Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

David Tennant is an absolute treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Larryb posted:

Yeah, Scrooge and Webby are probably my favorite out of the new cast (and Glomgold sounds almost exactly the same as he did in the old show).

Speaking of Webby;

The animation team clearly has Opinions about her old design.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Luey should be listed in the OP as "The evil one". Episode confirmed that he is the evil triplet.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love how Scrooge always seems to instantly switch on when there's a hint of adventure. From the first episode where he effortlessly vanquishes three spectral threats to now when he has the great line "I sat through three showings of Aquarion when I could have been fighting a demon!?" it's consistently great.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really love how despite Magicka de Spell's dismay at finding Scrooge as a shadow of his former self, that's the only reason she's able to even stand a chance. The very moment she faces him at his prime, he utterly chumps her without effort.

Also another nice touch is that despite her naming Lena as the betrayer, Scrooge's first instinct was to shield her body with his.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That episode was fantastic. It was just a "monster of the week" plot so to speak, but the character development was outstanding, there were a lot of great laugh out loud jokes and it was just lovely all around.

Extremely strong start to the season.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The look on Scrooge's face when Donald said that he owned McDuck Enterprises was fantastic.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So I've been slow to catch up.

Oh my god they actually used the Moon theme.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mark Beaks just goes between incompetent and hypercompetent depending on his comfort zones so quickly it's kind of amazing.

And while there's plenty of Hulk comparisons from his latest episode, he was one 'NANOMACHINES, SON' from being Senator Armstrong.

He literally used nanomachines to hulk out.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They're likely having the new guy imitate Jim Cummings' voice. (and in-universe Drake Mallard is imitating Jim Starling)

I thought that Darkwing/Negaduck was Jim Cummings.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One thing I loved in the Bombi episode was when Louie gave up the fortune to Scrooge and the curse transferred to him. Bombi started raising his boot... and then immediately lowered it as Scrooge showed his own humility.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Episode 2 is definitely one of my new favourite episodes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My favourite thing is how Scrooge understands that being a heel is way more fun than being a face. He absolutely embraces the role.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

you can't stop me posting about cartoon ducks

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

See, us cartoon duck posters were correct all along

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Petition to rename thread Ducktales Season 3: show yourself coward. i will never stop posting about cartoon ducks

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It was nice to see my old friend again, not restrained by tags and links

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ikanreed posted:

This post is designed to frustrate me. I can't watch the episode because amazon hosed up and maybe this is all covered there.

But Saint Nicholas, when he was alive, gave coal to poor families. To heat their homes. That's why he was a saint. And that's where the tradition of Santa giving coal to bad kids comes from.

Scrooge wasn't giving people coal to punish them, he was absolutely doing it because he thought that something that could warm homes was superior than a toy.

He was also invoicing them because he's Scrooge.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Can I just say that Scrooge looks fantastic in a Scottish battle uniform?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My one major complaint about the episode was the fact that Goldie had a non-speaking role. Way more minor characters with way less significance to the McDucks got way more screen/dialogue because ???

Everything else about it was glorious, especially the sneaky insertion of the Gargoyles theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Everyone posted:

What would you have had her say and whose lines/time would you have cut to allow her to say it?

On some kinder, better world, Season Three ends with the Duck extended family finding (or perhaps simply finding out out about) May and June during the party/raid on Funso's Fun Zone . Then Season Four does a deep dive into Webby the way the previous seasons focused on one of the triplets. Maybe then there would have been more breathing room for Goldie and other characters that might have felt slighted due to the rushed, packed-full finale.

The child thief character who appears in a total of one other episode? BOYD who is in a total of two other episodes? That one duck from the underwater base? There's a whole lot of characters who have far less significance to the McDucks that got actual screentime.