Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sockser posted:

2. Since apparently the entire Disney vault is useable, that also means they could maybe use some of the weird stuff like Quackshot or Maui Mallard, right?

Dewey(?) straight up mentioned Cape Suzette in the first couple scenes so I'm hoping we get some Tale Spin in this. Also whatever Launchpad is flying looks a lot like the seaduck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Y'all know your cartoon airplanes, I'll give you that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X_Toad posted:

I'm now very curious to see the way in which Webby's grappling hook is introduced in the show. Maybe it's another skill taught to her by her grandma? And speaking of, I'm now imagining adult Webby with her grandmother's physique... the girl has some catching up to do!

Oh I'm sure the internet has already taken care of that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think Webby's original characterization was all that bad, although it did dwell too much in stereotypes. I think she had more character than the triplet gestalt at least. I guess it does fit to redo her if they're actually going to make the triplets into characters.

I still feel like all the kids have got to be like twice their old age from what they're doing.

You hit part of the problem with old Webby right there, I could swear in the original she was like toddler aged which of course isn't really going to be a great girl character since she's inherently written even more childish.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is this what posts in the comic books forum are like?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

RandomPauI posted:

My sis is coming over to watch the pilot, what else should we watch?

I mean if Ducktales is the theme for the night, there's always that 2 parter where they do the Odyssey.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Didn't particularly like the design for the beagle boys but I'm always glad to see character actress Margo Martindale in something.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I would be very ok with not seeing Mark Duckerberg again but I have a feeling he's not going anywhere. They nailed what they were going for too well.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Who cares.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Schwarzwald posted:

Webby, when riding on a public bus, excitedly points out how amazing it is that a dog can wear a tie. The bus driver, who is a dog, throws her off.

You might not care what specific species of animal each character is, but the characters in the show care about it quite a lot.

If they didn't want me calling him Mark Duckerberg then they shouldn't have made him an rear end in a top hat techbro wiener named Mark who lives in Duckberg. That's all I'm saying.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

tsob posted:

When is Ducktales back on a regular schedule again? Or will it just be perpetually kicked around the calendar by Disney?

Welcome to Disney scheduling. Not too long ago they took to dumping 2 new episodes of Star Wars Rebels at like 3 am or some dumb poo poo.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SlothfulCobra posted:

It seems like every series does that kind of poo poo these days. I know streaming services tend to promote viewing in batches, but I don't see any other reason to be so irregular.

Kids are the main audience and kids will gladly watch reruns forever. I'm sure whatever arcane logic Disney bases their release schedule on has a lot of money and very smart people behind figuring out the optimal rate at which to trickle out content.

It'll be interesting to see if anything changes when they roll out their streaming service.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X_Toad posted:

Are there recent series aside from Gravity Falls (and apparently Ducktales?)that have suffered from that scheduling voodoo? Or is it just something they do for series that are only lightly serialized? Because I didn't hear anything about such schedules for Star Wars Rebels.

Nah they dicked around with Rebels real hard too, it's just what Disney does.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Omobono posted:

Let me get this straight, after a four months and an half hiatus we're getting 31 episodes in a row once per day?
:psyduck:
Who the hell set this schedule, an army of monkeys on typewriters?

Am I interpreting that tweet correctly? Am I missing something? Technically they did not promise new episodes but I don't think it matches the spirit of this announcement.

It doesn't say there will be NEW episodes every day in may, just episodes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Or some new order that makes less sense in new and excitingly confusing ways!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

If they bring back Tale Spin as its own show I will be so so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

tribbledirigible posted:

It bothers me that I am Donald Duck.

This but my sister hasn't dumped 3 kids on me, so there's that i guess.