Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

side_burned posted:

Do we have any confirmation of the Terror That Flaps in the Night showing up?

Fake edit: Does Fenton still activate the Gizmo Duck armor by saying blathering blatherskite?

Darkwing Duck is gonna show up, we just don't know when or in what capacity. https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/07/24/ducktales-san-diego-comic-con/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

re: the Paperinik discussion, what I'M hoping for is for this series to finally give us Maui Mallard's next adventure that I've been looking out for for two decades

Donald Duck has a lot of loving weird alter egos.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Actually might be some potential contrast there if Donald and Goofy are old friends, and while Goofy's settled into suburban life with mere sitcom shenanigans, Donald can't manage to escape the full-on adventuring lifestyle.

I'm only half-kidding when I say I want to see Donald and Goofy offhandedly reference their old buddy Sora to their kids when they inevitably do a Goof Troop episode

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This episode is basically exactly what I want this show to be. The last few episodes have been fine but Disney really screwed the pooch by airing them all together and they would've worked much better with episodes like this between them.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I liked the Mark Beaks character more than I thought I would. I was expecting a very shallow "millennials and their phones, am I right?" character but he seems like he's willfully playing into that stereotype for personal gain. I like that he shows a lot of competency and he has a strong poker face but also does genuinely seem like kind of an idiot; it's hard to determine when he's being a scheming Kickstarter fraudster putting on airs of a hip Silicon Valley CEO, or when he's very sincerely diving off a building to catch a cellphone. It seems like to some degree he's so fake that it loops around and becomes real. I was expecting him to just be a really lovely Simpsons guest star character but there's meat on the character's hooks.

I really like the show but I wish they'd dial back the focus on humor juuust a little bit and let the plots play out. This was kind of a flaw I had with Gravity Falls, the mystery and supernatural elements were compelling and the jokes were generally pretty good, but at times it felt like the jokes were overshadowing things when they shouldn't be. By the end when Gravity Falls started taking itself seriously it felt a little... off in some ways because it hadn't given itself enough time to breathe at earlier points. This show has a lot of strong ideas but it feels like it's still trying to find some direction. I'm optimistic that they can find it, because this show really feels like it could become something great.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 22, 2017

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I really liked today's episode, this one kind of assuaged the fears I've had. The jokes didn't feel at odds with the plot in this one and it basically felt exactly like I'd want a modernized Ducktales to feel. I'm confident that they Get It now.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

proud to have unlocked the new trailer

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This was the first time I was side-eyeing one of this show's character revamp decisions, so seeing this post was honestly pretty reassuring. I have more than enough faith that they'll take the character somewhere fun from this starting point.

Man I love this cartoon

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Aside from Webby being such a great character I really can't believe how well they make Della work. There is so much that could go wrong with the idea of introducing Donald Duck's Long Lost Sister but she's just perfect, the most laughs I got out of the last few episodes were all Della-related

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

If you had given me a list of episode synopses and told me to pick the one that seemed the most like filler I probably would have guessed this one, but they clearly spent like 5000000 years animating the poo poo out of this one. New episode was a blast.

It's funny how "the characters go to Japan and there's anime robot fights" is like a long-running stock western cartoon plot, but this is probably the first time I've seen it done where it felt very fun instead of embarrassing, likely because modern cartoonists are much more likely to have actually at least visited Japan once in their lifetime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Really appreciated that we got that tiny Maui Mallard joke with Della picking up the Hawaiian shirt and saying "What is this, 1996?"

But I am very sad that if we had gotten a fourth season we probably would have gotten a Maui Mallard episode outright with Donald's globetrotting adventures with Daisy, May and June. We were so close to finally watching out for Maui's next adventure and denied again.