Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Some of the best cooking in the world is what happens when peasants have to make do with whatever the rich people didn't want to eat, but the inhabitants of the British isles manage to resist this.

Ox-tail soup is pretty loving great...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

I mean it was also all a year ago and nothing's come of it. I looked to see if there was anything new and while he did admit he went to rehab for alcohol problems, that's about it.

Despite the news having been on their usual 24/7 Trump kick, this was all back in April and May of 2019.

Other than the judge (apparently) dismissing the claims, we don't have anything else to go by.

IIRC he himself admitted to hurting a dog to punish his kids for something, so as far as I'm concerned he can gently caress right off.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

I looked into that too and that's one of the things his ex wife claimed he did but he never admitted to it. He and his wife have restraining orders against each other until 3-9-2022 and must stay 100 yards away from one another (this doesn't include child visitation time). Jim has primary custody of the kids and his wife didn't like that so she said he raped her and abused the dog to try to discredit him and get the kids back. The judge bitched both of them out for not putting the kids first.

Granted, no one knows except for those two what exactly happened but considering what Disney did to James Gunn just 2 months later for 10 year old tweets, I think they would dig as deep as a corporation can to figure out if it's true. So far, they've never distanced themselves from him though.

I really like him too so I hope it's not true, but to me at least, it sounds like some crazy bitter divorce plus restraining orders on both sides with both sides being selfish and not thinking of their kids before they go all at war with each other.

Considering the judge told them that they were both guilty of abuse and ordered mutual domestic violence restraining orders I'm struggling to get anywhere close to him being innocent.

As for the dog abuse, I got that directly from him. When the wife first went public with her claims he made a post somewhere claiming innocence, and as part of that explained how "all he did was". I can't remember the specifics but I remember being pretty drat horrified that anyone would do this, much less think so little of doing it that they would think people would be OK with it. I'm guessing his lawyers agreed with me and had him remove it because I can't find the post anymore.

Fake edit; found a story that at least mentions his admission:

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00135969.html

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Isn't there a Christmas special from the 50's that still gets aired every year as a big event over there?

From a few days ago:

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/tv/i/oA6Lva/donald-duck-og-vennene-hans-er-reddet-paa-nrk