Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yil4aK4JE4

I wonder if the finnish dub'll have the same lyrics

I've got no idea when's the last time Disney's dubbed any of its series in Finnish (Gravity Falls for example just aired subtitled on the Disney Channel), so probably no sequel to the world's most easily misheard cartoon song lyrics. I don't think there's really a big enough of an audience for a dub anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Actually, I think the black sailor shirt is probably because of black and white newspaper comics, it works better for representing blue than any of the alternatives. Presumably once Donald transitioned over to color comics world they just kept his shirt black there too, for consistency's sake and it stuck around.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Arguably all their series suffer from it some degree, but Star Vs. for example has got it surprisingly light. Its biggest problem is the hiatuses after each batch of episodes and the complete lack of communication on when the show will return. Gravity Falls meanwhile was a hot mess, but that's as much down to the production lagging behind schedule as it is Disney scheduling voodoo.

There's no excuse for Ducktales, though. It's their new big name cartoon, was doing incredibly well and here we are, on a nonsense hiatus with no idea when it'll start airing again. Oh except it is airing, in countries that aren't the US. Where they're already showing new episodes. From the second half of the season, which is no doubt complete if it's getting dubbed already.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

This is weird. I assume they're gonna do the whole rest of the season too, like they did with Star last year in February. But that still doesn't add up since the season is like, 20 or something episodes total, so I guess they're just gonna do a bunch of reruns while they're at it and the new ones will be aired on some sort of completely random schedule in the mess because this is Disney.

Also Disney XD seems to be on track to shutting down so it's not that much of a surprise Ducktales is hopping over too. Hopefully Disney Channel's S&P are as loose as XD's have been recently, though. It'd suck to go back to some of the stupidity they used to do.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Specifically because a movie is in the pipeline.

It's almost certainly going to be CGI imposed on live action, I'm sorry.

Specifically because there's a movie in development hell, actually.

Anyway, the new episode was great and frankly a lot better than a bunch of others this season. Hoping the trend continues.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

J-Spot posted:

Did Dan and Disney have a falling out? He doesn't voice the Genie anymore either.

IIRC, the Simpsons VAs have to sign a bunch of non-compete clauses to make the kind of money they do, so the real reason is probably just contractual stuff preventing him from appearing in other cartoons or sitcoms or whatever.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Donald owns and he should be in the show much more. Right now it feels like they slapped him in the promotional material for the sake of making people interested without actually having any plans to really utilize the character for anything other than dumb slapstick gags. It's doing a total disservice to the Donald established by the Barks and Rosa comics, despite the showrunners' claims about taking influence specifically from there.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

HIJK posted:

I am betting that Della was trying to move against Magica de Spell and was trying to protect her family from the witch. Of course now Scrooge is alone and unprotected from Magica and Lena already knows the layout of the manor thanks to Webby, and Della won't be there to bail him out this time.

I sincerely hope they don't undercut their own storytelling by pulling something like this. They've been working hard to establish Della as Scrooge's favorite, but also built her up in the comics to make her flaws more interesting. If they then pull a "actually she didn't do anything wrong" card it'll feel incredibly weak and basically entirely negate her character flaws. It'd also undercut Scrooge's arc - he's been built up as being stubborn yet having a lot of guilt over Della, while still not wanting to face the fact that Donald was right and he should've never built the drat rocket in the first place. If it turns out Della had some really deep purpose for taking the rocket before it was ready, then it'll just mean Scrooge was absolutely justified in the end, and his apparent favoritism of Della had absolutely no negative effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Donald's VA has been the same guy for years, iirc, and he's gotten pretty good at adjusting how intelligible Donald is meant to be from scene to scene, even line to line. He switches a lot between his various characterisations, and I think it's implied he'll show more signs of his comic book incarnation in the season finale.

Yeah, and given this it seems like Donald being more unintelligible than usual in this series may be intentional just for the sake of the VA joke in the upcoming season finale. Hopefully that'll be the end of it and we actually get to see him more in the second season because it's real dumb how he's even in the intro when he's basically nowhere to be seen in most of the adventures.