Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My heart aches knowing it’s gonna be like two years until the Three Caballeros episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

feedmyleg posted:

Brb gonna go watch Tales of the Gold Monkey again.

Where's the movie reboot of Crimson Skies, Hollywood? :colbert:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ruflux posted:

I sincerely hope they don't undercut their own storytelling by pulling something like this. They've been working hard to establish Della as Scrooge's favorite, but also built her up in the comics to make her flaws more interesting. If they then pull a "actually she didn't do anything wrong" card it'll feel incredibly weak and basically entirely negate her character flaws. It'd also undercut Scrooge's arc - he's been built up as being stubborn yet having a lot of guilt over Della, while still not wanting to face the fact that Donald was right and he should've never built the drat rocket in the first place. If it turns out Della had some really deep purpose for taking the rocket before it was ready, then it'll just mean Scrooge was absolutely justified in the end, and his apparent favoritism of Della had absolutely no negative effect.

Even if they don't do this, they're already kind of under-cutting Scrooge a bit since they've already made it clear that he personally didn't do anything wrong with Della. Yea, he built her a spaceship in private but how the gently caress was he to know that she was going to steal it shortly before her kids were about to be hatched? Building someone the thing of their dreams is still a nice gesture and it's not like she was only a mother or would always be tending babies and only defined by that the rest of her life or anything. The triplets accuse him of not trying to bring her back or find her, but his flashbacks make it clear that he nearly drove himself to destitution despite his wealth trying to find her using a private space program and had to be forced in to abandoning the project and that communication was lost so he couldn't try and talk her back even if she was open to it (which there's no reason to assume she would be). Yea, Scrooge is being stubborn and stoic about his feelings instead of explaining them and that's clearly a fault but the ending clears him of any real culpability in Della's disappearance and almost paints the kids as kind of poo poo for accusing him of setting up and then abandoning their mother.

Some Numbers posted:

They've mentioned Cape Suzette and literally had Don Karnage on screen. They also brought back Darkwing Duck.

It's totally possible that they'll be rebooting Tale Spin.

Haven't they also mentioned they have more plans for Darkwing Duck?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

tsob posted:

Even if they don't do this, they're already kind of under-cutting Scrooge a bit since they've already made it clear that he personally didn't do anything wrong with Della. Yea, he built her a spaceship in private but how the gently caress was he to know that she was going to steal it shortly before her kids were about to be hatched? Building someone the thing of their dreams is still a nice gesture and it's not like she was only a mother or would always be tending babies and only defined by that the rest of her life or anything. The triplets accuse him of not trying to bring her back or find her, but his flashbacks make it clear that he nearly drove himself to destitution despite his wealth trying to find her using a private space program and had to be forced in to abandoning the project and that communication was lost so he couldn't try and talk her back even if she was open to it (which there's no reason to assume she would be). Yea, Scrooge is being stubborn and stoic about his feelings instead of explaining them and that's clearly a fault but the ending clears him of any real culpability in Della's disappearance and almost paints the kids as kind of poo poo for accusing him of setting up and then abandoning their mother.

still no excuse for what he said to Webby

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

still no excuse for what he said to Webby

Oh, I agree; though since that's mentioned, I don't like that her expression is already set when the camera focuses on her and doesn't change in reaction to what he says but is already upset looking. I'd have preferred a more dynamic expression, since that was probably the biggest crossed line moment in the episode and clearly showed Scrooge being a stubborn old git letting his anger and guilt control him and reacting almost childishly to what the kids were saying. Which wouldn't be such an issue if there weren't moments like Scrooge's face twisting through several emotions right at the end. Scrooge is definitely in the wrong about how he reacts to the kids finding out about Della; I just don't see how he's actually in the wrong about anything to do with Della's disappearance itself.

tsob fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 15, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

tsob posted:

Oh, I agree; though since that's mentioned, I don't like that her expression is already set when the camera focuses on her and doesn't change in reaction to what he says but is already upset looking. I'd have preferred a more dynamic expression, since that was probably the biggest crossed line moment in the episode and clearly showed him being a stubborn shitheel letting his anger and guilt control him. Which wouldn't be such an issue if there weren't moments like Scrooge's face twisting through several emotions right at the end. Scrooge is definitely in the wrong about how he reacts to the kids finding out about Della; I just don't see how he's wrong in Della's disappearance itself.

