Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I just want to congratulate the new Ducktales on making the Beagle Boys actually funny and interesting, whereas in the original series they felt sort of overused and generic. "You buying this?" was such a perfectly executed joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Inkspot posted:

PFT is gonna be so good.

I had totally forgotten he was in this, and yes, of all the casting done for this show he was by far the most perfect choice.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I like how for Glomgold's plan to work they'd need a yacht that can withstand lava and neither he nor Scrooge acknowledge it. Whether intentional or not, it's super in character for both of them to think "Well of course the yacht is impervious to lava, that's just common sense."

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Had to check IMDB. That was also unmistakably Michael Bell back as Quackerjack, but I guess they couldn’t get Dan Castallaneta back for Megavolt (pretty good imitator though from the one voice clip).

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I have to admit, as much as I like the new Fenton, I think the old one was much better at shouting, "Gizmoduck!"

I also liked the angle of being Scrooge’s accountant savant better. It feels like a better contrast to Gizmoduck.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that every once in a while the show gets really well animated? Or rather, more movement is thrown in? The show is generally well-animated anyway, but some moments like when Dewey finally came clean to Huey and Louie about Della and when Lena/Magica was outside Scrooge’s house at the beginning of the finale for some reason seem especially well-animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Alacron posted:

If you're older than Launchpad, please join me in screaming into your pillows.

I’m two days older than Launchpad McQuack. Do I win some kind of Price is Right showcase for that?