Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
And that’s how you executive producer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Carlisi’s swingin back the otherrrr wayyy

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Kevyn posted:

And that’s how you execute a producer!

Non-double-post edit: I heard North American Scum on Spotify and I was kind of anticipating a 'Yeeeah buddies, it's the Ron n Fez show'.

Goddamn I miss it. :allears:

Morter fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 19, 2021

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The cop that murdered George Floyd just got found guilty on all charges and there's an active shooter situation on Long Island. Somebody check on Cumia.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Animal-Mother posted:

The cop that murdered George Floyd just got found guilty on all charges and there's an active shooter situation on Long Island. Somebody check on Antwan Kumiya.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://twitter.com/CompoundBoss/status/1384638786575945730?s=19

Guess she's too old for him or something.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm lollin that the racist pedophile has-been is fuming alone in his lovely mcmansion that nobody wants to buy about this

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
"these are the people deciding the fate of America"

lmfao, since when was loving jury duty the dogwhistle for the way the wind was blowing in America?? Should every juror be some loving straight laced 1950s TV show character in a suit and tie?

It sounds like i'm joking but I remember so many times of Anthony saying how he needs his airline pilots to have aerial combat experience and be grizzled men.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Someone should reply to compound boss with the same post but it's these pics

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
the gently caress there are no youtubes of phone call thursday or anthony getting angry about it

i understand there arent a ton of radio jobs out there but its incredible that you could intern/work on one of the biggest shows in the country and then be unable to find a job in radio at all after

and she was a stewardess

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

John Romero posted:

the gently caress there are no youtubes of phone call thursday or anthony getting angry about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2patKRUKg

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
I just noticed Al Dukes started a new podcast talking about WNEW called "102.7 WNEW- FM Talk’s Wild West". There are three episodes up starting with Anthony Cumia. Ron Bennington is on the second and Jim Norton on the third. Al plans on getting as many people from the station to talk about the talk show days. I wonder if Opie will do the show.

https://www.audacy.com/wfan/podcasts/1027-wnew-fm-talks-wild-west-49381

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Dubbadoo Eddie dubbadoo

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
N E W
peas hode

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

That's... that's terrible, I'm sorry. How'd your kid get beheaded?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvylSLVpOFE

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Anthony is apparently putting on a comedy show in the parking lot of one of the shittier malls in New Jersey, and they've got a simply incredible promotional image.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Oh real bummed I can't go to that.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I hope no one pranks them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUKJd8AkAs

Ended up listening to the Ron & Fez PennyStock Chaser contest, and was wondering how that company ended up.

PSC, PennyStockChaser, was a penny stock promotion company touting their picks for about a year.
The SEC has shut them down.

quote:

As alleged in our complaint, McKeown and Ryan used all the modern methods to communicate with investors including the PennyStockChaser website, e-mail, text messages, Facebook, and Twitter
yet failed to adequately communicate that their rosy predictions for touted stocks were
accompanied by their sales of those very same stocks.

Who could have guessed?

Do-do-do-do do-do-do-do

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
All you need, are some rubes

TO STRIKE IT RICH

ON WAAAAALL STREET

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsgmgUfx6Tw

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011

Things are going great here at Club Piscopo at the South Dakota Corn Palace!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
that's what i'm talking about it

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Oh no!

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011
I can confirm at this time that he did the Joe Piscopo rap.

Edit: It's literally the same set he did from Club Piscopo. Never change, Joe.

Tarasenko Tank fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 11, 2021

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I wish I could remember who said this, but Eddie Murphy's success went to Joe Piscopo's head.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
The Joe Piscopo Saga was probably the last great thing that O&A did

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sheen Sheen posted:

The Joe Piscopo Saga was probably the last great thing that O&A did

Must've relistened to it three or four times during quarantine.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

Must've relistened to it three or four times during quarantine.

*opening bars of Kimber Lee start playing on piano*

Anthony: “...oh no...”

And holy poo poo this all started in 2012???? :ohno:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Things are going great here at Club Piscopo at the South Dakota Corn Palace!

ralphthemoviemaker just released a video which talks about Joe Piscopo and his club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mawe93ATLc

he actually used to listen to O&A and did a thorough piece on Scorch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz6UVqqSWeA

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
There's a new-ish channel on Youtube that seems to be actively uploading some older WNEW/WJFK Ron & Fez clips, a few of which I don't remember hearing before

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRReDS8aCnI1DaK4snZNy3g

Fair bit of Billy Staples & Al Dukes on there, some Joe Poo etc.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Oh that's great! Thanks for the tip buddy :)

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I've been listening to a fair bit of it. Joe Poo really was just a third rate Norton doing a Jerky Boys voice, huh?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
A third rate version of an already third rate comic. Oof.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
I worked at a web/graphic design firm maybe 12-15 years ago. One day we hired a contractor to work on some additional sites for a week or two. Bald gangly guy. He must have told my boss at some point during the interview that he previously worked in radio. One day my boss says to him, "You know, Atarian is in the radio world, too! He hangs out at Opie and Anthony's house." Because I had gone to a couple parties at Anthony's house. Turns out I was sitting across the room from none other than Joe Poo himself. Weird dude.

He turns to me and says, "I like to eat my own poo" in the voice. I realized immediately that it was him, but I let that phrase sit there for a few seconds in silence as he awkwardly smiled before I acknowledged it. I think he expected me to gush like a fanboy or something.

Also, my boss thought O&A lived together in a party mansion and threw parties for their fans. And attending those parties puts you in the "radio world". He also thought that O&A were fired from wnew for having sex with eachother in a church.

Atarian fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 9, 2021

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Atarian posted:

Also, my boss thought O&A lived together in a party mansion and threw parties for their fans. And attending those parties puts you in the "radio world". He also thought that O&A were fired from wnew for having sex with eachother in a church.

I mean, none of us were there. Whose to say what really happened?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRwMVFYqLGw

Video description:

quote:

Opie and Carl Ruiz were doing a Pop Up at a bar when in walks a smashed Vic Henley who proceeds to roast Opie and Carl Ruiz. Its been said over the years that Opie wasn't able to take a joke which is complete garbage. The difference between this video and the old Opie and Anthony show is that Vic Henley and Carl Ruiz respected and loved Opie very much. This fact makes it easy to take a joke when its your good friends. For many years Anthony and Jim Norton didn't like or respect Opie. Opie knew this which made it very difficult to take a joke or a roasting. And F Anthony for his lame rear end nicknames for Opie including the Sloth, GreggShells, Wokie, etc. Simply pathetic. Enjoy this video of 3 close friends enjoying a couple beers and each others company.

I've been obsessed with Opie's livestreams and how unlistenable they are these past few weeks. It's fascinating to watch him descend further into madness.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So OpieRadio uploaded a video wherein the description is entirely about "Opie" in the third person?

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It must suck cruising along collecting a fat paycheck for an insanely easy job and then the guy you've been pretending to be friends with on-air for over a decade ruins it by having a racist meltdown on twitter.