Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
How the gently caress do you get harvest tokens if you only get 8 from doing 32 challenges. ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Is there an option to buy Harvest gems or possibly earn them from loot boxes?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

zimbomonkey posted:

Is there an option to buy Harvest gems or possibly earn them from loot boxes?

Trade in harvest players for tokens. Get harvest players from packs. Buy packs with real money

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

God dammit that was supposed to be a joke

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
As someone who hasn't played a Madden game since whichever was the first one was for the Wii, would 18 or 17 be a better pickup? I don't play online typically, I just want a decent franchise/career mode (I love the myplayer stuff in MLB 16).

Alternatively, what's the go to version of NFL Blitz? 2001 on PS1?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

CascadeBeta posted:

As someone who hasn't played a Madden game since whichever was the first one was for the Wii, would 18 or 17 be a better pickup? I don't play online typically, I just want a decent franchise/career mode (I love the myplayer stuff in MLB 16).

Alternatively, what's the go to version of NFL Blitz? 2001 on PS1?

I don't know if they've patched it better but 18 kind of sucks for injuries. I played like 3 or 4 seasons through in 17 so I'd recommend that.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
17 and 18 are the exact same poo poo for franchise (as is 16 and 15), so get whatever has the rosters you like

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just get 18, the slowdown is mostly gone and it's on sale.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

RBX posted:

Just get 18, the slowdown is mostly gone and it's on sale.

Trade it in

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
MUT would be fun if people didn't just buy coins for jacked teams in the higher leagues. You'll face some retards but if they're competent at all then that +8 speed receiver is gonna burn you eventually. Games over and you lose by 3 and all you can think about is that loving play.

(gently caress this game)

(i cant quit u drat it)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hello i am a madden new guy who has fallen into the quicksand of MUT

Ive got an 88 ovr team right now with playoff-flavor Leonard Fournette and a few powered up seahawks guys. I just got Earl Thomas to level 3 and he's got the perk that helps int's if you play as him for the whole play......soooo gimme some tips on playing fs? All im doing now is just attempting to cover and then missing int's while someone runs by me and i lose.

Edit: also how do you best utilize pound the rock running? My best ovr is only like 1 guy away from a full chemistry with it but i dont really notice trucking doing much in runs, especially inside runs where Id expect to be using it

Edit: im also wondering what a better playbook would be for a team that wants to lean more towards running and mobile qb. My best qbs are a 90 randall cunningham and a 88 russel wilson that i switch between depending on how close i am to a seahawks chemistry

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 1, 2018

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

MUT would be fun if people didn't just buy coins for jacked teams in the higher leagues. You'll face some retards but if they're competent at all then that +8 speed receiver is gonna burn you eventually. Games over and you lose by 3 and all you can think about is that loving play.

(gently caress this game)

(i cant quit u drat it)

I quit playing for a while when i realized the only real reward for making a better team is you get to play against better teams and smarter players.

Then i came back when i realized that also means it's ok to not be pushing ovr all the time and its more fun getting cool players and chemistrys to match up and poo poo and just have fun getting killed 9 times out of 10 in weekend league.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
In the retard who plays with myself in franchise mode

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
mut tips

don't its AIDS

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Mut is the best strategy rpg on xbox

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hello i am a madden new guy who has fallen into the quicksand of MUT

Ive got an 88 ovr team right now with playoff-flavor Leonard Fournette and a few powered up seahawks guys. I just got Earl Thomas to level 3 and he's got the perk that helps int's if you play as him for the whole play......soooo gimme some tips on playing fs? All im doing now is just attempting to cover and then missing int's while someone runs by me and i lose.

Play the safety like you're the extra linebacker in a 4-3 when you're in nickel or dime and either stuff the run or just run back out to your zone. I drop my safeties into the box all the time depending on who the WR match up is. Just dropping lower so it looks like you're out of cover 2 is enough to confuse joepubstar420.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 2, 2018

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Developing meaningful personal relationships cured my MUT addiction!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Thanks duder

Is the matchmaking in mut seasons based solely on the "second string rookie/1st string pro/etc" tiers? I feel like I hit a sweet spot right now where I get a solid balance of teams with 3 stars indicating they probably out OVR me by 4-5 points, games where im outranking people and games that are even. But not too long ago I was being outranked 4/5 times and occasionally getting a fair fight.

