Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Absolutely dying at the Braum outdamaging the Caitlyn who was critting for half health bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Beryl was an absolute monster today.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

Oof, a sub 20 minutes game. That's a rough way to go.

honestly, the match duration's only a part of it. it felt like everything DWG did that game was calculated to humiliate G2 as much as possible

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I never expected G2 to make Finals and glad they made Semis. I’m ready for the west = trash narrative to go around, but DWG are pretty much the G2 of the LCK where they were leagues above the rest of the region. Additionally, people thought G2 were going to crash and burn this year so the fact that they made semis is still an achievement.

It does suck to lose though. At least we will continue to have the G2 vs Damwon Gaming rivalry in the future.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

reddit's been pointing it out but huge respect to ghost. the dude's been playing pro league since loving 2015 and he's not only just hit his prime - which is insane for such an "old" player - but he's going to finals and has a real shot of winning it

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Lid posted:

Omnistone top tanks are now 100% lose rate

as they should be

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

njsykora posted:

Absolutely dying at the Braum outdamaging the Caitlyn who was critting for half health bars.

braum outdamaged literally everyone on G2 that game

also rip to bjerg, excited to see all of the "TSM cant win because DL takes all the resources" posts in the future to replace the ones about Bjergsen

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

As Squid implied, Bjergsen is done. Though he is taking the head coach role, so we can still enjoy blaming TSM's poo poo on him.
https://twitter.com/TSM/status/1320032486940958726

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i remember when he was 17 years old smurfing on euw with ap yi mid with 500 twitch viewers holy poo poo im old as gently caress

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Watch TSM gently caress up a good team by stealing their star player and also that player

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
https://twitch.tv/travisgafford this is whats wrong with NA.

bjergsen as head coach will only improve tsm and the region as a whole.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bjerg retires before Double.

Do wonder what mid TSM picks up.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CODChimera posted:

Watch TSM gently caress up a good team by stealing their star player and also that player

and also that player as well

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
please get rid of dlift and bio next bjerg. let's build a juggernaut

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pretty surprising that he's retiring.

Digital Jedi posted:

POE.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 24, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Lex Neville posted:

please get rid of dlift and bio next bjerg. let's build a juggernaut

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Digital Jedi posted:

Faker.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
TSM has two promising young midlaners they should promote one of them!

Remember the mistake they made last year tossing away Johnson and Tactical and signing Kobbe for half a split?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I'm picking G2 over DWG and G2 to win it and TES over SN. Either way I'm hype.

Rekt.

Also who is going to replace Bjerg?

Hype.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Faker but it's the peruvian dota 2 player.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Firebert posted:

TSM has two promising young midlaners they should promote one of them!

Remember the mistake they made last year tossing away Johnson and Tactical and signing Kobbe for half a split?

Unless there is a slam dunk import they should 100% put Sword as the starter. He is 18 and sitting behind KatEvolved on academy but all he does is grind solo queue and looks pretty good. Let a super young talent come in and partner with Spica.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

Pretty surprising that he's retiring.

I'm actually not too surprised. I think the 0-6 did some real damage to TSM as a brand, and Bjerg played his part in that. He's still good enough to hack it in the LCS, but he got pretty well crushed at Worlds. Doinb's talked a couple of times on his stream about how mid is one of the most age-sensitive roles next to ADC, since it relies so heavily on your own personal mechanics and reflexes, both of which will, inevitably, slow down as the years pass. Not being able to get mid priority severely constrains your jungler and warps the game badly against you, especially in the current meta. In that context, if you want to prove that you're serious about trying to right the wrongs of 2020 Worlds, you have to get a newer, younger midlaner.

