Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

*kicks over a table* why won't these birds gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

They’re gonna have Kate Miccuci sing Sex With Ducks in character as Webby.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Penumbra should immediately love Donald as much as she hated Della.

Donald as a strangely-attractive-to-alien-women space adventurer?

So Donald’s going to end up like a Duck sendup of, like, Buck Rogers or something? New.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

So Donald’s going to end up like a Duck sendup of, like, Buck Rogers or something? New.

Seems eye-rolling enough

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

RandomPauI posted:

Daddy duck divorced and they just told the kids he died.

He's actually just a deadbeat, who scams seniors out of their retirement money and lives two towns away. He's not aware of his kids, because Donald hid them from him. Nobody ever talks about him. Not even in any of the comics.

Maybe it's even darker than this. He could be a war criminal, or as ducks tend to be a serial rapist. Unless we learn more about him, it's prudent to assume the worst.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

He's actually just a deadbeat, who scams seniors out of their retirement money and lives two towns away. He's not aware of his kids, because Donald hid them from him. Nobody ever talks about him. Not even in any of the comics.

Maybe it's even darker than this. He could be a war criminal, or as ducks tend to be a serial rapist. Unless we learn more about him, it's prudent to assume the worst.

Wtf Is wrong with you?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This has become a drinking game gone wrong.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Xelkelvos posted:

Wtf Is wrong with you?

Yeah, I took that a bit to far. I'm sorry about that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
In the comics all we know about the Triplets' dad is that way back in the 40's the initial reason they were sent to live with Donald is because they had hospitalized their father in a mysterious fireworks accident, though it wouldn't take very long at all for any trace of their parents to vanish as that one short about Donald doing his taxes from 1943 has him claim the Triplets as being adopted children of his

So take of that what you will

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Put Daffy Duck in the Duck universe you cowards

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

:thejoke:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
There's enough high blood pressure in Duckburg

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

There's enough high blood pressure in Duckburg

Daffy is chill. To the point of being brain dead is he chill

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

isn't Donald a superhero, though I suppose that's a different Donald Duck

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

The party scenes in "From the Confidential Casefiles of Agent 22" implied that Mrs. Beakley does, in fact, gently caress.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ProjektorBoy posted:

The party scenes in "From the Confidential Casefiles of Agent 22" implied that Mrs. Beakley does, in fact, gently caress.

She's got a grandaughter.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, have Webby’s birth parents ever been seen or mentioned before in the comics or cartoons (unless she was a creation of the 1987 series like Launchpad was, I forget)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 2, 2019

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Aces High posted:

isn't Donald a superhero, though I suppose that's a different Donald Duck

We'll probably see a version of Papernik eventually, hopefully they can come up with a better English name for it than Duck Avenger though...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, have Webby’s birth parents ever been seen or mentioned before in the comics or cartoons (unless she was a creation of the 1987 series like Launchpad was, I forget)?

The latter, I think. She was backported into some of the comics apparently; her arc with Lena is based on one with Minima de Spell.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

We'll probably see a version of Papernik eventually, hopefully they can come up with a better English name for it than Duck Avenger though...

Having Papernik and Darkwing Duck in the same series would be weird. Though this show's pretty good at differentiating formerly similar characters.

Am I the only one who saw General Lunaris as being very similar in design and to an extent voice as J'onn J'onnz from Justice League?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He feels more like Bain if Bain didn't need the breathing apparatus.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The production team have been comparing him to Thanos more than anything on their own personal twitters, and given what's seen in the Comic Con trailer for what's coming up this season, that seems like a fair assessment.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, that seems more shorthand for generic alien invader. Of course it seems like his theme is more 'we have to invade Earth before they invade us!', which strikes me as quite the Cold War satire throwback. (But probably still sadly relevant)

While the Lunarians seem to be invented for the show, aliens native to the moon are definitely something in line with the themes of the comics as a science fiction idea that's been rightly discredited for decades but has a retro charm.

Donald being captive on the moon might be a setup for him to become an equivalent of Papernik, maybe.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 21, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Surprise option: Donald as Maui Mallard / Cold Shadow.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Comedy option: Donald decides to become a superhero mostly as an outlet for his rage, can't decide on a gimmick and ends up going through every single alter ego he's ever had and then some.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just realised that Della thinking Penumbra is immediate besties with her makes sense because she's grumpy, suspicious and belligerent just like her own twin brother.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So according to wikipedia we're getting the last 8 episodes of Season 2 in bomb format over the next two weeks.

September 3rd: Whatever Happened to Donald Duck?
September 4th: Happy Birthday, Doofus Drake!
September 5th: A Nightmare on Killmotor Hill!
September 6th: The Golden Army of Cornelius Coot!

September 9th: Timephoon!
September 10th: GlomTales!
September 11th: The Richest Duck in the World!
September 12th: Moonvasion! <-- 1 hour season finale

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

If they made Donald's Papernik speak normally and be half as awesome as his comic version that has my approval.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Bring back Don Cheadle to voice Papernik.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Alacron posted:

Bring back Don Cheadle to voice Papernik.

Bonus points if he says "Boom! You lookin' for this?"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That would be amazing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
New episode is up on the DisneyNow app and will be releasing in 4 hours. I'm gonna watch it as soon as I can.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Senerio posted:

New episode is up on the DisneyNow app and will be releasing in 4 hours. I'm gonna watch it as soon as I can.

It's good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That was quite an entertaining episode of Disney's Ducktales.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Donald is a good uncle. Shame about everything else in his life.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

Donald is a good uncle. Shame about everything else in his life.

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Daffy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

I'm still on the fence about Doofus. He's such a wierd little sociopath that I spend more time feeling sorry for him then hating him like the show wants me to. Here's to Boyd giving him some much needed character growth in the future.