Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Frank Argones was explicit about this on his tumblr:

They even did it on the Greek myth episode too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Probably a lot of directions they could go with Cape Suzette. I'm reminded of it being a bit of a unique setting at the time as, iirc, a nonspecific Pacific island location. Maybe around south-east Asia? They did encounter (rather offensive) analogues to China and Soviet Russia. Though also inland areas resembling frontier USA. Ah, cartoon geography. (let alone the implication that the triplets were taking the houseboat there from Duckburg, which raises its own set of questions. They're usually not naive, after all)
I saw Cape Suzette as a San Francisco analog, with King Louie's being somewhere in the South Pacific. Like when Cape Suzette is invaded by Pandas in that one episode.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...and is that a child Mark beaks? Did he decide to beat Scrooge at his own game by recruiting his own nephew?

Speculation I've seen is that it's a robot. Kind of an Astroboy type situation.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
He put at least one slap bracelet on that dog. What a good patient dog. Where's the existential horror about dogs and dog people coexisting?