Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This may have been posted before, but this really should have been the intro for Rumble for Ragnarok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zivl632phI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
S3E12 Let's Get Dangerous spoiler.

I had no idea the Fluppy Dogs existed, and it's a shockingly appropriate cameo. Can't place the Owl and Squirrel, though. The Old Mill?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Let's Get Dangerous rules.

I had to pause to laugh at the Bonkers cameo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Darkwing special was great. It was really fun to see one of my like cornerstone childhood favorites in action again, but also like. It just nailed the balance of superhero adventure stuff and wacky comedy bits.

And it also managed to advance the season's overall story in a big way which was rad.

Looking forward to seeing more of Darkwing and Gosalyn in the future.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice episode, I like the new Gosalyn and look forward to seeing more of her. Kind of curious on when they’re going to revisit the Negaduck plot they set up at the end of Darkwing’s first appearance though.

Also did all/any of the Darkwing villains in this episode retain their original voice actors?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 19, 2020

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Larryb posted:

Also did all/any of the Darkwing villains in this episode retain their original voice actors?

Megavolt and Liquidator were both played by Keith Ferguson in this episode, but in the original show were played by Dan Castellaneta and Jack Angel, respectively. Michael Bell reprised his role as Quackerjack.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

kefkafloyd posted:

Let's Get Dangerous rules.

I had to pause to laugh at the Bonkers cameo.

It's a good cameo.

One thing I do feel was just a touch off was mention of DW's lack of sleep from trying to find Waddlemeyer even though he wasn't mentioned before Gosalyn showed up. It seemed a little off in the writing.

Also, I pity Bradford, everyone around him wants to be a Supervillain or do an adventure. He just wants a boring reality.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Bradford Buzzard is a Gestahl in a world of Kefkas.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Bleck posted:

Megavolt and Liquidator were both played by Keith Ferguson in this episode, but in the original show were played by Dan Castellaneta and Jack Angel, respectively. Michael Bell reprised his role as Quackerjack.

Huh, not sure if he’s doing anything besides The Simpsons these days but I was hoping they could get Dan back at least, the replacement was good enough though. Not sure why Bushroot didn’t have a voice however.

Also I really want Gosalyn to meet Webby and her group now.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 19, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Huh, not sure if he’s doing anything besides The Simpsons these days but I was hoping they could get Dan back at least, the replacement was good enough though. Not sure why Bushroot didn’t have a voice however.

Also I really want Gosalyn to meet Webby and her group now.

I think it's because his original VA died and was one of those voices that's kinda impossible to replicate, probably why he's all grey and withered here when the other three were rather faithful to the original designs, they essentially had him as a zombie

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Nice episode, I like the new Gosalyn and look forward to seeing more of her. Kind of curious on when they’re going to revisit the Negaduck plot they set up at the end of Darkwing’s first appearance though.

Hopefully next year in an actual Darkwing Duck series. This was a drat good back door pilot. It hope it pays off with a new DD show getting greenlit.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
New Darkwing special was rad as all hell. My only complaint: I kinda wish they hadn't included a shot of the original Darkwing Supervillains being sucked back into the Ram Rod portal near the end. Given that this was basically a backdoor pilot for a DW reboot it would have made more sense to leave the Fearsome Four stuck in the "real world" so they could be brought in for future plots. I was honestly expecting there to be a scene at the episode's end where the four Darkwing villains meet up with Negaduck and we get some foreshadowing of the Fearsome Five becoming a thing in the reboot.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The fine folks at my favorite cartoon site need to get their asses in gear. <:mad:>

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

KingKalamari posted:

New Darkwing special was rad as all hell. My only complaint: I kinda wish they hadn't included a shot of the original Darkwing Supervillains being sucked back into the Ram Rod portal near the end. Given that this was basically a backdoor pilot for a DW reboot it would have made more sense to leave the Fearsome Four stuck in the "real world" so they could be brought in for future plots. I was honestly expecting there to be a scene at the episode's end where the four Darkwing villains meet up with Negaduck and we get some foreshadowing of the Fearsome Five becoming a thing in the reboot.

