Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Kashuno posted:

This game is K I C K I N G R A D already

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I wanna be puyo pop Tetris then

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Goddamn n0 was a blur. A blue blur, even.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Guys, the invuln cheat is to claim miller, not town.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I never even played my game. Kash probably knows more about it than me by now tbh

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

My hot take is mean bean machine

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I feel like I missed out by being a Nintendo kid

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I can't remember if my first game was super mario world or pokemon red. I do definitely remember crying when I KO'd a pikachu in viridian forest after looking for that poo poo for what felt like a good half hour.

I was a sensitive kid.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Re hypothetical dayvig, i would shoot xad, for posting a sonic track that isn't chemical plant.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

This thread presents a new mafia conundrum to me. Rather than not having the time to real all the shitposts, I instead don't have the time to listen to all the music.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

this is a stickup posted:

:yeah: the only person that posts the shrug emoji when town is kash so we can safely assume those people above are scum

But it was such a bad attempt at a shrug emoji. Surely scum would know how to do it properly.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

So you're saying ramp up the shitposting? Can do!

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly not feeling the Pmush case yet. A post that says nothing towards the end of jokephase isn't really worthy of indictment imo.

If I had to place a vote right now, I'd go CPig, but that's only because his TM vote feels just as bad as all the others Bif mentioned.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Good morning thread!

it's not that the post says nothing, it's that it's a) passing off as a serious post towards the end of jokephase while saying nothing, and b) very misleading wrt scum posting styles.

that feels extremely forced to me, and it feels like scum trying to control the narrative by offering the town 'helpful' info.

do you disagree only with point a, or also with point b?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by point B, but I'll agree with point A.

why would you claim all of this right now? flam what are you dooooiiinnnggg

this is basically my stance on flam rn too. It reads as a bad move for either scum or town, although I'm leaning on the latter.

Also sorry for the slow roll on posting, I missed n0 and was in work most of last night.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Also, gonna add on that I like Quid's effort on the Flam case, and the question of how a tracker would know their target is scum. I'd like to add my voice to the people asking for more info on the mechanics of Flam's claim. Parking myself on ##vote Flam , just until we hear more about this.

I'm cooling down on CPig, and while that'd probably improve as he posts more, I feel like we're not going to get anything out of him until d2.

Lastly, I tried reading Anidav's probability post three times and I don't get it. Sorry.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Anidav posted:

Tldr scum are more likely to be lazy when there is a high player count because the probability of thread pressure being put on them as an individual decreases as players increase.

Thanks, got it.

do you feel that pmush gave an accurate assessment of how scum will post?

... Probably not. I don't see why scum would have more trouble shitposting in the early game than I did. So yeah, I'll concede your two points. I'll keep my vote parked where it is, but if/when flam returns, I'll keep this in mind when deciding where to vote next.
Thanks for walking me through your reasoning.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

My power is about as silly as Flam's, so idk. I don't like how we came to learn it, but I can believe the power, I guess. Reads as just bad play rather than scum play

##unvote

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Equally, why would a town panic over a single vote? I feel like that aspect just boils down to bad play period. Why he didn't conceal the vig part of his role and save it for another day is beyond me, that kind of sudden power surge could have been really useful.

I'm not fond of going back on my own reasoning, but I feel like Quid thought this through harder than I did, and I can't fault his argument. Remove the bit about the claim, and it does feel a bit like a scum panic. Furthermore, if his role is what he says, then he's enabled scum by revealing it. They just have to park a vote on him under any excuse and half his role is moot.

I'm kinda done arguing on this tbh. Unless someone pulls up a really good defense, I'm comfortable with a Flam vote.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Alright, so the thread is divided on Flam as a dunk target. Given we've only got 3 hrs until deadline, should we maybe start considering whether a stronger case can be constructed against anyone else, for comparison's sake? Otherwise I'm worried we may just go around in circles and end up with a no lunch.

Next closest in votes is PMush, how are people feeling about her?

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, on a reread, the PMush case is kinda non-existent to me. Her work so far is basically just being part of the start on Flam, and that's it.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Given it's 13 to lunch, and the highest is Flam at 7, I'm worried we may end up with just a choice between them or nothing.

Having said that, I'm getting bad vibes from Xad. d1 is a shitshow, it is known, yet here we all are trying to dig through it. Xad is just criticising cases and posts without offering anything themselves. It almost feels like they're just padding out the postcount. Could be frustrated town, but again, we're all frustrated because it's d1.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Right, I need to go to sleep, as I have a super long day tomorrow. I'm not convinced that I can make a stronger case on anyone than the existing Flam case, and I highly doubt that we're going to get enough people in within the next two hours to max anything else out.

Having said that, I can't argue with Fisk's point. Flam's play just strikes me as bad, not scummy, and a live town is better than a dead one. Given that, I'm probably going to hold off voting today. I'll keep an eye on the thread for the next hour or so, but unless a really good argument comes in the next hour, I'll see you all in d2. Peace out

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

New-ish. I don't feel Flam as hard as I did earlier, so I don't wanna vote there. I don't want to park a vote on PMush given I'm not going to be around for her to show up, and the case on her seems weaker than Flam. And I don't wanna vote Xad, for reasons I argued before, and also because the short timeframe makes this feel super unlikely.

If people want the Flam vote, then I'll give it, if that's proper etiquette before the deadline.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

gently caress it, if other people are about to respond, they can shift off if PMush has a good defence. I'm not comfortable with any of the three, but this one is the least bitter pill.

