Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Doc Morbid posted:

It's just really weird seeing such a dark joke in a Donald Duck comic of all things.

That's my cue to drag out this old favorite:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Did Dan and Disney have a falling out? He doesn't voice the Genie anymore either.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Which is why I've always found it weird that Goofy was allowed to be a single dad. I'm not saying that's bad, in fact it's great! A Goofy movie is one of the best movies about fatherhood I've ever seen. It's just kind of strange that everyone else is Aunts and Uncles and then you have Goofy with an actual canonical child.

There may be some massive Goof Comics universe that I'm unaware of, but I think Goofy was always a less well-defined character than the others. The current conception of the character probably owes more to his 90's portrayals than anything else in his 86 year history. He was just sort of the clumsy sidekick character in the early cartoons who didn't have the depth to even bother giving any sort of family. Later then they retooled him into this sort of "every man" character which was the first time they played with him having a son. I think he kind of disappeared for awhile beyond cameos before Goof Troop came in and more or less combined the old clumsy Goofy with the suburban father character.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, is Tress MacNeille still voicing Daisy? It sort of sounded like her but I’m not entirely sure.

Yup, that's her.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Was that Bebe Neuwirth?!

Also yes.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I'm really not sure why Chip and Dale are this hill that the Disney Brand have chosen to die on. Are the chipmunks super popular in some non-English speaking market to the point where they're terrified of diluting the brand?

Could be! When I went to Japan a couple years back I noticed a ton of Chip & Dale merchandise. The weird thing was it almost always included Clarice, a female chipmunk who appeared in one theatrical short from the 50’s and nothing else.