Oh, yup. It's a classic family dynamic : Scrooge isn't actually at fault but the family sees it as his responsibility anyway; he can't apologize or explain because he can't admit failure; everyone's reacting emotionally in the moment rather than thinking. SO MANY FEELS

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

tsob posted:

Scrooge also talked Della through the mission instead of aborting it immediately. He thought he could keep her safe, but he was wrong. His big lesson in the episode is that he thought the same thing about the triplets, and he was still wrong. The family blamed him for more than his fair share of fault, but he was still partly at fault.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Scrooge also talked Della through the mission instead of aborting it immediately.

The way Scrooge talks about Della, there wasn't a hope she was going to come back regardless of what he said so what exactly was he supposed to do? Just walk away and let her fly it on her own? You say he should have aborted the mission, but it's not like there's going to be some button he can press that'll over-ride her control of the Spear and then turn it around and fly it back against her wishes.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

tsob posted:

The way Scrooge talks about Della, there wasn't a hope she was going to come back regardless of what he said so what exactly was he supposed to do? Just walk away and let her fly it on her own? You say he should have aborted the mission, but it's not like there's going to be some button he can press that'll over-ride her control of the Spear and then turn it around and fly it back against her wishes.

Why wouldn't there be? Actual space programs have those buttons in case something happens to the astronauts.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Why wouldn't there be? Actual space programs have those buttons in case something happens to the astronauts.

Possibly because it was still unfinished, or maybe Della hotwired it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

They have a single button any idiot can press that will override manual control of the shuttle and fly it back on auto-pilot; which the astronauts have no way of affecting themselves? Or are you suggesting that Scrooge was as well versed in controlling a space shuttle and flight as Della despite her being the pilot of the team and that Scrooge could fly a shuttle back against her wishes and that there would be nothing she could do to stop it or override his override?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

tsob posted:

They have a single button any idiot can press that will override manual control of the shuttle and fly it back on auto-pilot; which the astronauts have no way of affecting themselves? Or are you suggesting that Scrooge was as well versed in controlling a space shuttle and flight as Della despite her being the pilot of the team and that Scrooge could fly a shuttle back against her wishes and that there would be nothing she could do to stop it or override his override?

I think we're overthinking things at this point. We have it from Scrooge himself that he thought Della could complete the mission and he made no effort to talk her down or fiddle with any ground controls to bring her back. It was only when he lost contact that he realized Della might not be able to pull this off after all, and all his efforts to fix his mistake failed. Scrooge enabled Della to risk her life and he made no effort to stop her until it was too late. That's his share of the blame in this case.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I think we're overthinking things at this point. We have it from Scrooge himself that he thought Della could complete the mission and he made no effort to talk her down or fiddle with any ground controls to bring her back. It was only when he lost contact that he realized Della might not be able to pull this off after all, and all his efforts to fix his mistake failed. Scrooge enabled Della to risk her life and he made no effort to stop her until it was too late. That's his share of the blame in this case.

I get that the show wants to present his actions around Della as an analogue to how he treats the triplets/Webby, but at the same time Scrooge himself says that she is (or possibly was) a risk taker and presents her as head strong and unlikely to listen to anyone else so the implication he was the one responsible for her death/disappearance simply because he talked her through the mission just seems an extension of his own guilt and not any kind of real effect because the way the show builds up Della doesn't present her as someone who'd ever have turned back regardless. The show's actual depiction is at odds with it's intention I suppose, at least to me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Realized I crossed my cartoon threads...

