Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
considering that cap pig and kash has been shading me throughout these games, they're either bad or scum.

how the hell is that fake outrage? should I had used italics instead of caps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

b-minus1 posted:

What's that supposed to mean
I fell asleep minutes after writing that but basically, forlorn retrospective hand wringing doesn't do anything but try to demonstrate how town you are.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
1. there was absolutely no reason for anyone to vote for pmush at all. there was a crapton of people that were shadier. Hell, I flatout said that I wouldn't mind dying d1 because I got vanilla so it wouldn't be a blow to town if I die.

Kashuno posted:

This is fake content. "Why did people do this thing that I could easily go back and look at?"

if it's so easily done, why not tell me? when cap pig asked me a question that could had been easily answered, I just told him. So tell me, what compelling reason is there to lynched pmush?

3. cap pig had been arguing with me about the dumbest poo poo (the whole joking comment about not having soda access). either they are really bad at reading tone or they're pulling something because this is the dumbest thread to pull on. I am legit getting scolded for asking questions and posting in thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
you should see the obvious as to why your whole flerp/rf situation was not a good idea

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
so no reason? kay

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

so no reason? kay

I'm not really here b ut don't worry when I am at a PC I will give you the full essay on why your flerp/rf thing was crap and why pmush was voted

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
coolio

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tired Moritz posted:

3. cap pig had been arguing with me about the dumbest poo poo (the whole joking comment about not having soda access). either they are really bad at reading tone or they're pulling something because this is the dumbest thread to pull on. I am legit getting scolded for asking questions and posting in thread.

Like do you really think i was seriously arguing with you?

I'm not the one that's bad at reading chum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
right now TM is doing a thing I have never seen him do before and he is getting really butthurt and defensive over almost nothing.

##vote TM

You are being really weird and trying to paint a picture of something that just isn't happening.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
TM if you really think there were people who were "a crapton" shadier, who were they, and why? FYI I am not as certain about your scum status as others seem to be. But you provided very little information on d1, so if you really thought people were acting shady, I would like to know who you thought would have been a better lynch target.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I'm Trying to make sense of the posts from the two who were NKd. Thinking kaschei is scum. [b]##vote kaschei[b]

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

b-minus1 posted:

TM if you really think there were people who were "a crapton" shadier, who were they, and why? FYI I am not as certain about your scum status as others seem to be. But you provided very little information on d1, so if you really thought people were acting shady, I would like to know who you thought would have been a better lynch target.

rf/kaschei/derp/infi/me

there, five viable choices

also I went to sleep and returned to four posts so I guess this game is rip.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh wait, reasons.

1. rf decides to shade the doc claim for no reason, and there was a legit push against flerp at the time. i don't see a reason why anyone who is town would shade the doc at day 1, especially with the revelation that he was just a vanilla town.

2. lurker

3. constantly rambling on how "oh no people aren't playing mafia properly ;-;" but refused to make any cases other than a swift broad oh those people are scummy. oh and they're not posting at all soooo

4. lurker

5. I already said my role and everything and I wouldn't mind dying.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tired Moritz (2): Kashuno, CapitalistPig
Infinitum (1): derp

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, flerp, Infinitum, kaschei, Tired Moritz

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 22nd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

CapitalistPig posted:

right now TM is doing a thing I have never seen him do before and he is getting really butthurt and defensive over almost nothing.

##vote TM

You are being really weird and trying to paint a picture of something that just isn't happening.

that's a lot of words that means nothing

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tired Moritz posted:

that's a lot of words that means nothing

Nope

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

then tell me how am I painting a picture? was I wrong to say that voting pmush is dumb and without reasons? Am I wrong in saying that there's so little posts right now?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tired Moritz posted:

then tell me how am I painting a picture? was I wrong to say that voting pmush is dumb and without reasons? Am I wrong in saying that there's so little posts right now?

You were trying to act like the joke banter was me seriously arguing with you.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Since I missed it up in the previous post

##vote kaschei

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In TYOOL 2017 I am actually writing this in a word doc just because I have no idea how long this will end up being but HERE YOU GO TIRED MORITZ.
Let’s go down each, and every, vote on pmush for the lynch and see the situation we found each player in.

