Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
slughead42
Feb 21, 2011

I love this song, Joey, by Concrete Blonde, and I was happy with the way this cover of it turned out. I don't think I've ever recorded on a nicer microphone.

https://soundcloud.com/spencer-fran...r-of-a-concrete

If I've managed to get the link wrong, I apologize in advance. 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Frankendoggo LIVES

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

A client has been paying me to make these little congrats stickers for the last year and a half or so, not all of them turn out great but I really like this little worm I animated.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

This is the first cartoon by my friend and I which I don't think sucks. There's a few others, including a prequel of this, but they're only levels of alright to me now. Anyways enjoy my cartoon gun ducks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I sculpted these mini planchettes and cast them in resin. They're addons for a Kickstarter I'm running, and I got a whole bunch of pledges when I added the first one (the orange on the left). I'm adding the purple one tonight and hoping people like it just as much.

The orange one has simpler colours (orange + pink resin, gold + bronze + pink mica added before and after casting). The pinky one is pink resin, three blends of mica (blue+interference blue, purple+interference violet, pink+interference red) applied before casting, plus bronze mica applied after casting. I'm going for a dawn/dusk theme (and am trying to make a night variant too, but it's really hard to find a nice colour scheme for that, surprisingly).

They're around 4x4cm, and the masters were cut out of layered cardboard don't do this oh my god cardboard is the worst medium ever I am just a masochist and then moulded in silicone, then a resin master was cast and refined (read: heavily sanded for days and days because cardboard is a trash medium).

I hadn't done any resin work for years before this, and I''m really, really enjoying it, and really happy with how this project turned out!

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

I made a terrible framed picture for my friend recovering in the hospital, he follows Juventus and is a fan of Ronaldo:

I regret nothing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's not terrible at all you silly moo, it's great

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

How does that sound?

Illegal Hen

Such amazing creative stuff in this thread.

I haven't drawn or painted pictures since school, but had a strong inspiration during a recent period of relationship turbulence and pushed myself to produce something that expressed the uncertain yet ultimately optimistic emotions I was feeling:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

I like to take pictures of toys, it's kind of my way to justify this dumb hobby. Give it some kind of creative purpose besides being put on a shelf.

I took this one today with a set and I'm pretty proud of it. It was the last set up I did. Also using my roommates really dope camera too, which is getting my creative juices flowing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

That looks super dope.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Clear off, fatso, this is a respectable establishment

Lipstick Apathy

ynohtna posted:

Such amazing creative stuff in this thread.

I haven't drawn or painted pictures since school, but had a strong inspiration during a recent period of relationship turbulence and pushed myself to produce something that expressed the uncertain yet ultimately optimistic emotions I was feeling:

Late I know but I really love this! Please keep it up.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009

I love this creepy drowning painting I did.
https://i.imgur.com/g78n5yp.jpg

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos

Lighthouse renders I did for a client a couple months ago. For doing this between my two day jobs, was able to push the quality higher than expected. Still not entirely happy with the end result, but I am proud of it!

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.

I was commissioned to draw this recently and it's my favorite drawing I've done in quite a while:

gmc9987 posted:

A client has been paying me to make these little congrats stickers for the last year and a half or so, not all of them turn out great but I really like this little worm I animated.

This is adorable and I watched it for like a minute straight.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011

I made a music video celebrating this wonderful/ a PSA warning about the dangers of gift-giving, the security state, and elves. Happy holidays, and wake up you sheeple!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-c_5VSPNOM

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

I like to take pictures of toys, it's kind of my way to justify this dumb hobby. Give it some kind of creative purpose besides being put on a shelf.

I took this one today with a set and I'm pretty proud of it. It was the last set up I did. Also using my roommates really dope camera too, which is getting my creative juices flowing.

It's legit.

Great work!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

This is the trailer for my new feature film Mute Date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZZwjsGPxns

I shot the film this past summer. It's done and will be up on Amazon Prime in January 2019 and I'm very proud of it, and I'm also quite proud of the trailer. This is the first time I've ever cut a full-length trailer. I don't like trailers much, I always prefer short teasers. But, people like trailers, so I wanted to do a trailer. It's very hard to cut one, you don't want to give too much away and you also don't want to set people up for a movie your movie isn't. I feel like I accomplished exactly what I needed to with it.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Crystal cat. Made with zbrush and keyshot.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Wow! Fantastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Thanks!

I rigged most of the cat and realized that I don't have time to animate much other than the head before the NYE deadline. So here is a pose testing controls I ultimately won't use but oh well... Lesson learned. Don't do unnecessary work when time is such a limiting factor. You can see I never quite got the spine right.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at Dec 26, 2018 around 02:32

«2 »