Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

T Bowl posted:

Artie is in the hospital for drug use.

When it was announced that he'd be doing a show with Anthony, I figured he was doing bad and likely didn't have better options. Sad to hear as he's really funny. Just a matter of time before he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is this coming from a news site or is it coming from Nick DiPaolo? I can't find anything online about it. Is it some kids in the neighborhood egged his house and he decided that it must be antifa out to destroy him for making jokes on a radio show practically no one listens to?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Not a fan of Derosa but I wouldn't say he's bad. Just nothing to him.

The only comic I don't get the love for is Kindler. I've never seen him ever be funny.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Written by a failed comedian who would likely benefit a great deal if all those funny comedians no longer could get work.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I feel like Anthony may have the moral high ground on this one which seems impossible to say.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I guess this was the tweet.

I don't get why these guys torpedo their careers over loving Twitter. Having a show on Sirius is a sweet gig for a guy at that stage in his career.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He probably only needs about 10,000 subscribers to make some decent money. It'll never touch the Sirius money he made but probably enough to live comfortably on.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

The Roseanne thing reminded me of Anthony's firing. I don't really think that specific Twitter rant got him fired. I think it just drew attention to the heaps of racist poo poo that was flying under the radar.
Though the Roseanne thing may be final straw type of situation (and a specific person was attacked).
That whole weekend after his Times Square creepshotting was full of Gawker-like articles with old clips from the show.

All they had to do was just not tweet. Well maybe tweet out some promotion for the show but that's it. You then get millions.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Half the poo poo they hammer him for is stuff he'd do on the radio that was just as bad. I couldn't stand how he'd go on and on about what food they were eating that day like anyone gave a poo poo.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

a bitchin jetski posted:

It's barely a step up from bringing Lady Di to the wedding.

This would be a good thing.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The best thing about Jim was that he'd bring funnier people on O&A all the time. Imagine how bad that show would have been without Patrice, Louis, etc making regular appearances.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JFC posted:

90 seconds in and I'm already loving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSl2bu53WI0

Edit: Haha! "The Tri-State Mollusk"

Fat piece of poo poo Robert Kelly

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JFC posted:

Jim's not looking good.

That is a man who has never lifted a weight in his life. Which is weird because he's all into that weird diet.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Artie was arrested again.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can a plastic surgeon not fix that?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Artie looks much healthier.

https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/1171549489653583876

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Good god what happened to Sam? He aged like 30 years

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This is a long time ago but was Jimmy the one who would wait outside the bathroom at events trying to get a Derek Jeter autograph and then had an on-air meltdown over getting blown off?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ok it's as embarrassing as I remember.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Now I'm down the rabbit hole of listening about the weird photo Anthony took with Tyson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByBUrNivNG4

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

T Bowl posted:

Ahaha I looked it up again, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbCGczIfkA0

lol I forgot about that. Incredible camerawork.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mob posted:

Ron's mom passed away leading to this great line

https://twitter.com/RonnieBquotes/status/1586799639449276416

lol

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Odddzy posted:

Howard would ban guests that did O&A from his show I believe. I kinda wonder sometimes if that's why Gilbert couldn't get on the air anymore.

I remember Jay Mohr was banned because he appeared on O&A. But I think Gilbert just wasn't invited back because Howard was moving away from those types of guests. He had that one appearance where he kept making racist jokes and it seemed to genuinely upset Robyn.

smarxist posted:

@murderbryan on twitter (Streetfight Radio) has done a bunch of shock jock podcast stuff, i'm sure this thread is probably aware, but just throwing it out there

Yeah, if anyone wants a really good deep dive into shock jocks, I highly recommend the Shockjock episodes by Murder Bryan. I think you can only get them on his Patreon, but there's like 40 hours of them talking about O&A, Stern, Mancow, Greaseman, Lykas, Bubba, etc. He has good guests on too for them (Felix Biederman appears in a lot). Anyway, the Mancow episodes are incredible.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Remember when Anthony called up Mancow to prank him and just ended up asking a legitimate question before Mancow dumped his call?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think Anthony was your standard blue-collar racist from Queens for most of the show. When Obama won, it made him crazy and he went full-on stormfront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He's getting desperate for money.