Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

The Whole History of Weaponised Unreality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Edmond Dantes posted:

This picture.

drat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

:golfclap:

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
Wasn't sure she was going to stop in time, but worth it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thanks mate. I've gotten a lot more "likes" etc from that photo than most, perhaps I should figure out why, lol

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

echinopsis posted:

thanks mate. I've gotten a lot more "likes" etc from that photo than most, perhaps I should figure out why, lol

There’s just something very ‘listening to Cigarettes After Sex during a slow late-night drive home’ feeling to it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for that :)

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Australian ivysaur!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Very nice man, trippy idea :thumbsup:

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEz5yq1x-nQ

Trying to learn video editing, and I made a little tutorial about a drawing a little dog.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I got a book published! As in, I got somebody to sign a contract, publish it, and promise me money for it. It's an Orthodox Christian YA vampire novel called Feast of the Sisters. It draws in various ways from Bram Stoker, an obscure pre-Stoker vampire novel from Serbia, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. The cover artist goes by artofmarza on Instagram; she specializes in stickers inspired by Orthodox iconography. If the "Christian" label puts anybody off, just know that I made no effort to water down the horror elements.

I also have a couple of self-published fantasy novels: Thresholds of the Grand Dream (2017) and Sweet Silius Island Honey (2021). I did the cover art for these two.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
My game Doom Crop is out in the world, people are playing it and they're sending me nice messages on social media. It feels really good!

It's a card game that can be played with a standard deck, where the layout of your cards on the table influences the strategies available to you. It's a little bit like War, and a little bit like Chess. The rules are available in full on the Doom Crop website, and they always will be.

I never expected that anything else would happen after I wrote the rules, but when my product designer friend saw them, he insisted on making the game a reality. "Doom Crop Alpha Edition" sets the game in a bizarre post-apocalyptic city, with wicked illustrations and sickening lore. Said product designer friend is connected to a hypebeast/streetwear brand called Brain Dead, so they produced it and are selling the Alpha Edition: https://wearebraindead.com/products/doom-crop-trading-game-multi

If this sort of thing interests you, I hope you will play the game!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Neato, I love games and the grid is a neat idea.

Disgustedorite
Dec 20, 2022

there's a few obvious issues with this, like the loop on the stripes isn't perfect and I didn't bother disconnecting the lines on the tail. And, of course, standalone without the context of the project I made it for, it looks weird overall (↪️👅tongue). But this was my first attempt at integrating animation into my art in this manner and it's the first animated png on Sagan 4, and for what it is, I like how it came out.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

A while back I began working on a project that required me to read a lot of awful, awful op-ed's about how Scrooge from A christmas Carol was actually a cool and good dude. That project is now complete! Please watch and enjoy my new video "Scrooge was the GOOD guy!", which goes into the many flaws of these readings and general worldview. I think it's a fun watch, and it even features a few special guest appearances! If you enjoy it please feel free to leave a like/comment/sub as it pleases the algorithm beast.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

It's been a while since I did art for something that wasn't college, and I really love how this comic book cover I made for my LP thread. Recreating the Action Comics logo, making the freaky abstract background, I tried to do a dithering effect but I dunno if it really adds anything.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

During the holiday season I've been doing some Yuletide arts and crafts and I am putting the finishing touches on a sort of sculpture thing

This is Kino-Eye

The small wires I bought in an craft store. The big ones are an old audio cable that died on me.

The face is mostly paper with some fake teeth I bought of Ali express. The robotic eye is a broken Soviet camera lens I got on eBay.

The red light in the eye are discount store Chrismas lights stuffed in a toilet roll and glued in place.

I have no idea why I made this I just got an idea and executed it.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Love it :allears:

Nice work!

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
That’s awesome!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Always cool to see a goon make a new friend!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
This is a christmas gift for my sister in law. She's big into Star Wars and bought a special deck of playing cards the last time she went to Disney and dropped a hint about wanting some chips to play with.