It's also worth thinking about it in terms of his career. The dude's been playing forever and has managed to secure part ownership of the team. He can pretty comfortably shift into a coaching position without taking a massive salary hit, and that coaching experience is something he can always leverage into new positions further down the line. Getting your foot in the door while you're still relevant enough to get a coaching position in the first place is smart long-term thinking. I dunno what a guy like Doublelift's gonna do when he finally slows down enough that even his name recognition can't get him a starting spot.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Vermain posted:

I'm actually not too surprised. I think the 0-6 did some real damage to TSM as a brand, and Bjerg played his part in that. He's still good enough to hack it in the LCS, but he got pretty well crushed at Worlds. Doinb's talked a couple of times on his stream about how mid is one of the most age-sensitive roles next to ADC, since it relies so heavily on your own personal mechanics and reflexes, both of which will, inevitably, slow down as the years pass. Not being able to get mid priority severely constrains your jungler and warps the game badly against you, especially in the current meta. In that context, if you want to prove that you're serious about trying to right the wrongs of 2020 Worlds, you have to get a newer, younger midlaner.

It's also worth thinking about it in terms of his career. The dude's been playing forever and has managed to secure part ownership of the team. He can pretty comfortably shift into a coaching position without taking a massive salary hit, and that coaching experience is something he can always leverage into new positions further down the line. Getting your foot in the door while you're still relevant enough to get a coaching position in the first place is smart long-term thinking. I dunno what a guy like Doublelift's gonna do when he finally slows down enough that even his name recognition can't get him a starting spot.

I would think doublelift would be able to indefinitely secure a top streaming spot, ala sneaky, for as long as he's willing.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I think I win pickems if TES wins tonight and loses to DWG. So go TES.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

milkman dad posted:

I would think doublelift would be able to indefinitely secure a top streaming spot, ala sneaky, for as long as he's willing.

I would argue Doublelift has neither Sneaky's charisma or thighs.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Bets on Bjergsen benching their mid laner next season and making a comeback? I'd say the odds are much greater than 0.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Unless there is a slam dunk import they should 100% put Sword as the starter. He is 18 and sitting behind KatEvolved on academy but all he does is grind solo queue and looks pretty good. Let a super young talent come in and partner with Spica.

i do not think that the level of competition sword has been playing against would make him remotely ready to completely skip academy and go pro without potentially ruining his mental forever.

i think NA needs to foster young talent but considering how much of TSM is theoretically being replaced i don't believe you can just go throw in a totally raw player and expect it to work out. look how bad insanity looked on immortals versus academy because the team was dog poo poo. doublelift + the youngest jungler in NA is not a solid foundation for preparing someone to play professionally for the first time, especially when you consider they're either running back biofrost or likely picking up an unproven support as well.

if there was a really steady support on TSM and anchor top lane i think maybe you could just call sword up straight away but otherwise i don't think it's worth potentially derailing his career for no reason.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm surprised they didn't take ornn for 3 6 9

I think suning slightly better in draft?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i think tes got the better draft because they didnt draft multiple autolose champs :)

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I didn't even realize that they started an hour earlier today

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
WJHAT the actual gently caress

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
gently caress yeah, these are exactly the type of games I was hoping for

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

i think tes got the better draft because they didnt draft multiple autolose champs :)

Well it appears the auto lose champs didn't auto lose

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I kind of want suning to win, because I really think canyon vs sofm is a fun match

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I kind of want suning to win, because I really think canyon vs sofm is a fun match

yeah that would be great

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Also there's a lot of canyon puns if he wins

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

i do not think that the level of competition sword has been playing against would make him remotely ready to completely skip academy and go pro without potentially ruining his mental forever.

i think NA needs to foster young talent but considering how much of TSM is theoretically being replaced i don't believe you can just go throw in a totally raw player and expect it to work out. look how bad insanity looked on immortals versus academy because the team was dog poo poo. doublelift + the youngest jungler in NA is not a solid foundation for preparing someone to play professionally for the first time, especially when you consider they're either running back biofrost or likely picking up an unproven support as well.

if there was a really steady support on TSM and anchor top lane i think maybe you could just call sword up straight away but otherwise i don't think it's worth potentially derailing his career for no reason.

I think Sword is better than KatEvolved so I don't think they should just promote KatEvolved. I'd take an import or some other trade OR sword imo.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
lol ok jackeylove

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Karsa's Lee is a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I appreciate this Spotify partnership and some decent music during breaks.