Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

One issue Rosa had was Scrooge having such a blatant Scottish accent, he always felt that since Scrooge left Scotland at a pretty early age and spent most of his life in the United States that he'd only have the slightest trace of a Scottish accent if he had one at all

Also while I don't agree with absolutely everything he believes, I do feel he is probably the second best Duck writer after Carl Barks, and part of that is due to how much love and thought he gives his work

They should just make it canon Scrooge retained his accent out of sheer stubborn pride.

Is that Goofy's station wagon on Webby's cork board? I swear it's from Goof Troop but GIS is failing me.

RIP Hortense McDuck's Little Orphan Annie hairstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Doesn't work unless Hortense (Donald's mother) is decades younger than Scrooge. I hope they just hand-wave the whole time thing.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

kefkafloyd posted:

Launchpad deftly swerves to avoid Arsene Lupin III and Daisuke Jigen.

I hope he's this guy's grandson and is a villain instead of a one-off visual gag. http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Arpin_Lusene

Also could we maybe add one of the McDuck family trees to the OP?

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Ballz posted:

That's... an interesting variation I hadn't seen before. Clear view of Della's (still nameless) husband sporting a 50s-style buzz cut and Ludwig marrying Matilda. That one might actually get some play if Ludwig does indeed appear in DuckTales this season.

I guess in a few cartoons Donald called Ludwig "Uncle" and this is the only way he'd be Donald's uncle while having the Von Drake name.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Ludwig_Von_Drake According to this, Ludwig is actually Quackmore's brother and has a different last name just because? Then again, Rosa didn't write the cartoons so. :shrug:

It's a pretty concise family tree considering how many relations the comic and cartoons kept piling on Donald.

kefkafloyd posted:

Done, along with a high res copy of Webby's Charlie board.

Thank you!

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 22, 2017

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Is there anywhere to get screengrabs from these episodes? I really want the picture of Della smashing Donald's face into their birthday cake.

She just so happy. :allears:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
That was fast! Thank you.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Did someone grab a picture of gyros Good-Bad list? I'm pretty sure the time tub was on that. (It gained sentience.)

Also it's probably a good thing that Scrooge doesn't fire him. He's like one step away from becoming a manic super villain.

I'm pretty sure he is going full supervillain judging by how he was talking about the Gizmoduck suit.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

I wonder if Donald's more laid back attitude to safety (with all those generators for one thing) in Daytrip of Doom is because the triplets aren't around/living in the boat and for the first time in a long time he doesn't have to be worrying about them all of the time?

I'm sure not having to worry about the boys was part of it, but I would chalk most of it up to Duck/McDuck temper and pride.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I didn't realize he straightened it. I thought he paused mid-tantrum to read it and it just made him even angrier. :downs:

I also think the dog lady that keeps showing up is Roxanne's mom since she seems to be an adult, not a teenager. Also, Roxanne was really bubbly and outgoing in the Goofy Movie, not :stare:.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows got a North American release for PS2 and Gamecube in 2002... for whatever reason.

Was that any good? I might try to pick it up used for the Gamecube.

EDIT: Oh my god, I can see some real comedy potential with goody-goody Huey in an abusive internship.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 29, 2017

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Webby, when riding on a public bus, excitedly points out how amazing it is that a dog can wear a tie. The bus driver, who is a dog, throws her off.

You might not care what specific species of animal each character is, but the characters in the show care about it quite a lot.

Literally every character on that bus was a dog except for Webby and the Triplets. It made Webby's outburst even more horrifying.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Scrooge's only house rule for Donald and the Triplets was "My home, my space" and they were free to do whatever they wanted under Beakley's supervision in the rest of the mansion. That's probably how Webby and Beakley lived in the mansion, free to use the rooms as they saw fit as long as they didn't trash anything.

I liked today's episode. It felt more like a pure treasure hunt than the Atlantis episode because the characters are already established. Huey trying to cheer Dewey up on the hypothetical number of mummies in the tomb was pretty cute.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I have a hunch the bet with Flintheart is going to end with Louie conning just enough money out of Flint to make him lose

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
The muscular dog on the water cooler billboard Launchpad poses in front of looks a lot like the new Liquidator.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I just realized the bully picking on Drake is probably young Herb Muddlefoot. :allears:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Given how spooky that new genie looks, I wonder if that's not Murlock the sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I think they could have gotten another season just out of letting their giant, delightful cast bounce off each other.

God, I am going to miss Glomgold.

I thought about something messed up about the Christmas episode Bouncer Beagle made the nice list, but Scrooge gave him coal anyway. Since he was awake when Scrooge and Webby left, he probably opened it.