Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I liked that first set of episodes. Dewey's unfounded confidence at laser dancing was great!

But I only understood about half of Donald's words. Which is weird, since everyone else speaks quite clearly and understands him perfectly. I'm probably far from the first to note that though.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at Aug 15, 2017 around 22:23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

dragon_pamcake posted:

I hope he's this guy's grandson and is a villain instead of a one-off visual gag. http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Arpin_Lusene

Also could we maybe add one of the McDuck family trees to the OP?

Molly Mallard looks absolutely miserable and her husband "Dirty" looks like he's to blame. Then again it might just be the terrible life of a Scottish coal mining family.

Also it's kinda funny that "Donald" is pretty much the only name which made it through the German translation and that's probably because he was known under that name longer than that.

In this version the McDucks have also just been called Duck, which makes the tree seem a bit stupid. Maybe Duck is just an incredibly common name like Nguyễn.
Also note that they decided to rename Gladstone to "Gustav Gans" (Gans means goose) and later on there was Gus Goose who they had to rename to Franz because Gus is just short for Gustav. Furthermore, Gladstones father was arbitrarily made a general just for that alliteration.

The longer I look at that the more strange things I notice. Donalds Grandma seems to be the only woman who changed her name to her husband's. And the guy on the upper right chooses to go by his mother's maiden name.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2017 around 19:03

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

eatenmyeyes posted:

Counterpoint: The nephews address her as Aunt Daisy. Her brother is Della's husband.

I want to say that calling someone an aunt can be just a thing of close affection. But on the other hand, assuming they were married, Della's husband would have to be called Duck too. (Taking the wife's name was rather rare back then.)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

My sis is coming over to watch the pilot, what else should we watch?

That's kind of an open question. Especially since we don't know what you or your sister like and know. Gravity Falls is good, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

X-O posted:

Asking why a chicken man has human feet is the kind of question you just have to not ask. Like why only ducks are the only people that consistently walk around pantsless.

The reason is that ducks are kinda gross.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Did someone grab a picture of gyros Good-Bad list? I'm pretty sure the time tub was on that. (It gained sentience.)

Also it's probably a good thing that Scrooge doesn't fire him. He's like one step away from becoming a manic super villain.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at Sep 24, 2017 around 21:14

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

and the Cogs from that Toontown game.

Wow they are really willing to go to obscure places for their little inside jokes. I love this.

VVV Well, yeah. That's the step.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at Sep 24, 2017 around 21:20

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

"That idiot is gonna get himself killed"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I was really hoping for a Jackie Chan homage shot, when the truck was driving into that alleyway. But I guess Lena isn't as good at wall running as Webby or him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

I thought the truck getting stuck in the alleyway was a homage to the Simpsons where there did that exact same gag.

I mean, that's just the kinda thing you'd actually expect to happen in that situation. But which version is cooler? Running up a wall to flip over the front of an incoming truck, or that truck just kinda getting wedged between two walls?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Avalerion posted:

That's so moronic it hurts. gently caress pacing and plotting, we need a holiday episode because...?

Do not question the mind of Disney. He does not question yours, for you are insignificant to him.

That pacing may seem a bit weird, but they usually know what they're doing. As long a they don't do stupid stuff like using a character before the episode they are introduced.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Reinbach posted:

Did anybody else catch the Bill Cipher in this episode?

Nah. That was a different guy without a top hat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Scrooge was kind of a dick towards that dead guy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

evilmiera posted:

All is becoming right with the world. A battletech game is out, comic book movies are mostly good and all the cartoons I used to watch are returning, but better.

Are you saying that someone is making your country, which I'm assuming to be America, great again?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

So I guess no one has anything to say about last week's episode or any guests that may have appeared in it? lol

I think that episode appeared somewhere a few weeks ago. Someone may have already seen and discussed that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

and her niece's motivation being "freedom" creates a situation where she really can't choose between that and her friends. This implies that something creative will have to happen.

Yeah, that seems like kind of lame, actually.
Having her darkest desire be "freedom" just absolves her from everything, because she doesn't actually have a real choice. I would prefer it, if it was actually a selfish wish she had to give up for Webby.
This revelation just robs her of her agenda and makes her a pawn.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SubNat posted:

Episode 16 spoiler/avatar material:

I actually just realized that it's already episode 16. That's actually quite a lot.

VVV Yeah, it's really a good show.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at Jun 30, 2018 around 20:58

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I like that she's only interested in that dime because it's the one he touched most often.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Test Pattern posted:

Scrooge starts every morning with a cup of nutmeg tea? That explains some things.

Does it? Is there something special about nutmeg? Okay apparently nutmeg is poisonous in really, really high doses. But Scrooge is reusing that teabag. Probably since decades. There's just water in that cup.

By the way, it sounded kinda weird how Webby said her favorite drink is juice. That's so ridiculously unspecific. But I guess, they needed that for the later scene.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

The one true shame about him is that according to the interview Jim Cummings will not be voicing him. His voice actor is going to be Jaime Camil.

Well the initials fit. That's close enough, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah Rockerduck is a rival and competitor with Scrooge, and while they fight and get angry with each other, there is no real hate between the two. As well he does not really go on expeditions to get Treasure and primarily competes with Scrooge on business deals and money making plans. The two frequently wager and make competitions with each other who can make the most money in short periods of time and stuff like that. And then when Rockerduck loses he eats his hat in frustration.

Imagine the following scenario: Scrooge is constructing a huge building and because it would earn him a lot of money, they each want to delay the process. Rockerduck would demand extra thorough building inspection from the city and later on, he'd do some seedier stuff like spying on the process, or trying to poach the workers, that's the extend of it. Gloomgold's first instinct would be to hire the Beagle Boys to throw dynamite around.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bleck posted:

I'm gonna be real sad if Rockerduck isn't voiced by Wallace Shawn

Why? That seems arbitrary. It's not like that person voiced him before. To be honest, I don't know that name anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

It might be the second. We didn't hear the full story of that hat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Does any character in that universe actually die of old age? So far we have four decks who are effectively immortal. We don't know much about DeSpell yet, so maybe five.
But there were the ghosts of the McDuck ancestors in this episode, so presumably death does exist.

I kinda wonder if they'll also explore what happened to the dad of the triplets. They never even mention him. He might have died at a really early age. Alternatively he's just some deadbeat who buggered of when he realized he'd have to care for three children.
Of course, the show doesn't mention him because the source material doesn't either, but it seems kinda weird that they want to know everything about their mother, but don't show the slightest bit of interest in their dad.
Or maybe it's just such a total nonstory that there's nothing to say and they worked through it already.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Why didn't they bring Donald anyway? What's he up to? That's one of the weirdest changes, since he sort of hangs around, but doesn't really bother to do anything. I loved how he frantically tried to protect the boys in the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I enjoyed the fact that those ducks actually hatched from eggs.