Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Doom house is about a doll. Loxtax beat hollywood by like 15 years and doom house was better than annabelle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

oohhboy posted:

Exploding Varmints.

Damned right.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That S.O.S. video is one of my favourite Wheel of the Worst segments.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Neurolimal posted:

Juicy shaq memes are good, its just that it's a bit formulaic when theres multiple episodes in a row where they have to prop up 2+ unfunny tapes

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE GIF!!!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I Swear The gently caress!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am not kidding about the Exploding Varmints WotW. They haven't surpassed the sheer quantity of sick laughter generated as of yet. It also gave us Rich Evan's AIIIIDDDDSSS amoung other things like 9/11, ISIS, suicide, murder, kidnapping and rich getting laid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmRs1QjHU-k

Bonus content. Yes it is on the internet and yes it contains what it says on the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Wy49bWSfA

Edit: Also dead babies, Bill Cosby rapes, Flint's dirty water, piles of Space Cop Blurays, Mental illness, Patrick Batemen.

oohhboy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 17, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

super sweet best pal posted:

That contest is the biggest scam I've ever seen.

I almost legit did a spit take too. I was actually considering entering as they were talking. Except I don't give a poo poo about more Conjuring universe movies outside of the main ones with Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga. Those two own so much. I actually legit love both Conjuring films a lot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RedSpider posted:

How does it feel to know that RLM is popular in alt right circles lately? It's not surprising to see RLM's most vocal fans such as WampaLord be so dismissive and condescending towards an all black youtube channel like Double Toasted.

Also like, I legit love Double Toasted and been a fan of them since Spill, but stop starting up poo poo. No one wants to see someone else shill poo poo in a specific thread dawg

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
legit

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The Lights Out original short scared the crap out of me and it sucks the full length is lame. But that's kind of the thing with horror shorts getting made into movies, like with Mama.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

CelticPredator posted:

Also like, I legit love Double Toasted and been a fan of them since Spill, but stop starting up poo poo. No one wants to see someone else shill poo poo in a specific thread dawg

Oh poo poo, I remember Spill. I'll actually give them a chance now, despite that RedSpider twat, thanks.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So David F Sandberg posted on the RLM subreddit

Mr. Sandberg posted:

David F. Sandberg here. To be honest I didn't see the rules before the website went online. I was just excited that this was something that Warner wanted to do. Once I saw the rules on the website I read it as the $50 was for the option, not the rights to it (they never spend a lot of money on just an option). If a movie would be made out of your short then I'd assume a negotiation would have to take place to buy the rights for some real money.

As I read the rules I assumed that it was just the lawyers being overly careful. They do that a lot. There's certainly no big plan to steal ideas and kick filmmakers out.

Same with the thing in the rules that they can't guarantee you'll meet with me. I assume that's just the lawyers being careful in case I drop dead or I'm in a coma or something.

The ultimate hope with a contest like this is finding new filmmakers rather than new ideas. It's not something you would want to guarantee but that's what you hope for.

some redditor posted:

/u/harlack is Jack from RLM. Maybe have a chat to him and see if he can put you in touch with Mike, Jay and Rich.

I mean, they got Len Kabasinski and Max Landis on Best of the Worst, I'm sure they could do something for you too.

Jack posted:

Yeah, lets chat. Our people will talk... but I'll be my people and you be your people.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Jack.... is Good??

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jack is good. He was awful when he was trying too hard in the beginning but he has mellowed out a lot and now he's fine

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

counterfeitsaint posted:

Oh poo poo, I remember Spill. I'll actually give them a chance now, despite that RedSpider twat, thanks.

Yeah, it's Korey and Martin(Leon) on that one. They have a ton of new people who I've all enjoyed every much. Watching them grow has been a pleasure. Chris Cox(Cyrus) and the LEOG people are on Oneofus.net, which has some good stuff, but a bit too nerdy for me. Junkfood Cinema is dope and good for RLM fans. It's Brian Salsbary and Cargill(Carlyle) talking about awesome movies with nothing but love.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
Jack is living the dream feeding his ponies and enjoying time with his family on his vast Wisconsin family farm.

I hate him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KMART THE MOVIE posted:

vast Wisconsin family

Thread tag ???

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

CelticPredator posted:

There's nothing wrong with talking about other good channels in here - we do it all the time - but I wouldn't go into, I don't know, say the Big Bang Theory thread and be like, "yo, you should all watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead because it's better than this dumb show." (I mean, it's true, but)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah I agree with that

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i feel The Aristocratsfeat. Dom Deluise should be a highlight.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

David F. Sandberg here. To be honest I didn't see the rules before the website went online. I was just excited that this was something that Warner wanted to do. Once I saw the rules on the website I read it as the $50 was for the option, not the rights to it (they never spend a lot of money on just an option). If a movie would be made out of your short then I'd assume a negotiation would have to take place to buy the rights for some real money.

Yeah no the contract also said they get the rights for an additional fifty dollars.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
That short movie contest is some scummy bullshit. Would it kill them to make it like 10 grand if they end up making a movie based on your idea? It'd be nothing to a big studio but a significant amount of money for some aspiring filmmaker. Get a lot more good publicity that way vs basically screwing someone out of an idea that'll end up making them millions.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's basically an attempt at creating something akin to minimum wage for creative jobs.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Wow! I must be the best short film producer ever! I got my ideas selected for ten separate contests! I sure hope that another ten contests open up next month of I'm not gonna be able to make rent!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
adjunct filmmaking

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Jack is good. He was awful when he was trying too hard in the beginning but he has mellowed out a lot and now he's fine

Exactly, he was tryharding and that was loving unbearable.
Its a bit better now, but still worse than josh by a large margin.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Nobody is worse than josh

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

communism bitch posted:

Nobody is worse than josh

Max Landis is worse than Josh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Squallege posted:

Yeah but to be fair Max Landis is worse than most human beings in general.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Josh didn't write Chronicle

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Josh is way worse

Josh is the worst.

Of all the people on the show he's the one I least would want to invite into my home and have sex with

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah but to be fair Max Landis is worse than most human beings in general.

Not emptyquoting this.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
Geeze you guys always losing your heads over max landis

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Squallege posted:

office RLM power ranking:

Rich
Mike
Jay
Big Canadian
Max
Tiny Canadian
Jack
A literal lump of poo poo
Josh

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
Putting Mike second on the rlm list is akin to peeing out of a hole in your ballsack

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
RLM power ranking:

Rich >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> there is no other competition

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

communism bitch posted:

office RLM power ranking:

Rich
Mike
Jay
Big Canadian
Max
Tiny Canadian
Jack
A literal lump of poo poo
Josh

Putting the Tiny Canadian under Max is a crime.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

oohhboy posted:

and rich getting laid.

Let's be honest with ourselves. It was Josh who showed him his Warhammer collection.