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Where's the movie reboot of Crimson Skies, Hollywood? :colbert:

Any chance of that died when Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow failed big time.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Oh, I was googling a bit and realized Fantagraphics is issuing a hardback reprint of "The Complete Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" early next year, and it's available now for preorder:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1683961749/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was apparently used as the "continuity bible" for the current show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Aw man, I just ordered Lost in the Andes. Well, I also just got paid. Looks like I'm getting more presents from myself in the future!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Any chance of that died when Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow failed big time.

Um have you read the Sky Captain novelization because I think you'll find that

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
This is a good show

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ikanreed posted:

This is a good show

:same:

I actually have like 5 episodes I still need to watch. But this show was everything I was hoping for and more. Outside of Donald being sidelined.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

Oh, I agree; though since that's mentioned, I don't like that her expression is already set when the camera focuses on her and doesn't change in reaction to what he says but is already upset looking. I'd have preferred a more dynamic expression, since that was probably the biggest crossed line moment in the episode and clearly showed Scrooge being a stubborn old git letting his anger and guilt control him and reacting almost childishly to what the kids were saying. Which wouldn't be such an issue if there weren't moments like Scrooge's face twisting through several emotions right at the end. Scrooge is definitely in the wrong about how he reacts to the kids finding out about Della; I just don't see how he's actually in the wrong about anything to do with Della's disappearance itself.

The gist of the sentence is implied by, "this is a family matter" and I think they were correct to not cut into the preceding shot for a reaction.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I watched the Pilot again, and one of the first things Donald says to Scrooge is utterly heartbreaking after the latest episode:

"Mrs. B. said that you would watch the boys! Can you do that without losing them?!"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Senerio posted:

I watched the Pilot again, and one of the first things Donald says to Scrooge is utterly heartbreaking after the latest episode:

"Mrs. B. said that you would watch the boys! Can you do that without losing them?!"

I thought he said "without using them." That's way way worse.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

I thought he said "without using them." That's way way worse.

Same.

Also, with captions on I could make out the last word of, "no tricks, no, lies, no trouble." Seems like a cruel thing to say to Scrooge in retrospect.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well, I mean, Scrooge is responsible for essentially leaving him without a sister and the responsibility of caring for her kids, when he is barely capable of being an adult as is. There might be some resentment there.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
When will they go to Unsteadystan?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Also, I rewatched the first part of the pilot and Mrs. Beakly said Scrooge avoided his family for 10 years.

So the triplets are 10.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh update on the finale name:

The two parts are collectively The Shadow War, but the first part is The Night of De Spell, and the second part is The Day of the Duck according to Google.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
This show seems to be written by people who revere the idea of adventure, but have absolutely no idea how to write or structure one. An adventure is that which is unexpected and undesired, and must be undergone to reach some goal. The show on the other hand features ducks who talk about adventures, how they want to go on adventures, how much their lives involve adventure, what great adventures have happened in the past, and what kind of adventure they’re having right now – and consequently never experience a real adventure, because that would imply a departure from normality.

The episode where they go to Atlantis makes for a great example because it can be directly compared with a story by Carl Barks, The Secret of Atlantis. This particular story also has the advantage in that it’s an ideal illustration of the relationship between the normal and the abnormal in Duckburg. The first half of the story sets up why the ducks go to Atlantis, but has nothing to do with Atlantis, and is instead set squarely in reality.

It’s a cartoon reality of talking animals, pie fights, and giant money bins, admittedly, but is also completely mundane in a way. It revolves around coin collecting, which one of the most banal things imaginable, and opens with a scene of accounting, which probably is the most banal thing imaginable. The story escalates through cartoon logic – Scrooge McDuck dumping all 1916 quarter coins into the sea save for one to artificially create a collector’s item – and enters the realm of comic fantasy when it gets into Atlantis.

There’s a lot of things you can say about the Atlantis sequence, because despite being very silly, there are nuances to it. You can note the satirical dimension in how even at the bottom of the sea you can’t escape American mass culture. And you can note that Barks valorised exploration, but was evidently aware of the human costs of all those great discoveries, which is why there’s a note of seriousness that underlines a light-hearted story.

Or you might notice that this is one of those times when homo sapiens slip into a Duck comic, since Atlanteans were unambiguously humans before evolving gills, and not those weird dog-people that usually populate the place.

