Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Phil Anselmo is knocking it out of the park as Donald. Turns out he does have a varied emotional range besides "smug satisfaction" and "anger".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Take an idea. Make it your own. Never finish it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want Scrooge to tell the story about how he met Teddy Roosevelt and at the end you see Webby calculating how old that would make Scrooge.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Inescapable Duck posted:

Third episode especially seems to show they're de-emphasising Scrooge's cheapness in favour of his adventurous spirit (Just as well, because stingy rich has become a LOT less sympathetic in the last decade)

Scrooge being against laying employees off is a good characterization choice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

amigolupus posted:

It's super unlikely given the modern setting, but I would like to see Teddy Roosevelt from the Rosa comics since he's one of the few people Scrooge likes and might call his friend.

Scrooge tells the family about his youth in the old west and that time he got into a fight with Teddy Roosevelt in a flashback episode.

Cut back to the modern day at the end and you see Webby desperately trying to do the math on Scrooge's age.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

At least a couple comics acknowledged Donald's service in WW2, including the fact that he has at least some form of PTSD from it

I mean yeah working in a Nazi munitions factory would screw anybody up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Radish posted:

This show feels like a mashup of Venture Bros and Gravity Falls. I'm not saying that's bad.

"The kids never die, Gyro."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Inescapable Duck posted:

I still say a competent Hank Venture.

She's a huge Darkwing fan and once jumped off the mansion roof dressed like him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

nerdbot posted:

I'm only half-kidding when I say I want to see Donald and Goofy offhandedly reference their old buddy Sora to their kids when they inevitably do a Goof Troop episode

"Gawrsh Donald, it's been like eight loving years."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Symbolic Butt posted:

I like new Glomgold but I feel like how people feel about new Gyro: It doesn't feel like the same character at all.

Glomgold was a nasty bastard, I guess it's hard to keep the series upbeat and fun with a character like that.

I mean he did leave his employees, four children, and a senior citizen to drown in the first episode, that's pretty loving metal.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Infinitum posted:

This is basically Disney Venture Bros

I love it

"Mrs. Beakley? Yeah, we're trapped in a cliche, can you get us out of here?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Think of how many potential adventures in exotic locales one can have when your pilot has a "successful flight" rating of .244. Oh no, Launchpad crashed the plane on the moon, whatever shall we do.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, Unca Scrooge," says Dewey as he puts on his Che shirt.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

X_Toad posted:

does he see his employees as the first adjustment variables like so many modern CEOs do,

He hasn't fired Launchpad yet so probably not.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scrooge fondly looks back to his early days as a businessman, when he had the Harding administration in his back pocket.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Donald's wizard career didn't work out so he came crawling back to adventuring to put food on the table.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is Rockerduck

"John Rockerduck, owner of the Duckberg Duckerdome!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is it established how Glomgold made his money?

Worked for it like Scrooge, but Glomgold is much more liable to make dirty deals and engage in some criminal enterprise.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Usually Scrooge's sister Matilda is the one taking care of the castle. Wonder if she's still kicking around.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Della heard there was sweet-rear end music on the moon and wanted to go there immediately.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

J33uk posted:

It's not like he has a friend who's a Sorcerer's Apprentice or anything.

Donald himself is a wizard.

Just a really really bad one.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's always the classic "we couldn't get this actor with the deep distinctive voice" move of just having Corey Burton be Shere Khan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

nine-gear crow posted:

And David Werner! :eng101: Dude was busy during Kingdom Hearts II so Burton subbed in for Sark using his Shockwave voice, which was based off Werner to begin with.

The funny part about that is that apparently Warner was totally up for playing Sark and the MCP again, they just didn't bother asking him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Some Numbers posted:

Who'd they have in KH that needed Tony Jay's voice? Did they eventually do a Hunchback world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxarSaJC30I

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

Yeah in the 3DS game. He also did the voice of Ansem the Wise in the games they couldn't get Christopher Lee for. Dude's got a pretty impressive range I'll give him that.

Burton played Count Dooku in the Clone Wars cartoon; they brought in Christopher Lee to play Dooku in the Clone Wars pilot movie. Lee heard Burton do some lines in his Dooku voice and turned around to ask the directors why they paid out the nose for him when Burton does a pitch-perfect impression of his voice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The next time Magica shows up, I want Donald to break out all his wizard powers.

And then continually cast Curaga in lieu of doing anything useful.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's at least one story that goes with the idea that Scrooge is so kickass that the dime has developed magical properties because of it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Donald will of course be the Doctor Strange equivalent.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Basically all we need now is Goofy showing up an reminiscing about those multiverse adventures they went on with "that nice boy".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So was it Della that came up with the triplets' names or did Donald curse them himself?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scrooge is still pissed he didn't get that set of bagpipes he wanted.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

kefkafloyd posted:

Lena's a Stand now, she needs to change her name to something like Fleetwood Quack.

This is my Stand, [ DUCK DUNN ].

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Donald ends up in Traverse Town.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lunaris: We could not defeat the McDuck clan. To challenge them, is to court...death.
*Xanatos turns around and smiles*

amigolupus posted:

If Panchito and Jose are Donald's old college buddies/bandmates, I'm curious how he and Goofy know each other. I just hope they talk about having to babysit a kid with a thing for keys at some point. :v:

"Gawrsh Donald, remember when I loving died?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Huey Long, surely.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

As we all know, souls are only legal tender in Undead Burg.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pakled posted:

Running out of ideas using the English lyrics, they start using the famous misheard Finnish lyrics, and the theme for season 4 will be "Your school's stupid, your school's baha"

The McDuck family fights a Taco Nazi.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Drake and Goslyn can move into Scrooge's place.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scrooge was right, loving hippies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Corey Burton owns, he does such a good Christopher Lee that even Christopher Lee was like "why shell out the money for me when this guy does the job just as well?"