Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

No I should be the SK who's secretly a SNES cart

You can be the good Shadowrun

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

N0 is dumb case closed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chaoslord is now my sworn enemy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am Tommy Lasorda baseball

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lost in an emotional vortex right now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi what is happening friends

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I got my first choice which was cool

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi now what is happening

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why is my good friend PMush collecting all these votes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was wondering that too KB!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also tracker is a super lame role in this game I son't blame Flam for being pissed. In the last game I had like super crazy JOAT powers and poo poo. gently caress tracker

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Are people still voting flamander? I think you can do better people

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

You could also do better by actually voting for anybody at all

##vote Hal

I was prepared for this response

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah I'm not seeing anything that's making me want to move off Flam? It doesn't matter what his role is, we're in a role madness CYOR, everyone can make up something ridiculous and everyone'll go "yeah that sounds plausible." Anyone using this as a reason to unvote is kinda missing the point or maybe willfully misrepresenting as an easy way to fake content!

He freaked out with no pressure on a role he should have known was probably going to be not fully actionable D1 since votes are flying all over the place. Then he subsequently said "I knew this was a big game so ____________" to defend an action. Those two pieces of understanding do not jive together, which is, like, textbook scum backtracking after a bad move.

What is the reason Flamander isn't scum based on his ACTIONS, not his claim? The claim is irrelevant.

But why would he have freaked out in the first place?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Hal, who are your scum reads currently?

Here are your responses to the two main contenders:

But I don't see you telling us who you think we should be voting.

Yeah I know I am a loser, I don't really have any great scum reads. I genuinely don't feel like Flam was scum suddenly flailing but I will look at what you said about the P-Mush case.

Give me a little bit to get into things and I will have some reads I am sure.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, and that's the thing, WHY he freaked out is all WIFOM and that's an impossible question to answer. I don't even know why Hal is asking that, he should know better.

What IS clear is he used one argument to support his freakout, and then contradicted it when it was convenient. That reads as scum backtracking. I've said this a bunch of times I don't know why I am repeating myself.

Settle down. I will reconsider in light of this statement

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, and that's the thing, WHY he freaked out is all WIFOM and that's an impossible question to answer. I don't even know why Hal is asking that, he should know better.

What IS clear is he used one argument to support his freakout, and then contradicted it when it was convenient. That reads as scum backtracking. I've said this a bunch of times I don't know why I am repeating myself.

I don't see the contradiction.

If anything I would vote Flam for basically disappearing and not posting anything outside of his defense, but I don't get what supports what you are saying Quid.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Like I don't get WHY he claimed his role, he seemed overly anxious to do so with the "great now my powers wont work" post, but it also doesn't seem like scum would panic from a single vote and feel like they had to make up this claim.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid apparently can never remember what happened to him all the time when he first played mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid get back in here and fight me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Flamander posted:

I just feel like I have to be overdefensive about my town position. Been lynched first a lot recently. If I'm useful to town, I won't be lynched. So, seeing that I was getting votes on me, I came to the conclusion that it was claim my role or be lynched D1 again.

I actually don't like this answer very much. If you had said you knew you were going to get voted all the time because that is what happens to you (something I could totally understand) and you would only get to use your power if you claimed, that would be sensible. Being worried you were going to be taken out D1 seems a little too paranoid.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Nah, like I've been saying Flam really does get voted out early a lot. So I could see him being defensive or paranoid. But he should not have seen it as an unlikely thing at all to cop a few votes on D1 to delay his power. So the freakout reads a bit weird when he should have been resigned to that at least.

I guess I feel like if you are that resigned to it then you just claim out of the gate but ehhhh it all still comes off a bad play more than scummy.

I still don't see how any of it was inconsistent as Quid is claiming.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

vote Hal D2

Well I mean I was right

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

If by "right" you mean "came in hard against it, warmed up to it a little, then backed off of it and voted for nobody," sure.

Yeah that's what I mean!

I want to vote you for championing a false narrative that got and innocent angel killed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, and coming in all echoing Taste's "told ya so" seems a bit gauche when you never told us anybody good to vote for, just went "gee why are you voting so-and-so on D1??" a lot

It's like I suddenly became a sarcastic and flippant player, how could anyone have seen it coming

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmm so you believe Quid to be scum? I mean you gotta if you'd go so far as to think about wanting to vote for him gosh

I guess I can vote him right now in this twilight phase that would really show that I mean it I suppose

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lid posted:

Some of us are sarcastic and flippant and voting

So proud of you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I am not implying you need to cast votes now, I'm implying that if you're going so far as to show any intention of voting him, you must think Quid is super hella scum

I'm sorry you are so hurt that I didn't vote D1 but since someone got killed and 6 other people weren't voting maybe let it go. The vast majority of the time I am around at deadline or voting, this day happened to almost all fall on a weekend and I was busy so I didn't have the time I normally would. I just got home 15 minutes after the deadline, sorry. I had to have a friend draft my FF football team because I couldn't get home until the end of that too, people in this game can confirm that I didn't show up on that chat until it was almost over

I can assure you that I will be around tomorrow and will happily vote multiple times to make it up to you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

it wasn't just that you didn't vote it was that you didn't vote and then emptyquoted the "told you so" :v:

Well I mean I only did that to bother you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Hal why are you so salty? My gosh.

I fully admit I was wrong and it's cool to be upset about that because I fully championed a scum flip on Flam. But what are you doing, man, I don't think I've ever seen you come that hard with a "get off my back" before.

I'm not, I was sincerely apologizing and I don't take any of this seriously enough to get salty at anyone.

Certainly not mad at you!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah jerks send in your actions. Pay attention to the game you signed up for!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Bless you pig, I watched bif last night and 3 people visited her FYI so i want to hear from them if it's relevant

##vote bif

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey folks I visited bif last night and got info that confirms her as scum to me. Hope that helps

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

okay, since everyone seemed to believe that bif is scum, are there any other reads?

Quidnose quite possibly also scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote bif

You gonna be back hal

I am not a transformer (like my role? my game? whatever it is I am not that)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

When I targeted bif, I got redirected to someone else who targeted her. That person has "transform" in their role pm.

like just anyplace in the whole pm or in their role name or what

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well at least it isnt convoluted or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I think I am still comfortable voting bif

• Locked thread