Infinitum posted:

Policy vote

Coke > Pepsi

##vote Pmush
A joke vote that he never moved. On the one hand, I’d be willing to vote Infinitum for this based solely on never moving a joke. On the other, he never posted again so I guess the joke vote is a null tell. Scum or nah, he’s lovely for not posting

b-minus1 posted:

Those three posts contained absolutely nothing of value. I was hoping for more. But then again, even with 2 votes there doesn't seem to be much pressure on him. Compare that to PMush's reaction yesterday when he was at 3 votes, when he posted the pepsi pic and successfully got the wagon off of him. FWIW, CPig cast the 3rd vote for PMush, and the 4th vote for Inf. Just something to note.

b-minus1 posted:

##vote Pmush Perfect
New player to the forums, but good so far. Pmush reaction seemed to be bothersome, in context as well.

b-minus1 posted:

Since we are discussing roles on d1 (we should not be discussing roles on d1), I am also wary of jester play by a few people. But pmush isnt one of those people.
You can clearly see b-minus1 is having scum vibes from pmush from this post. They aren’t worried about a jester from pmush, but are voting due to a genuine scum belief based on their play and reaction.

Kashuno posted:

Posting things isn’t the same as creating content pmush. This is really out there as a strat. Feels like scum overcompensating to stay on claimed docs good side ##vote pmush
As I stated in this vote, the way pmush really went to bat for flerp screamed fake to me. It was overly protective and defensive of the claim, and pushed onto a (now confirmed) townie. Pmush was so over the top loud and vocal in their defense of flerp, which stood out.

drowned in pussy juice posted:

##vote pmush guy ran an all jester game, seems like scum, feels like a good D1 vote to me
A very bad vote from confirmed town

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote pmush

Ok then.
This comes in late in the day, as things are winding down. TM is refusing to be helpful to town at all, and would rather no lynch. However,

CapitalistPig posted:

You are horribly deprived.

Also yeah, sadly, this is pmush scumgame

##vote pmush
Cpig has already expressed the belief that pmush is playing scummy (which I agree with). Cpig isn’t much for words, but he does pull back on pmush for a bit before settling back in as the day draws to a close.

Retro Futurist posted:

Moritz quit being silly ##vote pmush
P straight forward. End of day, need a lynch, does the hammering. Obviously, we know RF is town.

Out of these votes on this lynch the only one that stands out as bad or without basis that is still alive is Infinitum. Hind-sight is 20/20, and we can of course say “wow can’t believe you idiots lynched the cop” but with a doc claim on the table, pmush could’ve easily claimed and lived. Instead she went hard and fought against everyone for not immediately buying the doc claim. I think I’ve provide enough info as to why we chose to vote Pmush.

Onto your next point, killing a claimed doctor or soft claimed doctor. I think you should be aware now of why that didn’t work as a good reasoned argument. RF flipped town, despite having somewhat hinted at being a doc. We could’ve killed a townie (RF) that was possibly hinting at a power role, or we could’ve lynched someone who had given no hint of power and, as displayed by the vote analysis above, was playing as scum plays in the opinions of the majority of the votes. Testing the situation by killing RF gives town very little information, and would’ve been very limiting going into d2. Guy claims doc, someone soft counterclaims, we lynch and be like “well gotta solve it!” Now, RF flips VT, we know that RF is a town player but we have no further information on whether or not flerp’s claim is legitimate. We are left with very little info going into the day, as “testing the counterclaim” is innocuous as far as vote reasoning goes. It is certainly something to keep in mind as the game progressed, but was not critical to solve immediately, and would in fact be detrimental.
So let’s look at the list you have

quote:

rf decides to shade the doc claim for no reason, and there was a legit push against flerp at the time. i don't see a reason why anyone who is town would shade the doc at day 1, especially with the revelation that he was just a vanilla town.
You not agreeing with RF on his push on the claimed doctor doesn’t make it scummy, and could (and to me, did) come across as a non-obvious soft claim. As outlined above, it is a net negative for town to test that contest in the first day.

quote:

