Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

there is something truly lovely at how o&a's saga has turned out after 25 years. they used to be on the top of their game, competing with stern, being national radio, a household name, people looked up to them. I used to listen to them in high school and they seemed cool and a good radio show.

in college they used to have a whole bunch of really good comedians drop it and have really funny conversations, they had good taste and ran in respected circles of the comedy world.

flash forward to today and the only people who remember them are the fans, who have turned against them with extreme prejudice.

they'll likely finish off what careers they have left by being known as "that sad white supremacist pedophile", and "who is that?".

meanwhile jim norton is still a popular comedian, sam has a radio show, and stern is at perhaps the peak of his career and likely doesn't remember they exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

red19fire posted:

WHOA, let's not say things we can't take back.

he has a netflix special popular, which is far beyond what what's his name or ant could pull now

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I've had my funny artie died post ready for like 5 years but he's gonna, for sure, outlive this forum and maybe even me

Let's just take a peep in secret here in case he lives forever. We can all pretend it never happened, don't worry

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

BREAKING NEWS: Artie Lange found somehow still alive, sober

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Morter posted:

Opie was especially heinous through most of this. Kept asking about things you couldn't do in game (like a loving hot air balloon, in RDR, really?),

isn't there one in rdr2 that you go have to fly around in and snipe people in a prison from?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Morter posted:

If there is, I haven't run into it (SPOILERS!! :argh: ) but it seemed like a bad faith question to begin with.

oh for sure, and it's not like opie was prescient enough to predict the future. just kinda funny that there ended up being one in rdr2.

sorry not sorry! it's not pivotal plot point anyway, it's a mode of transport.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

a little blast from the past, remember these cokelogic animations? :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz_gy7-bOoo

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Jim is a little worm, always has been.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Been listening to some old bits and as bad as Anthony was on race Opie (on top of trying to stop great bits in their tracks by "moving on" or going to the phones) was the most performatively homophobic person. Any time Jimmy or guests would go into their young same-sex experiences he'd make a big show of being grossed out or wanting to move on.

Is it only a matter of time until there's an Opie gay sex scandal?

Would anyone even notice, it's not like anyone really pays attention to him now that the show is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I thought the company said that it was a "concentration of cinnamon powder" or something that just looked like shrimp tails