Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Larryb posted:

Pretty sure we've seen his face in other media (he's a dog with a mustache but I don't remember if his real name is ever given), but whether this series will continue down that route remains to be seen.

That's a bit shaky and depends on the author. In some comics his identity is perfectly well-known, in others it's treated as a mystery, and I've read at least one where his cloak isn't even a disguise, but just what people from his country look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I'll just take a moment to appreciate the wording "a father, a daughter and a Launchpad forming a found family".

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
If Rockerduck's "In America!" is a Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged reference, I might actually shout something at my screen.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Everyone posted:

Also "Tremble before the terrible might of friendship!" will never not be awesome. I love Webby so much.
But let us also not forget "You make clothes? I wear clothes!"

It seemed to me that Daisy's worries about Donald were brushed off a bit quickly at the end, but since Storkules intends to stick around, this episode was probably not the end of that story arc. In any case, I definitely appreciate the willingness to let Donald and Daisy's relationship develop off-screen between episodes.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 10, 2020

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

As a devout ancient Greek, I take offense from that.
As a devout ancient Greek, you should be quite aware from numerous myths that Zeus is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Also young Donald singing death metal in the 60s(and various other musical anachronisms)
It's a bit unclear, but I believe only the very first part of the episode is set in the 60s, and the main part probably in the 80s or 90s; note that in the initial scenes Heron doesn't have her metal arm yet and Bradford looks a lot younger.

Also, :stare: I really need to read the Life-and-Times comics at some point. I already knew that Scrooge ends up alienating his family due to his behaviour, but I thought that behaviour was mostly extreme frugality and not, well, crimes against humanity.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 18, 2020

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Omobono posted:

That's the only time he did something like this.

But understandably Matilda and Hortense went back to Duckburg horrified. Scrooge wanted to follow and patch up, because he realised he had crossed a line, but a business opportunity sprang up. Well, what's a short detour, can't lose an opportunity.
20 something years later and he's finally back at the Bin for the first time. He is a changed duck, both for the better (nothing even close to crimes against humanity) and the worse (no sisters around to keep him grounded and remind him of WHY he's so obsessed with riches).
Family and employees throw a surprise party upon his return because he just became the richest duck in the world.

Scrooge loses his poo poo because of course he does, parties cost money.
Hortense loses hers, because that's no loving way to treat his sisters, and their kids, that he didn't see for decades. And that was that until another two decades and something when on a whim Scrooge invited Donald and the triplets to his villa for a laugh, and Donald actually impressed him.
Ah, thanks. The characterization of Scrooge in those comics sounds really interesting in general.

Larryb posted:

I forget, was Della (or a variant thereof) in the comics or was she a creation of the show?
She's in the Don Rosa canon, at least; I don't know if her adult version ever shows up anywhere outside of the family tree, but her design in that one looks somewhat similar to the Ducktales version.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Warden posted:

One of my favourite shorter stories (which came out years before Inception) has Beagle Boys steal an invention from Gyro to enter Scrooge's dreams/memories to get the code to Money Bin's security system from Scrooge's dream version, but things go sideways in a hilarious and touching fashion. Donald goes after them to get them out of the dream, and in the Klondike-era dream Scrooge beats the hell out of last Beagle Boy with zero effort and manages to relive one of his of most regretted memories with Glondie, but this time he gets it right.
That's one of my favourites, too :) I loved pretty much all the Don Rosa stories when I read them as a kid (especially A Letter From Home), but I somehow never got around to reading the actual Life-and-Times stories.

Edit:

Warden posted:

The Nordics absolutely adored him and every time he was here there lines around city blocks for signings.
And I just found out that the keyboarder of Nightwish made a whole album of music inspired by the Life-and-Times comics that topped the Finnish album charts for a while. It has contributions from the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

DTaeKim posted:

Bradford's line to Scrooge near the climax is legitametly one of the darkest lines I've heard in a TV series.
Do you mean the one where he states that he orchestrated Della's disappearance?
While we're at dark stuff Bradford did, let's not forget that he straight-up murdered Black Heron on-screen. Like, from all that we know, she's dead.