Kaschei – lurker
Lurker lynch day 1 is bad for town information

quote:

Derp - constantly rambling on how "oh no people aren't playing mafia properly ;-;" but refused to make any cases other than a swift broad oh those people are scummy. oh and they're not posting at all soooo
This is just disingenuous. You claim he isn’t posting, but he is the second highest poster in thread and posting more than you. He engaged with RF, he asked other people for their opinions, he responded when questioned. Derp is the only person in this game I am 100% sure is town

quote:

Inf – lurker
Lurker lynch day 1 is bad for town information

quote:

I already said my role and everything and I wouldn't mind dying.
This is bizarre and silly. “I AM A BETTER LYNCH BECAUSE I SAID SO.” No, if people thought you were playing scummily, they would’ve tried to get you instead. Claiming VT in a game doesn’t make you a good lynch target for anyone, town or scum. Scum wants to keep VT around and hunt for others, Town wants to keep the VT around if they believe it because they can force scum’s hand eventually.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Note: day 1 lynches being bad does not mean the same lynch is bad day 2.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
somebody post

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This game has really gone flat

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah im sorry its been a long weekend, i need to get caught up

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
kashuno while i agree w/ ur long post, theres not really any casing in it. is there somebody ur most suspicious, if so why?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i feel like this is a cpig town game.

tm is making me feel weird, probably pinging me the most. the way theyre acting feels off, in a way that feels self conscious and scummy.

kaschei isnt really doing anything

b minus seems okay to me, although i dont really know why hes voting kaschei.

uhhh who else is this game? kashuno seems cool to me.

infinitum is lurking :mad:

derp also feels weird to me but i feel like that might just be being overly defensive since he seems so adamant on lynching me when im just trying to save lives here :(

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

i feel like this is a cpig town game.

tm is making me feel weird, probably pinging me the most. the way theyre acting feels off, in a way that feels self conscious and scummy.

kaschei isnt really doing anything

b minus seems okay to me, although i dont really know why hes voting kaschei.

uhhh who else is this game? kashuno seems cool to me.

infinitum is lurking :mad:

derp also feels weird to me but i feel like that might just be me being overly defensive since he seems so adamant on lynching me when im just trying to save lives here :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

kashuno while i agree w/ ur long post, theres not really any casing in it. is there somebody ur most suspicious, if so why?

The long post was mostly to refute TM's arguments for why he is town. I believe he is scum, and am voting him, but I wanted to refute his points since he was acting like we are all stupid idiots

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

kaschei (1): b-minus1

Not Voting (4): flerp, Infinitum, kaschei, Tired Moritz

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 22nd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
anybody alive out there or

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm here but not for long, Mondays are busy for me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Still good with my TM vote.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Eeh, I'm not convinced. You dragged up a bunch of posts that is basically are a bunch of people going "welp pmush is scummy" but you never actually brought up any posts of pmush that is scummy.

Well at least youre posting and I appreciated the soda pun

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I dont trust derp because i cant believe there would be anyone who raves about the game in day 1 before going afk in day 2.

And yes, we should always kill lurkers at day 1 because look at the situation right now. This ain't fun talking to only Cappig, Kash, flerp, and bminus.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi sorry my mind was wiped from viewing a total solar eclipse then driving for 8 hours a distance that should have taken less than 4 hours.

i am tabula rasa as far as this game goes now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
game loving dead

Tired Moritz posted:

Eeh, I'm not convinced. You dragged up a bunch of posts that is basically are a bunch of people going "welp pmush is scummy" but you never actually brought up any posts of pmush that is scummy.

Well at least youre posting and I appreciated the soda pun

I brought up the reasoning why people said they found pmush scummy. I already cased pmush yesterday

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

derp posted:

hi sorry my mind was wiped from viewing a total solar eclipse then driving for 8 hours a distance that should have taken less than 4 hours.

i am tabula rasa as far as this game goes now

so read it? It's not very long

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

kaschei (1): b-minus1

Not Voting (4): flerp, Infinitum, kaschei, Tired Moritz

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 22nd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 46 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have just prodded everyone in this game except Kashuno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am god poster confirmed.

• Locked thread