte! Jonathon! CHarlotte! Jonathon! Charlotte!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Sine! COsine! Tangent! Sine! Sine! I can see it. It's coming! I Can . I can See it. Jonahton! Charlotte! Jonathon! CHarlotte! Jonathon! Charlotte!

Zetta Slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Zetta Slow

The world is garbage