Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I came across two of these panels while browsing TVTropes and really enjoyed them

from Universal Solvent

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I really liked how Scrooge gave the decoy dime to Louie at the end of The Great Dime Chase. It also figures that he wouldn't hold onto it. It reminds me of the time I stood in line at the bank for 30 minutes to try to collect a Kennedy half dollar, put it in the place where I keep the coins I use for bus fare, then accidentally spent it on the way home

Stitched together version of the pan through the Della section of the library from the end

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 25, 2017

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

When Cousin Fethry was saying "wait, how do I become a scientist?" I was thinking "step 1. go to college and get a degree" so when Glomgold gave his presentation involving building robot fish "after we go to community college and get our engineering degrees" it was great

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wonder, with all the focus they're giving to Della, will there ever be a bit where they address whatever happened to the Vanderquacks?

And for that matter, why exactly are the Ducks living with Scrooge? Are they just visiting for the holiday, or did their parents go missing so that they could start the weird nephew chain of familial relation without genuine responsibility all the earlier?

Donald's nephews' dad is probably dead and their mom is on the Moon. Then Donald's nephews accidentally set his houseboat on fire when he was away trying to get a job, and then the repaired houseboat was destroyed in the first season finale. Now Donald has repaired the houseboat again, between seasons, but the family rift has healed so now they're staying because they consider Scrooge close family.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 5, 2018

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

maybe it was a Gravity Falls type situation over the winter break

edit: nah, they wouldn't still be there on Christmas

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

nsfw for audio and lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPcBI4CJc8

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Beachcomber posted:

Double post for theorizing.

My fear is that Violet is going to be the Huey of the group, relegating Webby to a Dewey role, where she's no longer the insanely knowledgeable one, but instead the adventurous one, with Lena providing the rebellion and devil-may-care attitude.

So as it stands, to me Violet is either superfluous or an actively bad addition.

2 episodes to go, saving them until my wife gets home.

Yeah, that was about the same opinion I had (for now). I can see the reasoning of "the more the merrier" and Webby having a new friend outside the McDuck clan, and it was a fun episode in and of itself, though.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 29, 2019

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

DoctorWhat posted:

I can't see Goofy on the poster.

Up and to the right of Scrooge, on a line through Mrs. Beakley and Violet

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

ikanreed posted:

We did all notice the vultures in FOWL were the same as his board right?

No one mentioned it but it was pretty obvious and maybe not worth remarking on?

Yeah. I'd think Scrooge would notice if the vultures were actually stealing from him under his nose, so I'm curious what angle they've had working for Scrooge all this time, if any. If they're spies, what has FOWL been doing with the information?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I'm guessing that the first scene of My First Adventure takes place around 1980, give or take two years, because of the Rubik's cube. It was an incredible episode. The villains were great, and I laughed out loud at Donald's and Della's panicked expressions near the cliff

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 23, 2020

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Oh, I meant only the scene before the themesong, because of Bradford not being bald in that scene

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

a good episode for Thanksgiving week :cheeky:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's strange because one of the reasons I dug up old Disney cartoons a few years ago was because of the incredibly vibrant, detailed watercolor backgrounds and foregrounds that you get only from a pre-movie short budget, like in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlmdWP0Y8e4&t=48s

and they're going to take away what that makes it even slightly interesting. There's no reason for anyone with any sense of awareness, as in old enough to be aware of the concept of the average quality of a direct-to-video sequel, to watch something bland with nothing going for it other than brand when they could be watching something original.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 20, 2021

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I liked the moment on "The Life and Crimes of Scrooge McDuck" when he used a "divide and conquer" goad like a villain and then things got worse from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

That end credit animation was theater-movie quality