I dunno, I mean Darkwing's creator noted that having Negaduck be part of the Fearsome Five was a mistake in retrospect, so I assume they wouldn't repeat it with a new series

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
”What does quackarooni even mean!?” Nearly killed me. Legit mad we didn’t get a couple seconds of the original voice cast but otherwise it was an A+ backdoor pilot. God drat this show is great.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

KingKalamari posted:

New series, new villains. Some possibly inspired by the ones from the other dimension. Like, even if Quackerjack's gone, do you think he wouldn't have left tons of his toys everywhere for a new and enterprising villain to take up or a scientist takes a Bushroot trimming and grows a new one. Paddywhack may not be bound by dimensions. And then there's also various villains introduced in the comics and the like that could be used.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The delay between this becoming available wherever you people are watching it and amazon where I bought the season is really frustrating.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ikanreed posted:

The delay between this becoming available wherever you people are watching it and amazon where I bought the season is really frustrating.

Fellow Amazoners. The episode played on Disney XD today.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ikanreed posted:

I deeply resent how long it takes Amazon to release new episodes. Not just with Ducktales, they're slow with everything.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/1318208119474855936
I guess they want people to watch this one.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Disney... Disney plz :negative:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Fluppy Dogs was not worth watching. Neither good nor bad enough to be entertaining. No wonder it only got a holiday special and didn't manage a series.

I don't think I saw Taurus Bulba captured; did he escape? He definitely wasn't sucked into the rift.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Now they need to introduce Drake's cousin Maui who's a hard-boiled detective.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Soooooooo they released more episode summaries of Ducktales, and Matilda McDuck is going to be played by fuckin Michelle Gomez and we get an episode where Storkules tries to crash Donald and Daisy's date.

Heck yes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

While I think they got a little too cute with the Darkwing Duck was a TV show stuff and wish they'd rebooted it instead of getting so meta about it, I still had a lot of fun with this episode.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also the single best line in this episode:

Well, technically Bushroot isn't a villain per se...

Everyhing about that line was perfect.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

readingatwork posted:

Legit mad we didn’t get a couple seconds of the original voice cast

Yeah, about that...

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Argue posted:

Yeah, about that...
Care to ellaborate?

Is this about Jim Cummings being a creepy gently caress?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Care to ellaborate?

its about the original voice actors for scrooge and the triplets being dead

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Care to ellaborate?

No, I thought they were talking about the original Ducktales voice cast. Alan Young (Scrooge) and Russi Taylor (nephews) are both dead.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ah. Gotchya'.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Likewise Christine Cavanaugh who played Gosalyn.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure why they couldn’t get Dan Castellaneta back as Megavolt but yeah, so far the only returning actors for the DW side of the cast are Michael Bell as Quackerjack and (whenever they decide to actually bring him back) Jim Cummings as Negaduck.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Care to ellaborate?

Wasn't this disproven as his ex-wife said it during their custody / bitter divorce battle and tried to discredit him and the judge threw it out as "lol stop trying to defame him because you're mad"?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Wasn't this disproven as his ex-wife said it during their custody / bitter divorce battle and tried to discredit him and the judge threw it out as "lol stop trying to defame him because you're mad"?

That could just as easily be a lovely judge as anything.

I really like him cummings, and I hope it's false, but that's not really clarifying information

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Argue posted:

No, I thought they were talking about the original Ducktales voice cast. Alan Young (Scrooge) and Russi Taylor (nephews) are both dead.

:(

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Larryb posted:

Not sure why they couldn’t get Dan Castellaneta back as Megavolt but yeah, so far the only returning actors for the DW side of the cast are Michael Bell as Quackerjack and (whenever they decide to actually bring him back) Jim Cummings as Negaduck.

I think at this point Castellaneta is super expensive to hire: He's pretty much set for the rest of his life on Simpsons money, so to get him to take on another project you're either going to have to really grease the ol' wheels or the production has to have a bunch of people he likes working with.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Looks like they're very proud of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dw44RV4-tY

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They should've thrown a line about how weird their voices were in the other dimension (and I'm sure it was proposed). Or maybe about their "Unka' Donald"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Senerio posted:

Looks like they're very proud of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dw44RV4-tY

They might be using the youtube video as a feeler for how big their DW show audience might be.