Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Looks like a cosplayer rather than the man (dog?) himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The part about reflecting Magica's Magic was in the poem from Lena's diary.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

The problem with making a continuation of Gargoyles is there's a handful of very mistaken people who think that a third season of the original show exists. For some reason.

However it absolutely does not and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

I think the problem with a continuation is that all the post-show information written by the creator about where plotlines were supposed to head all sounded like badly written fanfiction trash :colbert:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Brooklyn becomes a time-hopping badass with a katana and an asian waifu!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

I longingly think back to a time before I knew this, several seconds ago. Those were simpler, happier times back then.

I have been reminded, and felt you need to know, that his asian waifu was even named Katana. :negative:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

tsob posted:

What's wrong with the remaster? Admittedly I haven't played the older one, but the remaster seemed like a decent enough game.

The biggest crime for me is they took away all the exploration aspects and turned it into a very, very linear experience.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

tsob posted:

I'm listening to some guys discuss the original game on a podcast at the moment and it does seem to be a somewhat different experience; they talk about hidden treasures, slight different endings and a few other small things for instance, but a lot of the actual gameplay and events seems identical. I wouldn't have thought it made that much difference really.

It basically changes the genre of the game! Imagine if Metroid only had a single path through it. Imagine if Skyrim only had the main questline to go through. Imagine you were reading a normal novel instead of a CYOA.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

By changing it to a better game. And there is still quite a bit of exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Alacron posted:

If you're older than Launchpad, please join me in screaming into your pillows.

:smith: :hf: :smith: