Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
Game presentation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQxpJJuMrn4
One Year Development Recap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxvmZTtnFHo

Dean Hall sold his creative right of DayZ game to Bohemia Interactive and with that money founded own developer studio "RocketWerkz" where he aborted his first game ION for another one - Stationeers. Which is hybrid between Space Station 13 and Space Engineers that involves heavily complex systems (Factorio style), atmospheric simulation, heat exchange, physics or gravity. Which looks something like this for now - https://clips.twitch.tv/DelightfulFineCatFUNgineer

You can keep you eye on developing procces on tube via streams, like this recent one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoexKnAvLao
Or at Steam store - http://store.steampowered.com/app/544550/Stationeers/

Please help in keeping this thread updated.

Здравствуйте! This is my gaming video channel with thick Russian accent - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7bdvXtjexnJ7doOCSYvmZg

Aydjile fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
first blog - http://steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/2311890222390292393

DEAN
SUCK
maneuver

Aydjile fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 29, 2017

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
From PAX Australia came out revelation about mothership in the game. Please feel free to leave hateful comments in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T61hcI0cY2I

Plus, this week blog regarding mothership - http://steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/1453961373396538320

Aydjile fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 29, 2017

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
Please inform Dean of your opinion regarding his pre-release strategy -
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfMycxNF70_oxcXDUrn90PvqJ6wHWfNmCrNAYNA5dELEkUNCg/viewform

Aydjile fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 29, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I'm amazed Dean permits comments on his YouTube channel.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

Three-Phase posted:

I'm amazed Dean permits comments on his YouTube channel.

i don't see why he should do otherwise. since the prolonged delay of SA belong to management of bohemia interactive. after he sold off his creative rights. therefore keeping his hands clean of this mess.
as regarding for angry comments from mama's little princesses who thinks that this world owes them something, well - ЛИКБЕЗ
but let's slide those peanuts away. we have AMA from dean - https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/7iywlx/were_launching_stationeers_in_under_48_hours_ama/

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
it's out. get your nerves on

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Da, da.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

But is there a clown job I can have?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Alrighty, how many goons out there have this game? Let's get some moon/space stations going!
SteamID: Alehkhs

Quicksilver6 posted:

But is there a clown job I can have?

Not until mods are available.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

SteamID: AlpineSA

Someone please tell me how to use control panels.

E: YOU HAVE TO ADD GLASS PANELS. I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 15, 2017

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

-Zydeco- posted:

SteamID: AlpineSA

Someone please tell me how to use control panels.

E: YOU HAVE TO ADD GLASS PANELS. I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT.

Beyond the panel, did you get it figured out? I assume you're trying to do an airlock? Setting that up to work can be a bit weird the first time.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

Beyond the panel, did you get it figured out? I assume you're trying to do an airlock? Setting that up to work can be a bit weird the first time.

Nah I was just fooling around for five minutes before I had to leave for work when I got the glass brainstorm. I get to figure out how to use the panels once I get home.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/941995306182262785

But I'm still trying to perfect my furnace... :negative:

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I'm gonna pick this up this week, has anyone tried any multiplayer yet or is everyone still just figuring out the basics? Is there dedicated server support yet? Or does it just use steam multiplayer?

Switched.on fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 16, 2017

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Switched.on posted:

I'm gonna pick this up this week, has anyone tried any multiplayer yet or is everyone still just figuring out the basics? Is there dedicated server support yet?

There is apparently some dedicated server support in place currently, though I've not fiddled around with multiplayer yet. A goonbase server could be fun times if enough of us were interested.

I DO know that because sleepers aren't currently implemented, your avatar will likely die if you leave them somewhere unsecured on a dedicated server (they remain present even when you are logged off).

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Ah that's an interesting take on player persistence haha.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Switched.on posted:

I'm gonna pick this up this week, has anyone tried any multiplayer yet or is everyone still just figuring out the basics? Is there dedicated server support yet? Or does it just use steam multiplayer?

yes, I have blown up/destroyed many moonbases already

it's a little too easy to be fun though at this point, and I don't trust rando people on servers

advise passwording/playing with friends if you actually want to make a thing, or save often

dedicated doesn't really work out because the server can sometimes bug out and stop working and you really need the host to roll back to an earlier save etc

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Yeah, the developers recommend using hosted games over dedicated servers for the time being.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve
we need more logic in this thread

Aydjile fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 18, 2017

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

I literally spent last evening hooking my solar grid up to a logic computer, but I'm excited to give this a try now.

I should probably get life support finished first though...

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I'm digging this game so far, but it's pretty under documented. The game is like a trial and error sandbox, but the potential is off the charts. I haven't selved into the logic circuit that they added yet, but an really hoping they expand the computer based logic. Adding something as simple as 'time passed' to the conditions and being able to group multiple items would be a huge quality of life improvement.

Also, are there any lights that don't suck right now??

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Uncle Spriggly posted:

I'm digging this game so far, but it's pretty under documented. The game is like a trial and error sandbox, but the potential is off the charts. I haven't selved into the logic circuit that they added yet, but an really hoping they expand the computer based logic. Adding something as simple as 'time passed' to the conditions and being able to group multiple items would be a huge quality of life improvement.

Also, are there any lights that don't suck right now??

Hall has said a clock chip or somesuch is in the works I think.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Anyone else having a bug where if you disassemble a console and rebuild it it is stuck as whatever it was originally built as? I'm not sure if it was the circuit board or the console body, though I think it was the body, but the only fix I could find was to throw both the circuit card and body away and start with new ones.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

-Zydeco- posted:

Anyone else having a bug where if you disassemble a console and rebuild it it is stuck as whatever it was originally built as? I'm not sure if it was the circuit board or the console body, though I think it was the body, but the only fix I could find was to throw both the circuit card and body away and start with new ones.

Didn't register with me right away, but this is possibly (should be?) the circuit board not being set back to default/reprogrammed with the data disk you start with. Plus, circuit boards are task-specific, so using one that used to be an airlock for an atmospherics job won't work.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

Didn't register with me right away, but this is possibly (should be?) the circuit board not being set back to default/reprogrammed with the data disk you start with. Plus, circuit boards are task-specific, so using one that used to be an airlock for an atmospherics job won't work.

I was using the correct circuit boards, but it seemed that some console would get stuck on one function. For example I had two monitors set up to measure pressure and temperature in a room and while one would switch back and forth with no issue and read correctly the other wouldn't recognize the gas sensor on the circuit or switch out of pressure mode.
I'll have to try and replicate the issue and see if I can figure out the cause.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Alehkhs posted:

I literally spent last evening hooking my solar grid up to a logic computer, but I'm excited to give this a try now.

I should probably get life support finished first though...

I was up until 4AM doing the same thing last night. Adding the states through that GUI is loving horrible and takes forever. Finished it up and found out it gulps down power like a bitcoin miner and drained the small battery I had in the power controller long before dawn.

Switching to the logic unit method, they probably draw way less power and are definitely better at optimizing power collection and easier to extend to multiple panels. Probably faster to set up as well.

I'm liking the game but the amount of UI twiddling to get poo poo done is painful even after I've gotten used to it with 8 hours of play.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
It's kind of not worth pursuing computer controlled panels til you get steel and can make a battery. I use the solar controller circuit in a console to control them all manually during the first phase, you just gotta make sure that there is an APC between your solar panels and the console power (roll middle mouse when placing a console) or else it has a 0% chance of functionality.

I'm wondering if anyone has setup conveyers and automated manufacturing yet? I was about to start but without a chest at minimum there really is no reason to automate anything but smelting in the arc furnace. The game really doesn't seem to require components for recipes, only refined materials so it must must just be required for something later.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Uncle Spriggly posted:

It's kind of not worth pursuing computer controlled panels til you get steel and can make a battery. I use the solar controller circuit in a console to control them all manually during the first phase, you just gotta make sure that there is an APC between your solar panels and the console power (roll middle mouse when placing a console) or else it has a 0% chance of functionality.

I'm wondering if anyone has setup conveyers and automated manufacturing yet? I was about to start but without a chest at minimum there really is no reason to automate anything but smelting in the arc furnace. The game really doesn't seem to require components for recipes, only refined materials so it must must just be required for something later.

I think part of that is the construction devices are tiered and end products can themselves be made of components manually, like putting logic boards in a computer or console.

e: Got the logic board solar controller working and it's so much better and less painful than using a computer with manually configured states. Adding more solar panels just involves adding one addition I/O writer per panel and it just works. It also uses a fraction of the power.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

RandomBlue posted:

Got the logic board solar controller working and it's so much better and less painful than using a computer with manually configured states. Adding more solar panels just involves adding one addition I/O writer per panel and it just works. It also uses a fraction of the power.

Yeah, it's pretty great.

Edit: And the most recent patch just introduced Batch Writers, so a single writer can control every panel on a network.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 20, 2017

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I like this game, how can I play it with you guys?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Jorge Bell posted:

I like this game, how can I play it with you guys?

We've got a play by email game going since release. So far none of us have made it to the starting construction chests yet but it's going to be super awesome when we do this June.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

We should probably open a Discord room. Is there a Goon Games Discord? All I'm finding is the old Mumble server.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Use this room for now.

https://discord.gg/rPKjGJZ

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I learned two things today:

1) You can put floor grates down over logic units and wires to create a smooth, walkable surface.

2) Filling a room with hydrogen and oxygen and turning on your welding torch does exactly what you would expect it to do.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Atmospherics done:

Onward to hydroponics! :science:

EDIT: I got distracted on my way to hydroponics, and instead consolidated my atmospherics computing:

That's the same setup, just crammed into the space of a single frame.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 26, 2017

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

This is a really fun game and I'm surprised it's not more popular.

Also I wish there was a rover or ore finder circuitboard for my tablet that I could build in survival because finding copper is a real loving issue.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
That'd be sick, I hope they add some sort of automated mining / resource gathering. It's kinda the worst part of the game at the moment.

Anyone build a mothership yet? Is it just a fun goofy thing to build at this point?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Uncle Spriggly posted:

That'd be sick, I hope they add some sort of automated mining / resource gathering. It's kinda the worst part of the game at the moment.

Anyone build a mothership yet? Is it just a fun goofy thing to build at this point?

I don't think motherships are fully implemented yet.

As for auto-mining, there's talk of using the logic and/or state systems to create bots for that purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alehkhs posted:

I don't think motherships are fully implemented yet.

As for auto-mining, there's talk of using the logic and/or state systems to create bots for that purpose.

Sorry guys I accidentally set all the bots to mine people. Honk.

• Locked thread