Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

ikanreed posted:

Lunaris as recurring villain for real though

Definitely, and now Scrooge's team will have Penumbra running around for help as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There hasn’t been any official word as to when Season 3 starts airing yet has there?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

There hasn’t been any official word as to when Season 3 starts airing yet has there?

I mean, Season 2 just ended, but I seem the recall the turn around time between Season 1 and Season 2 was like under 3 months. So probably before the end of the year, I'm guessing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, Season 2 just ended, but I seem the recall the turn around time between Season 1 and Season 2 was like under 3 months. So probably before the end of the year, I'm guessing.

Part of that I thknk was because S2 was greenlit really quick in the middle of S1. idk if S3 was greenlit yet.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Omobono posted:

Except if FOWL had bothered to intervene at all during the Lunarian invasion instead of sitting on their own asses doing nothing the situation would have been resolved way earlier.

Lunaris lost to a Glomgold scheme for heaven's sake, five minutes of FOWL gathering intel for Scrooge before the assault on the mansion would have revealed Lunaris plan and allowed for counterplans. They wouldn't even need to reveal their identities to Scrooge or burn assets for that, just have a master of disguise (like for example the Phantom Blot) deliver the info.

I'm not quite sure how much they could have helped. The invasion blindsided everyone on Earth and I don't know how they could gather any intel on Lunaris since he kept himself hidden until the last moment.

nerdman42 posted:

I mostly thought Lunaris was obsessed with Scrooge for the sake of Scrooge being our hero, but maybe there's something to Lunaris seeing someone who has everything on Earth that he wants while Scrooge is off searching for more adventure.

You could say his obsession orbits around Scrooge.

nine-gear crow posted:

Which is hilarious, because Lunaris had a file on Glomgold in his secret base. He knew EXACTLY who and what Flintheart Glomgold really was, and Glomgold still walloped him with how stupid he was.

Knowing who Flintheart is doesn't really prepare you for how stupid his schemes can get though. :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xelkelvos posted:

Part of that I thknk was because S2 was greenlit really quick in the middle of S1. idk if S3 was greenlit yet.

Season 3 was at least greenlit before Season 2 aired.

That said, apparently they're basically releasing them when the batches are done according to Angones so we don't know for sure when it will be out. If I had to guess, January the earliest.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's Disney scheduling. Some of their shows take year long midseason breaks without any kind of explanation.
They will probably air the first 1.5464 episodes at some point. Then 5 months later that sentence gets finished.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Though also keep in mind, Lunaris originally planned to take out the triplets first to destroy Scrooge's morale, which Della was unknowingly one step ahead on, and it was Gladstone and Fethry's intervention that got the rest of the family back into the fray. Fethry's easy to underestimate as a harmless kook and no one's been paying much attention him seemingly just being the skeleton crew on a decaying seabase, and Gladstone likewise as a feckless layabout who never puts any effort into anything. Plus, you can't really plan for a guy whose whole thing is being absurdly lucky.

Funny thing is it seems Fethry and Gladstone get along, and it kinda makes sense; Fethry isn't the type to be bothered at all by someone else's luck, and Gladstone is generally pretty easygoing and willing to go with the flow.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Gladstone and Fethry normally got along well in the comics as well.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I want like a training montage of Beakly and possibly Penumbra training Drake to fight.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
If season one was a Dewey season, season 2 was a Louie season, does that mean Huey will be the driving force triplet this season?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

galenanorth posted:

Yeah. I'd think Scrooge would notice if the vultures were actually stealing from him under his nose, so I'm curious what angle they've had working for Scrooge all this time, if any. If they're spies, what has FOWL been doing with the information?

Counterpoint: If they’re his accounts then them stealing from him may go under the radar since they’re supposed to be the ones to catch that sort of thing. Also Scrooge doesn’t seem to care about the particulars of where the money goes (which is why his accounts are on his rear end all the time).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

readingatwork posted:

Counterpoint: If they’re his accounts then them stealing from him may go under the radar since they’re supposed to be the ones to catch that sort of thing. Also Scrooge doesn’t seem to care about the particulars of where the money goes (which is why his accounts are on his rear end all the time).

They might go into more detail later. The vultures are clearly playing a dangerous game being right under Scrooge's beak, but then again they're also among the few people Scrooge admits to trusting. And they've been working for Scrooge for a very long time, as Last Christmas indicates- they've been playing the long game. Of course, there's plenty of opportunities for grift and espionage even if they don't risk embezzlement; the best way to get away with stealing from the rich is, oddly enough, not to get greedy.

Wouldn't be surprised if they let Scrooge fund escapades like deep sea and space exploration only to cut the funding when Scrooge isn't interested anymore to leave opportunities open.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also there's probably plenty of larceny opportunities.

phongn
Oct 21, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

If season one was a Dewey season, season 2 was a Louie season, does that mean Huey will be the driving force triplet this season?

Yes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ikanreed posted:

Lunaris as recurring villain for real though

The guy is stranded alone on a ship orbiting Earth, chances are he's going to be completely bonkers by the time someone gets him off that thing.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They might go into more detail later. The vultures are clearly playing a dangerous game being right under Scrooge's beak, but then again they're also among the few people Scrooge admits to trusting. And they've been working for Scrooge for a very long time, as Last Christmas indicates- they've been playing the long game. Of course, there's plenty of opportunities for grift and espionage even if they don't risk embezzlement; the best way to get away with stealing from the rich is, oddly enough, not to get greedy.

Wouldn't be surprised if they let Scrooge fund escapades like deep sea and space exploration only to cut the funding when Scrooge isn't interested anymore to leave opportunities open.

Exactly. Given Scrooge's general disinterest dealing with his board, as long as a division is turning a profit it probably won't garner much attention.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

eatenmyeyes posted:

Exactly. Given Scrooge's general disinterest dealing with his board, as long as a division is turning a profit it probably won't garner much attention.

You're kidding, right? Scrooge can tell when less than a dollar is missing from his money bin. I think he'd pay attention to his accounting department, too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

You're kidding, right? Scrooge can tell when less than a dollar is missing from his money bin. I think he'd pay attention to his accounting department, too.

The money bin, even in the comics (usually), is only his liquid assets and adventuring loot, not the total of his titanic business income. He pays special attention to it.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I'm currently binging through this on Amazon Prime. David Tennant is a hoot as Scrooge, the triplets all have unique personalities and goals and Webby is adorable. The fact that she'd probably hate being thought of as adorable/cute/etc makes her even more adorable/cute/etc.

Also, old cranky person with access to weird stuff going on adventures with younger companions. Scrooge McDuck is... The Duckter.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 21, 2019

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The money bin, even in the comics (usually), is only his liquid assets and adventuring loot, not the total of his titanic business income. He pays special attention to it.

I did think it was weird that there's actually cents in there. It's supposed to be mostly gold, I thought.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

I did think it was weird that there's actually cents in there. It's supposed to be mostly gold, I thought.

It's basically supposed to be every piece of currency or loot Scrooge has earned by himself directly.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Gaz-L posted:

It's basically supposed to be every piece of currency or loot Scrooge has "earned" by himself directly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Season 3 thread title "Beware of F.O.W.L. Weather"

I'm burning through the episodes pretty quickly (just started Season 2 episode 15) so I'll shortly be joining the rest of you in withdrawal soon. I like all the characters, but Webbigail is probably my favorite. That mix of skilled badass and social awkwardness is perfect.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Necrotizer F posted:

Season 3 thread title "Beware of F.O.W.L. Weather"

I'm burning through the episodes pretty quickly (just started Season 2 episode 15) so I'll shortly be joining the rest of you in withdrawal soon. I like all the characters, but Webbigail is probably my favorite. That mix of skilled badass and social awkwardness is perfect.

Velma’s VA was an inspired casting choice as well.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Is anyone else really tired of the Louie 'chores' interstitials?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

Is anyone else really tired of the Louie 'chores' interstitials?

Well given their track record, I think Huey is going to be the focus next season and Louie is going to be shuffled to the background with Dewey. And that's something I'm kind of looking forward too, honestly, especially as Huey's slowly gone crazier over the course of season 2.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Finished season 2. When I saw the Phantom Blot, I literally hollered. As a child raised on Mickey and Donald comics, this next season is going to be a dream come true.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Season 3 is going to rock, but now I'm looking further forward to Season 4 with Webbigail as the focus. The only other kid character I've liked as much as her is Trixie from Lucifer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope with the introduction of Daisy, there's an episode where Webby, Violet and Lena have to pose as her nieces for some contrived reason and Daisy just panic names them April, May and June.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

I hope with the introduction of Daisy, there's an episode where Webby, Violet and Lena have to pose as her nieces for some contrived reason and Daisy just panic names them April, May and June.

Strikes me as more of a Della thing.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
What kind of personality would someone in love with Donald even have? My only exposure to Daisy is basically a picture book I had as a kid, and Donald wasn't a barely restrained ball of rage in it.

Maybe she'll be like a stoned yoga teacher?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Daisy actually has a lot of personality, especially compared to Minnie. Although a lot of that can be basically gender flipped Donald.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Beachcomber posted:

What kind of personality would someone in love with Donald even have? My only exposure to Daisy is basically a picture book I had as a kid, and Donald wasn't a barely restrained ball of rage in it.

From what I remember of Daisy, she can get just as angry as Donald, except she doesn't go all -angry Donald noises-.

Her character in the Disney Parks is mostly 'i'm on top, i'm a star, somebody bring me some haaaaam'.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Beachcomber posted:

What? No absolutely not. Their dynamic is basically that Daisy is just as angry and crazy as Donald is (possibly even more so), but more coy and sassy about it.

Here's a few of the newer cartoons that show off what they're like together:

https://youtu.be/9_HrC6nKJUQ

https://youtu.be/AN3Lu8EveHY (this is the best one)

https://youtu.be/Dj_wLI_mac8

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Sep 24, 2019

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So for the next Holiday episode they'll explain Scrooge's grudge with Father Christmas? He was shown in that creator's demonstration alongside the Daisy and the Rescue Rangers.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

So for the next Holiday episode they'll explain Scrooge's grudge with Father Christmas? He was shown in that creator's demonstration alongside the Daisy and the Rescue Rangers.

You know what, I'm going to predict it's something really dumb. As in, Della wanted a doll with a green shirt, Santa brought a pink one and then refused to correct the mistake. Thus Scrooge banning him from the mansion.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

Well going by Storkules, it's someone who's upbeat and sees Donald as someone who's brave, wise and larger than life. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm imagining a scene of Donald watching Daisy fly into a blind rage while romantic music plays. That'll be their first meeting.