But what’s important for our purpose is that it’s as story about discovery that has its webbed feet planted firmly in its strange version of reality, best illustrated when Donald Duck is amazed by the sights of Atlantis while Scrooge couldn’t care less because he’s after his 1916 quarters.

The idea that Atlantis and mermen exist is enough to drive the sequence, and there’s minimal complications to this. Barks spends time explaining the origin of Atlantis and its inhabitants because those things are interesting on their own. There’s also a good moral, as the ducks’ escape hinges on Huey, Dewey, and Louie wanting to learn about history and culture, unlike the opportunistic adults.

And there’s weight to the ducks escaping. First because in this comic actions can have momentous consequences, like a fantastical civilization collapsing because of colonialism. Secondly, because they’re escaping into normality – a world where people live in an everyday society, where they have jobs and fiscal responsibilities, where children go to school and spend time as Boy Scouts. That probably doesn’t sound impressive, at least if you haven’t seen Jeff Smith use it as the foundations of a whole fantasy epic.

It’s the kind of reality that Ducktales (2017) seems to abhor and does it best to escape. The fact that monstrous mer-ducks exist is just a sight gag, when it seems like something Barks would have spent a whole story on. The show’s reality is so over-the-top that contrast between the everyday and the adventurous becomes impossible. One might make the argument that the show is trying to be faithful to the old cartoon rather than the comics, but from what little I recall, the original Ducktales didn’t have this problem either. It had a more conventional sense of “reality” and adventure, more in line with the comics. It’s simply strange to see the creators pay homage to Barks but also be hell-bent on not learning anything from him.

And by God, what have they done to Don Rosa's work :barf: :barf: :barf:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

What the hell just happened

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Some Numbers posted:

I don't know. Someone with a odd view of the word "adventure" going on a rant about how this show does not match it or something.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

This show seems to be written by people who revere the idea of adventure, but have absolutely no idea how to write or structure one. An adventure is that which is unexpected and undesired, and must be undergone to reach some goal. The show on the other hand features ducks who talk about adventures, how they want to go on adventures, how much their lives involve adventure, what great adventures have happened in the past, and what kind of adventure they’re having right now – and consequently never experience a real adventure, because that would imply a departure from normality.

Uhh no

This is the defintion of adventure "an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity." It does not have to be unexpected or undesired. Or else adventurer would not also be a term. Nor does it have to be in search of a goal. (However in Ducktales it generally is. As Scrooge is normally after treasure.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 17, 2018

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Thats Bravest of the Lamps. Dont talk to them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Gas leak. Update your ignore list.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This is what happened:

quote:

Type Date Horrible Jerk Punishment Reason Requested By Approved By
PROBATION 07/17/18 04:36am BravestOfTheLamps Quoting a self confessed sex offender while trolling. User loses posting privileges for 1 month. Jose R. Guyovich
PROBATION 07/16/18 06:28am BravestOfTheLamps Go away. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Jose Jose
PROBATION 06/04/18 03:32pm BravestOfTheLamps The thread is not about you, nor is it about your well-known love for Patrick Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicles. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Hieronymous Alloy FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 05/27/18 08:26pm BravestOfTheLamps You are a pedant. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. GonSmithe R. Guyovich
PROBATION 05/27/18 10:56am BravestOfTheLamps User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 05/22/18 01:48pm BravestOfTheLamps This kind of post makes it clear you are a miserable contrarian who feels no joy. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. GonSmithe FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 05/22/18 11:49am BravestOfTheLamps God forbid someone like something because it's funny. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 04/21/18 04:42pm BravestOfTheLamps If that's the case, then I'm throwing you out like the bad book you are. This has been a LONG time in coming, but stay the gently caress out of RGD from now on. Enjoy your month off. User loses posting privileges for 1 month. nine-gear crow SA Support Robot
PROBATION 04/21/18 03:41pm BravestOfTheLamps Then exist somewhere else other than this thread, please. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. nine-gear crow nine-gear crow
PROBATION 04/11/18 02:29pm BravestOfTheLamps You've managed to generate more reports in five days, one of which you spent on probation, than the rest of the entire subforum has generated in the past several months.

