Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Signup, will PM cartridge choices when I get home from wrangling cherubim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can we do Sega CD? has this been covered

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That's how PMush roleplays every mafia game she's in

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

sONIC kRACKERS

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hello friends! What have I missed??

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote clord omgus

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is too many posts for a game that hasn't started :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

*logs onto https://www.happypuppy.com/sega/CYOGC_mafiacheats.html via dial-up*

Let's see..... hell yeah, found it.

Identify all scum players: A,B,A,B,left,left,right,right,start

Checkmate, scum. n0 victory for the town. gg

Uhhhh, genesis codes usually had C involved as well, you are clearly an NES game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Votecount for A.D 2101

All (3): What, happen, ?
your (1): Somebody Somebody, set
vote (1): up
are (1): us
belong (1): the, the, bomb
to (1): We, we, get
us (0): signal signal

Not Voting (17): How, are, you, gentlemen, !!, You, are, on, the, way, to, destruction, What, you, say!!, Move, 'ZIG'

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes for great justice. You have no chance to survive make your deadline.

lol this was an extreme amount of efforr xD

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh did this finally start?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

Knuckles is a bastard because I played him expecting the game to be easier, not harder.

You have no idea how humiliated I was to realize that the easiest S3+K experience was to play as Tails only.

i love tails, best sonic character

also i am catching up but this thread makes me wanna play Sonic Mania instead~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Flying Leatherman posted:

I mean, I definitely found SNES music more memorable overall, but at the same time stuff like the Shining Force 2 soundtrack (here's the main theme) or some of the music from Landstalker) has stuck with me for years too.

shining force 2 is SUCH a loving good game and the big twist in the middle of it hurt my little middle school soul a lot

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anidav posted:

Memes aside. Why are we all posting music and possibly signalling our first choices?

I doubt it would lead to people guessing powers but it seems counter-productive and pointless.

Also where is Infinitum? He usually has 20 posts by now and it's unlike him to miss the shitposting season. :shrug:

what is this nonsense, everyone's having fun and then dad walks in and is all "this fun is DANGEROUS"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Same

##vote stickup

lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

can we just agree not to kill newbies at least (PMUSH THIS IS FOR YOU)

this is a weird post out of nowhere

like honestly, so much so that it made me think i had clicked the >> arrow instead of > forward, since it looks like it's commentary in the middle of a conversation. it's real weird.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

LITTLE MAC has been modkilled

he shouldn't have been here in the first place

lol

e: where's the fukkin flip kash???

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Flamander posted:

Woah, spooky.

##vote inf

I'm just gonna park my vote on Inf like usual, for now.

This is lazy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

like everyone else is making jokes and throwing votes around, why you gotta come in and tell us this is a policy vote? just feels off.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't even get what Pmush is trying to say there.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Yay Quid hasn't got tired of playing effortgame yet

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Pmush

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Flamander posted:

I vote Inf D1 constantly, dude. You got me about the jokes, though, haha. :syobon:

Doubling down on it doesn't make me feel better about it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Flamander posted:

Because this is a large game. Why is the scum going to bother taking me, a tracker with a vig he won't get to use 99% of the time, down now when they could take down other potentially more powerful town members?

But this is also a large game and you had to expect votes would be flying around. Why are you throwing your hands up the moment you get a vote and blowing your entire load for the rest of the game in JOKEPHASE of all places?

##vote Flamander I think this is a load of crap, isn't logically connecting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

what is happening in this game :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

is drowned in pussy juice = dongsbot?? or am i mistaken

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

yeah i looked it up too, cool.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Flying Leatherman posted:

We're not really still in day 1 shitposting time at this point, though, are we? Like, there are a couple pages now where people have actually been posting Real Game Stuff as opposed to soundtrackchat.

On that note, I don't like the jump onto Flam. The D1 claim was bad but not scummy, as others have noted, and I didn't like seeing the votes piling up on him (although looking at the votecount, it felt like more than there actually were).

This is a bad read. Flam's scummy because his logic is inconsistent, not because he freaked out and did something dumb.

Let's just recap: Flam makes a weird push on PMush using faulty logic, then throws his hands up and goes "My role is ruined" when he gets a vote. The problem I have is that he justifies it as such:

Flamander posted:

Because this is a large game. Why is the scum going to bother taking me, a tracker with a vig he won't get to use 99% of the time, down now when they could take down other potentially more powerful town members?

There's no way town Flamander doesn't see that this is a large game and go "I am probably going to get voted D1 and not get my vig, that sucks" right away. But for whatever reason, let's say he didn't see that. Shouldn't he have then come back and said "I totally forgot this was a large game and that everyone was probably gonna get a vote on D1, and yeah, I hosed this up?" Instead he comes back and uses the fact that he knows this is a large game as a defense...but that's counter intuitive to how he should be playing his role right now.

It's a logical inconsistency that speaks to his motives behind freaking out at some pressure. He fucks up & freak sout, and instead of owning it, he backtracks to try to cover it with logic. But it's not consistent logic. This is a scum mindset.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Man you shoulda seen the Shine game

Let's see if this'll get Tired to show up

##vote Tired

lol it worked

Hey Bif, remember when TMM was scum in Shine and every time I mentioned him he appeared? HURM.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bif you are calling Flam scum a bunch and saying you are going to do outside of this game work but do you like my case on him? It's weird you ignored that to jump on my TM comment and then mention Flam in passing without saying if you think my case has legs or not.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Don't go into the light, Watley!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Was Anidav in Ratben? Huh. I really did not play that game at all

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lid posted:

Im willing to vote for anyone i dont recognise and Hal because i recognise Hal so he must be scum

Seriously though CapitalistPig pinging me and their other posts haven't changed that

##vote CapitalistPig

Don't like this read, Cpig is basically doing nothing, what's pinging you with him over....other people who are basically saying "not much to do here maybe this is scummy?"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Did I just get mathbombed, what is going on

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like that post is far too many words about statistics and not enough scumhunting

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

That claim though. I see it as believable based on how crazy my power is, but it's funny to claim day 1 "don't vote for me or I can't use my power". That's the worst thing you can do loooooool

I would actually have LESS of an issue if he had done this rather than receiving one vote and going MY LIFE IS OVERRRRRR

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lid posted:

Doing nothing is whats pinging me, people who are around but trying not to be seen and certainly not trying to do anything nailed down. Its behaviour in line with keeping the game at arms reach.

I don't like this response to my question. I asked Lid "why Cpig over everyone else when other people are doing nothing as well" and he...didn't talk about Cpig? I mean I guess you could make a pretty reaching argument that he does but it's so vague, he basically has just said "well scum will use that to look like they're active while actually being scum" and yeah? That's what scum do, that's what we're looking for. Where has CPig done this over anyone else, again?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And as such this is real bad, almost worse, since it's agreeing with a load of nothing:

Anidav posted:

gently caress it I agree with Lid. ##vote CapitalistPig

Good night, good morning and probably good afternoon. Sorry if I'm wrong!

Is this Anidav's gimmick? He's striking me as super distracting but if he does this all the time maybe it's not a ploy? What gives?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Get out you lovely PlayStation game

??? what is this in reference to?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Birdtrike is not in this game

Why is your game such a hot mess, Kashuno! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TM who scum, make a list for me. You're commenting around poo poo a lot and not posting many opinions

• Locked thread