Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So part of me wonders if The Moon is going to play a big part in the whole Della Duck myth arc via the Spear of Selene. It's certainly a place that's got a lot of cache with people who know Ducktales prior to this but I wonder if that's a little too inside baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

So, do you think Scrooge got the triplets mom killed, or did she just vanish? Also, why didn't Webby have anything on her board about Donald's sis? Not even a silhouette like McDuck's grandparents did.
It's not as bad as "killed", I don't think Donald would have trusted Scrooge if he got anyone (much less his own sister) killed and that would be a heck of a ask logic wise from the writers.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Webby is my favorite of the rebooted characters, purely based on how intense she is in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NPoyDlit1g

The fact that she takes a moment to pull up her goggles just to smugly glare at him as she finishes him off is what clinches it for me. :allears:

"This is no foyer. This is a tomb." :commissar:

What gets me is that she somehow shot him in the backside ("Ow, my tail bone!") inspire being at point blank range to his face.

It's probably a blunder but its just so odd it loops back around to funny.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 18, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

She probably hit him hard enough for him to fall on his arse

But he was already on his arse :iiam:

but yeah, that's all besides the point.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

A lot of us are very excited that the cartoon ducks have distinct personalities. This was a genuine concern.

The craft of a show is important? Well I never!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Can't wait to figure out the context there.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 24, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Got to them.

That bit where Scrooge is in the bath and senses that something's wrong only to replace the cucumbers he has on his eyes for pennies with his bath somehow now being filled with money slayed me as did the delivery of the ransom note to Donald's face

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 24, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Bet are on Lena ether being related to or being a disguise of Magica.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Laregly because they could poo poo in a bag, film them setting it alight, label the video as a Teen Titans Go episdoe and still break even.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

This is actually a good point; didn't Gravity Falls only get away with a lot of their stuff because they were on XD?

Didn't Gravity Falls air on Disney Channel? I figgure if it's fine there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

season 1 was Disney Channel, season 2 was XD; I don't know if the crew actually mentioned if the switch actually made a difference

Aye? Huh.

Yeah, now I mind it Season 2 had a lot more hosed up poo poo in it (Bill bringing a screaming decapitated head into existance only to dismanetle it by its layers, that poo poo).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Like I said. hosed up poo poo.

Not that I mind much of DuckTales being anywhere near that off base; a plot to murder an annoying nerd via lava being the furthest it went.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The makes the whole thing even funnier is that between colours and voice actors (Tara Strong and Andrea Libman) they covered all the members of the main MLP cast who have, one way or another, gone psycho during that shows’ run (AFIK, the rest could have in the million seasons that aired since I stopped paying attention)

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 29, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

For those of us that don't watch MLP, what happened?

Basically the show had a habit of having the main cast always being one step away from a nervous breakdown that'd blow up the moment when acting to type (as they would in a cartoon for six year old girls about magical horses) just could not apply to the story at hand.

So in Twilight's case she went just a bit stir-crazy when there wasn't a PSA-applicable story happening when her job was to be involved in such stories and deliver the big GI Joe PSA moment at the end.

In the case of the ponies who are referenced their breakdowns were, to put it lightly, pretty nuts.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 29, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You honestly can’t make that sort of poo poo up.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

You’d just need to find someone who can live up to Tony Jay’s chilling performance as Khan.
And good luck with that. I get they wern't really trying (or were tragically trying all they could) but that ReBoot redo absolutely did not pull that one off.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It’s funny seeing someone (ostensively, at time of poke) voiced by Catherine Tate slap someone else voiced by David Tennant.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

This was a very Sealab episode, yeah. All that's left is for Dewey to start interviewing real human people for Dewey Dew-night, do an episode that's just scribbles on lined paper by a clearly high "animator", and introduce a vaguely brain-damaged character voiced by John C Reilly and they'll have covered pretty much all of Adult Swim.

Does the show get a Toonami intro and bumper package out of this hypothetical situation?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wouln't be the strangest thing Disney's done.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Wellllll poo poo.

So, what's plan b on that then?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Chris Diamantopoulos, he voices Mickey in the new shorts.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Go is the starfire season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It is, failing absolutely everything else, the most her.