Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Crystal cat. Made with zbrush and keyshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Thanks!

I rigged most of the cat and realized that I don't have time to animate much other than the head before the NYE deadline. So here is a pose testing controls I ultimately won't use but oh well... Lesson learned. Don't do unnecessary work when time is such a limiting factor. You can see I never quite got the spine right.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 26, 2018

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Laser cut and engraved medallions.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Some better pendants made with a different material. I really like the detail I have been able to get from this material.

Jasque posted:

Haha. I'm glad someone actually remembers those movies. It's based loosely the Landstrider, and the costumes that these two came up with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB2HTAcbmck

It's physically challenging to walk around in those stilts. I not in good enough shape for a Wheeler costume.

Saw one of these in SF once. Cool stuff.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Did you make this? Amazing. Thank you for sharing.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

I want to add a bit but I don' t know how historically accurate it is. Maybe I will PM you about it. I have taken lots of pics over the 12 years I have gone but since I am not a pro photographer .I usually only share them with friends and loved ones. The last couple of years have been really great. Joining a punk scooter gang really upped the fun quotient. This year we opened up the Thunderdome on Thursday night by a dozen or so people kicking up dust with gasoline powered gopeds before the show. It was pretty badass. The dome isn't really big enough for full size motorbikes, and those are against the rules anyways.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Hobo Erotica posted:

Oh nice one, yeah fire away. I'm always to interested to hear what was new for people and whatever I may have missed. 12 years is a drat good run.

I only went for the first time last year. Punk scooter gang sounds bad rear end ;)

This is really weird. Woops thread derailed.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 24, 2019

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Elentor posted:

This is a series I did on a huge sandstorm. I started with some bare sketches:

Then I decided to zoom out:

I'm not super happy with any of that, so I decided to zoom out a bit more and see if I could get something better by changing the media. I'm happy with this piece:

Especially because it's in real-time in Unity and can (in theory) be animated.

Woah - can you talk about how you made this in Unity?

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

I did the visuals / VJ stuff here. Trauma Mammal provided the music.

https://twitch.tv/689962834

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 1, 2020

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Did another VJ set tonight. This time for RVA Magazine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6bllXhV3AU
A much shorter clip here

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 20, 2021

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Moar coasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

First time I have ever projection mapped a greenhouse.