Is that because I let my ovr drop a bit or because I probably got booted down a tier?

And I assume weekend league is a free for all because I always get hosed there and end up with 5 wins from people just quitting or donating useless matches.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Dont play mut

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I would play franchise if they made it so playing as one particular player didn't lock you out of watching the off/def squad you're not on do their thing and maybe made training not so terrible. NHL is cool because when you're benched you have the option of actually watching the game from the bench.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

IIRC this year you can set the simulation speed to slow and it will let you watch the game (from broadcast view) when your player isn't on the field.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I will try that

Which menu is that in? Per game or is it a universal setting?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

It's during the actual simulation. You're promoted to press square (or X) for game speed.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Opened my first bundle in like 4 months. Pulled that LTD Jerry Rice.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmao the 91 most feared Richard Sherman costs less than the 89 one you need for a level 3 upgrade on the marketplace

I now have all the seahawks dudes at level 3 other than sherm, plus a flashback byron maxwell i got for a steal on there too

Edit: dont really care to push into the competition at 90+ since i barely know how to actually play but trying to max seahawks and various other chemistrys while hovering at 88 or so is fun as hell

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 5, 2018

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Is there a way to do quick match 3v3? Or do you need friends to do this?

Quickmatch like NBA all star team up type of mode is what I am looking for.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

swims posted:

Is there a way to do quick match 3v3? Or do you need friends to do this?

Quickmatch like NBA all star team up type of mode is what I am looking for.

You can but the wait times suck and pubbies are cancer.

Squads with friends could be fun.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Squads is a co-op mode for approximately 1 minute, then someone quits because something went wrong and one guy will inevitably assume the other two are morons, then the other guy quits, then it's a one player game against anywhere from 1 to 3 other people.

Really cool that the MUT master list requires a bunch of wins in it

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
only mut squads with friends and goons, never pubbies

swims
May 5, 2014

Thanks I found it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
These superbowl dudes are hella MUT welfare, you get them all the time out of packs, can trade the trivially easy to get sb items for them, 85-89 guys are on the auction market for like 6k, and when you get too many you can trade ten of them for a rando 90+

Or just save up a little longer and grab a specific 95 you want.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Is there any way to examine a pvp opponents team beyond the three stars during or after a game? I'm curious if most people who have three 95+ guys just blew their wad on them or if I'm actually getting matched against OVR's that are 6 points ahead of me. I keep selling off anyone who is too far out ahead of my team so now my pre-game thing shows three 91's, but there's no one on my team now that's below 88 and all three of my OVR's come out to 89.

I suspect other teams I'm playing have a wider range of OVR's on players but idk

I do like when the three cards are like 95, 95 and 87 though. Like drat man spend 10k so people have to wonder a little.

swims
May 5, 2014

Cards make zero sense to me. I can't tell if the players run out if I don't re up their contract i guess?

Like I want to buy a few players but am not sure if they disappear after X amount of games?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

if you have "contracts" you can add to the number of games a player can play.

it's basically just a money sink

swims
May 5, 2014

What if hypothetically I bought a Steve McNair card on the auction house and played him indefinitely without keeping tabs on the manager screen. Would the character run out and be unusable at some point?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

swims posted:

What if hypothetically I bought a Steve McNair card on the auction house and played him indefinitely without keeping tabs on the manager screen. Would the character run out and be unusable at some point?

Yes but you could also put contracts on the card and keep using it. The game will pop up a screen every loving time you move from one menu to another in UT when you have a card about to expire, and even if it does you'll be able to add contracts afterward, you just can't use it till you add the contracts.

The game hands out enough contracts if you do some of the challenges (which is the root of the problem of the whole mode) that you can keep most of your team intact so keeping one card contracted up won't be a problem at all.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah i have never paid attention to contracts just pay up when the pop up comes. They gave me 5000 contracts for xmas that was cool. They only ran out a week or two ago and i play a fair amount.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 10, 2018

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/T4Verts/status/964285697044643841

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yiqZIveZsY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Madden is garbage

• Locked thread