Nobody likes a threadshitter. (Also: morally bankrupt? wtf?) User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Hieronymous Alloy FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 04/07/18 02:01pm BravestOfTheLamps Effort threads are not your toilet to poo poo in. "Meet effort with effort" is a rule; this post broke it. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Hieronymous Alloy Lowtax
PROBATION 03/12/18 02:33pm BravestOfTheLamps BravestOfTheLamps is not impressed. Nor does he even have any idea what he's talking about. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Matoi Ryuko Matoi Ryuko
BAN 01/24/18 11:17pm BravestOfTheLamps Don't accuse people of being pedos. Not even as a joke. You need a longer timeout than normal. You're getting probed multiple times a month, so let's see how a whole month out feels, on top of a ban. lornekates Smythe
PROBATION 01/24/18 11:17pm BravestOfTheLamps Don't accuse people of being pedos. Not even as a joke. You need a longer timeout than normal. You're getting probed multiple times a month, so let's see how a whole month out feels, on top of a ban. User loses posting privileges for 1 month. lornekates Smythe
PROBATION 01/24/18 09:08pm BravestOfTheLamps Not even as a joke. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. lornekates lornekates
PROBATION 01/01/18 02:56pm BravestOfTheLamps Amazingly I managed to crack the code of you posting a "kill yourself" image. Considering I was going to give you three days and you're already on 3 I'll make sure you get the correct amount of time

User loses posting privileges for 1 week. EmmyOk FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 12/31/17 03:48pm BravestOfTheLamps Merry New Years and Happy "please don't poo poo up a thread"-Mas! User loses posting privileges for 3 days. lornekates Smythe
PROBATION 12/17/17 12:10pm BravestOfTheLamps Next time you post in BSS again after being told not to you'll get a month off. I don't mind giving you a month off for every post. It'll make the forums as whole a better place. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. X-O FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 12/11/17 09:09am BravestOfTheLamps Almost every time you post in this thread, someone new reports you for trolling. It would be best if you stayed out of this thread henceforth. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Hieronymous Alloy FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 12/09/17 12:52pm BravestOfTheLamps It's not like that at all actually. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 12/02/17 11:13am BravestOfTheLamps I'm gonna nip this one in the bud before you start to think that LP is a safe spot to continue your bullshit edgelord antics. It isn't. If the string of replies to this post tell me anything, it's that literally no one wants you here either. So stay out. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. nine-gear crow FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 12/02/17 08:33am BravestOfTheLamps Laziness. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Hieronymous Alloy Hieronymous Alloy
PROBATION 11/19/17 02:16pm BravestOfTheLamps You do worse than contribute nothing, you actively make this forum and every thread you post in a worse place. It's time for you to see if another subforum will put up with your garbage on a regular basis because BSS is done with it. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. X-O FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 11/19/17 12:18pm BravestOfTheLamps It's time to move on buddy. Stay out of this thread from now on. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. X-O X-O
PROBATION 11/16/17 09:11am BravestOfTheLamps
EmmyOk posted:
5. If you have problem with content report it. This thread is not for slapfights and callouts
User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. EmmyOk EmmyOk
PROBATION 10/13/17 10:19pm BravestOfTheLamps Every single post you make in every single thread in CD is some hot-take, poo poo-stirring nonsense and I'm done with it. User loses posting privileges for 1 month. GonSmithe Nyc_Tattoo
PROBATION 10/13/17 04:12pm BravestOfTheLamps I'd really prefer if you never posted again. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 09/04/17 11:42am BravestOfTheLamps
quote:
What is the thread, O Posters?
It is I:
I, this incessant slapfighting,
This quest to edify;
Posters, this solitude
through which we type
Is I."