These are hand painted resin and a hand sewn drawstring pouch to hold them. 200 in total. Took about a month to do them all, but it put me back on the track to work with resin again.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I'll just cross-post from another thread

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Couldn't find a painting thread but in the last couple months I took some local fun classes & it's been pretty great :) got a starter paint kit, some brushes & a 6 pack of canvases (14"x14"), so far here's what I've made for me & some friends/family

(work in progress)

Lately I've been leaning toward astronomy stuff, I'm planning to do a painting of this awesome ISS moon photo next:

Dunno what it is but something about painting is so relaxing & satisfying :)

NGL, really proud of how these all came out. Glad I took up painting, it feels so natural. I've been writing down ideas with astronomy & also song lyrics. Sounds weird but sometimes when I'm jamming to a song, my imagination goes wild with how things should "look" - painting lets me bring those scenarios to life. Hopefully people enjoy it :)

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I made a goal to make a new parody song every month.

I heard this Unholy song a bunch and while catchy i wasnt keen on my 8 year old singing about what her dad was doing down at the body shop and as a goof i riffed "Daddy's getting bitten up in the monkey hut" and it became this silly song about a dad going wild at the zoo. My kiddo made the album art too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXE33RDjMtg

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/hZJAeG8.mp4

Post now with 100% less doxing myself.

Virtual Russian fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 1, 2023

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

I spun the weft yarn myself and wove this little mug rug. It's the fourth thing I've ever woven and the fact that it's reasonably even is just fantastic to me. I have a long way to go, but I'm seeing a lot of improvement.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Your edges look very nice and even, only a couple tight spots I can see, great job!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Virtual Russian posted:

https://i.imgur.com/hZJAeG8.mp4

Post now with 100% less doxing myself.

That's very pretty

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I had a happy little accident happen and discovered yet another way to make my earring cards/plain cards.

[Here's the thread of stuff I'm referring to]
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979339

This was the original flowered branch drawing, tried it on some patterned paper : eh it's ok, really nice earrings on it would help...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spinz fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 7, 2023

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
But oh it really bled through to the back of the paper, let's add a few details and whoa

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Spinz posted:

But oh it really bled through to the back of the paper, let's add a few details and whoa

Oh wow that's gorgeous

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Happy little accident indeed! That looks fantastic.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I just realized that I hadn't yet subjected y'all to an announcement for my latest story in GBS. Like the other 5 short stories I self-published, this one is mostly true. And just like the other ones, I know the writing isn't great but I think it's a fun story! It might my favorite one to tell in person, mostly because of the amazing four-legged friend I made while on this adventure.

The wacky and weird and cool goon The Voice Of Labor created the Lego artwork, and the talented and kickin' rad goon Darth Brooks made the cover.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to publish in book format or as an e-book. I'm afraid the art won't look as good on paper.

Anyway, check it out here!

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
Here's one that was fun to do.

"Embracing my TruSelf"

Zibraltar fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 8, 2023

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Study of Jean Metzinger.

James Murphy, LCD Soundsystem.

Evelyn Nesbit, one of the original Gibson Girls, and the scandalous red velvet swing.

My second foray into watrcolors, influenced by Russian realist Ilya Repin.

And here's a good good girl, a dog and my muse for many years.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 23, 2023

TheNamesEllen
Oct 3, 2023

:sanix: :sludgepal: :sueme:

:rubby:
Made this over a month ago. I still think it's cool. I made this because I experienced a lot of neck pain on my right side that the time. Adding a link here incise the attach file feature doesn't work.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/thenamesellen/neck-pain

Bisexual ADHD dumbasses unite!

TheNamesEllen
Oct 3, 2023

:sanix: :sludgepal: :sueme:

:rubby:

IkeTurner posted:

Study of Jean Metzinger.

James Murphy, LCD Soundsystem.

Evelyn Nesbit, one of the original Gibson Girls, and the scandalous red velvet swing.

My second foray into watrcolors, influenced by Russian realist Ilya Repin.

And here's a good good girl, a dog and my muse for many years.

These are some cool stuff. Love the dog, by the way. She’s adorable! ^^

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

I never said I was a role model.

I've been struggling for a long time and haven't drawn much. I got really down on myself last night after scrapping a sketch that wasn't working out. A couple hours later, I managed to doodle something I didn't hate for the first time in I have no idea how long.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I think that looks cool. The color in the middle of the figure fading to a flat black up top really gives the sense of looming.

Also I'm just some schmuck but I didn't realize blue / aquamarine / topaz etc shades could look so forboding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Beezus posted:

I've been struggling for a long time and haven't drawn much. I got really down on myself last night after scrapping a sketch that wasn't working out. A couple hours later, I managed to doodle something I didn't hate for the first time in I have no idea how long.

I love this, would put on wall