##vote PMush

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Not happy with the result, but at least my read of bad play rather than scum play worked well. Looking forwards to seeing how d2 starts shaping up.

b-minus1 posted:

well one of them sure as hell wont be me. yesterday moved so fast I had a hard time keeping up with it. this is the largest game of mafia i've ever played.

generally the first thing I do after a d1 town lynch is look at two groups of people: those who didn't vote (which obviously includes myself), and the first 3-5 people who voted for the player that was lynched. An easy scum play would be to refrain from voting altogether, especially since they would know if the hammer is going to drop on a town player. on the other hand, if a wagon is starting to form on a town player, then the scum might want to jump on the wagon early. these are my thoughts please don't modkill me.

Not sure this is a good case, given that the votes piled on flam due to his panic claim rather than inherent scumminess. Also, the time left to hammer was short, I doubt any active scum would have passed up what was basically a free lunch at the end there. Getting bad vibes here from the entire second half.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

So, it looks like guns will be handed out to kill the above players.

Shall we talk about that?

Infi seems to straight up not be here, so I don't care about him either way.
Machinegun seems to have been hit by family stuff, so I'd say judge by the quality of their d2 posting. Not an insta-kill imo.
Retro just seems to have dropped out around the time of Flam's claim, I'd say same case as machinegun, but I'd give them less room for error myself, given the absence of an excuse.
B-minus just gives me bad vibes. They're up to date with the thread, occasionally chime in with no-content posts, and their latest one rubs me the wrong way big time. If I had to pick one of the above three to vig, I'd fire here.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not gonna object to anyone going trigger happy on any of the 4, that's just how I would play it if, by some miracle, Kash handed out even more stupid powers to just one person.

Did I say I'm exited to see everyone's night actions? Because I'm excited to see the mess we wake up with tomorrow.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Man, I was hoping that this would be sorted before I went to bed. Lame

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Morning everyone!

I ended yesterday feeling good about JFisk, and felt Bif was pretty town despite the Flam mess, so I visited both of them last night. I can also confirm that no-one visited me.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not a bus driver. I can target between one and five people a night with my ability.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

I can also count the number of visits I get a night, up to 5 minus the number of visits I did.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Aight, a reread of the thread in light of the PMush flip has revealed not a whole lot, tbh. Taste is super town, getting a strong town feel from stickup too. Feeling like using up a visit on Bif was not my best move, but live and learn.

Insofar as my role's concerned, I figure I may as well put some more cards down on the table. I'm Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon. Each night, I can send out up to five of the sailor scouts, but if I do, each one has to spend the next night resting up. Any scouts that aren't out fighting evil stand watch, and pick up on visits on me.

To clarify my lovely 3am posting at the end of d1, I had a change of heart after rereading taste's argument defending Flam, which is why I followed his suit and went PMush at the end. Gonna hang about for another hour before bed, see if anything cool happens.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Jesus christ, this poo poo is confusing.

Sorry for being unclear yesterday, each scout sent out gives a shot of BP for the night. The sailor moon game is a japan only release, I just really wanted to be a pretty princess this game.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Mafia edit - I think it's japan only, I never played it. I was scrolling through a list of genesis games, saw it and fell in love

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Work has gone quiet, so I've finally managed to get a bit more caught up with the thread. I'm fin with an Anidav vote for me, the torturous claim progression between them and Bif was excruciating to read.

TM raises a good point about the lack of lurker kills, but given I've been quiet today, I don't think I'm in a position to judge. I don't like that they're not even trying to wrap their head around the mobius strip of redirects this game though. +1 to the list of people calling out that weird post.

##vote Anidav

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

pls for the love of god, just end this day

sorry but srsly the more I read you two bicker at each other, the more I want to die

Same.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I will help

I have a sailor scout outfit. Bif this has made my day, thank you.

I like gif's effortpost up there, mainly because I want someone who draws so many diagrams to be town. As a further point, contrast all these reads against TM's post parroting the same ones a few pages ago. Were it not for redirects making the game a nightmare, I'd say gif was town. As it stands, still getting real good vibes off them.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

We're all entitled to our opinions, Glowku. I'm proud of you for making this bold choice.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, so let me try and wrap my head around this one small part of the game, because trying to hold the entire sequence of events in my head makes me give up and close the tab. Up until a few pages ago, the thread was focused on Bif and Anidav as probable scum. We're looking at Gif being scum too, but we can't lynch because Jfisk/Taste got in on some crazy redirect shenanigans. The main focus was on anidav, for having contributed less and being really evasive about their power and mechanics thereof under pressure. However, Fisk warns Bif not to try and redirect a lynch outside of Anidav, and when she starts attacking KB's record, the thread turned on her, right?

Anyway, outside of some recent unpleasant posting, Bif's been making good content (diagrams). I'd argue against Quid's notion that Bif should be cool in arguing against the turn on her; in her eyes, we had Anidav served up on a plate, and we're overlooking it. She can't make reads outside Anidav without being slammed by Taste for looking for another target, but she can't keep focusing on Anidav because holy poo poo we're all sick of that already. I can understand being really frustrated in this situation.

tl;dr, what was wrong with the earlier anidav focus? please advise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

diagrams is not loving good content, i can do a goddamn diagram

had bif really contributed anything? all they had been doing is making whatever theories that make them not scum, and attacking everyone that expressed a little bit of doubt

If your diagram has me in a better sailor scout costume, I'll consider your point.

• Locked thread