Chill, dude, you're making it weird. Nobody here is the Final Word in Book Opinions. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Hieronymous Alloy Nyc_Tattoo
PROBATION 08/23/17 04:13pm BravestOfTheLamps Stop having a dumb slapfight in the Logan thread. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 08/16/17 07:22pm BravestOfTheLamps

If you want to do a hateread of a *text* that's great, but there's no need to jump down the throat of individual posters out of the blue, or dredge up arguments that are (apparently) over a year old anyway. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Hieronymous Alloy FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 08/11/17 06:27pm BravestOfTheLamps You are constantly, needlessly antagonistic. Stop. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. GonSmithe FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 08/11/17 11:29am BravestOfTheLamps User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 06/18/17 02:49pm BravestOfTheLamps That's really annoying. see you next month. User loses posting privileges for 1 month. 207-563-5532 FactsAreUseless
PROBATION 06/14/17 10:23pm BravestOfTheLamps Fyandor would put more effort into his posting. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Hieronymous Alloy zen death robot
PROBATION 05/10/17 03:48pm BravestOfTheLamps Please, please calm down about comic book movies. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. GonSmithe Nyc_Tattoo
PROBATION 05/10/17 10:31am BravestOfTheLamps Hahahaha User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 04/10/17 03:28pm BravestOfTheLamps Every post you make is you trying to be the toughest guy on the forums. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. GonSmithe zen death robot
PROBATION 04/07/17 05:24pm BravestOfTheLamps Does your shamelessness know no bounds? User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 03/05/17 02:43pm BravestOfTheLamps You add nothing to this thread. Do not come back. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. X-O X-O
PROBATION 01/28/17 11:23am BravestOfTheLamps Your weird passive-aggressive obsession with this thread is bizarre, go follow LPs you'll like instead. Also, if you post in this thread again I'm going to ban you. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Mega64 Nyc_Tattoo
PROBATION 01/16/17 07:52pm BravestOfTheLamps You don't seem to like being in this thread very much so I guess this isn't really a punishment, huh. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Fedule Smythe
PROBATION 01/11/17 11:26pm BravestOfTheLamps Much like your low-content posts in ths thread. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Blind Sally Blind Sally
PROBATION 04/10/16 07:39am BravestOfTheLamps You posting that other people aren't talking about Star Wars is not talking about Star Wars either. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe
PROBATION 01/27/16 06:10pm BravestOfTheLamps Stop making a bad thread worse, if that's even possible. It's terrible enough already without your help. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. X-O X-O
PROBATION 01/12/16 01:21am BravestOfTheLamps Every post you make is bad but skirts the line just enough that I don't usually probate you. You add nothing to any discussion ever. Go away. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. FactsAreUseless zen death robot
PROBATION 01/03/16 10:57pm BravestOfTheLamps Antisemitism suuuuure is hilarious, amiright guys? User loses posting privileges for 1 week. blunt for century zen death robot
PROBATION 11/01/15 08:22pm BravestOfTheLamps You post on the same forums as the nerds you love riling up. You're no better than them. Let them have their fun and stop making GBS threads up the thread. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. OldSenileGuy Lowtax
PROBATION 04/16/15 01:40pm BravestOfTheLamps So don't post in the thread. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. GonSmithe GonSmithe

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
The dude who thinks he's better than everyone because he doesn't like fan art is trying to outsmart the children's show.

Have some behind the scenes escapades:

https://twitter.com/SamanthaCKing/status/1028370977841807360

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Emotions running high over claim that Ducktales doesn't live up to Carl Barks's work.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Hihohe posted:

Thats Bravest of the Lamps. Dont talk to them.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Who?

e: this can be taken as a response to both the last 2 posts

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's the superhero alias of Fethry Duck.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I guess Indiana Jones isn’t an adventurer because he goes to the jungles on purpose and isn’t thrown into them by surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

bbf2 posted:

I guess Indiana Jones isn’t an adventurer because he goes to the jungles on purpose and isn’t thrown into them by surprise

Indiana Jones is a lecturer who's dragged into various escapades. He doesn't want to navigate traps or fight Nazis, they're things he ends up having to do so that he can survive and save the day.