Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

My sis is coming over to watch the pilot, what else should we watch?

The first five episodes of the original series. It's basically a ~2 hour adventuring movie cut in to 5 parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Horse code.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Please don't kill Scrooge :(

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Post old Scrooge comics ITT

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

This episode was the kind of predictable fun that the average old Ducktales episode was. Despite this, the Magica reveal was pretty wild. I initially thought Lena was Magica in a disguise or a modernized 2017 witch.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was it an American or European comic which revealed that Gladstone has one day of nothing but bad luck every single year on his birthday?

It's a Don Rosa story called "The Sign of the Triple Distelfink". Its really good if you're tired of Gladstone having his way.

This story also has a small Della cameo if you're into duck lore.

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 14, 2017

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

tsob posted:

Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the comics, but while I enjoyed the episode the resolution of the episode didn't do much for me. I kept expecting to find out that Scrooge was in some way responsible for the final $20 Gladstone picks up that allows Donald to win, given Scrooge's talk about how luck has nothing to do with how he made his fortune and general rejection of the luck vampire's ethos. I also found it a bit disappointing that after struggling through almost the entire course plagued by bad luck, one speech from Louie pushed Donald to simply power through the rest of the course and completely void the concept of luck given no more bad luck came at him at all. It just didn't seem like a satisfying way to end a struggle based on luck to have nothing to do with luck in the climax, at least on the protagonist's side. I wasn't really a fan of Gladstone or Donald having such explicit and definite luck of either kind in the first place though really. It was fun when the show was using it for jokes about how Gladstone would find money while Donald would get fingered for theft, but having it be such a solid thing that Gladstone could literally walk in to a fire and it'd inexplicably go out somehow to help him was overboard to me.

Counterpoint:

(I agree with you on the 20$ bill, I was ready for Scrooge to reveal that he snuck it up there somehow.)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Yousee stores are handing out free posters this week, but it turns out that the store near me closed a while ago. :(

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

The sad part is I can easy see Scrooge beating the poo poo out of Santa Claus.

Scrooge would never beat anyone who wasn't trying to scam him with their free poo poo

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fair enough. I always thought Scrooge's meanness and miserliness was so over-the-top it looped round and became funny.

It's not funny when he's paying Donald 30 cents/hr or tricks him out of his payment.
It's funny when he's reusing a tea bag for the 11th time and using trapdoor chutes on salesmen.

The italian comics usually are pretty good at striking a balance between the cheap and kind Scrooge. Except when they're about unaerodynamic spaceships going to to the moon to mine moon dust for tomato farming or whatever crazy stories they come up with.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

There's no Aladdin either, so I guess Webby is for the second season of disney minifigs

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

This post is reserved for an audio clip of john hodgman eating a entire bowler hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I just finished binging season 2 and holy poo poo I can't wait for season 3. The finale was awesome, Glomtales was extremely funny and I hope they let Bugtime keep his new spider friends.

Gyro's clone gag was telegraphed from a billion miles away, but I still gasped when it happend