Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Erdricks posted:

Anyone able to seriously explain why steve is paying lots of money to import a top laner from a mid tier EU team?

Alphari was the one bright spot Origen had this season, and if Impact is thinking about retiring he's a solid replacement who you might as well give the same paycheck to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/30169085/immortals-plans-decline-xmithie-option-hire-guilhoto-new-head-coach

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...utm_name=iossmf

I don’t know what’s more disappointing/pathetic. The rumoured Astralis team or Guilhoto (and apparently Xerxe) going to CLG. Astralis just look so anaemic while NA is living up to the retirement region name.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Erdricks posted:

Anyone able to seriously explain why steve is paying lots of money to import a top laner from a mid tier EU team?

he is arguably the best western top laner

njsykora posted:

Alphari was the one bright spot Origen had this season, and if Impact is thinking about retiring he's a solid replacement who you might as well give the same paycheck to.

i think he's definitely an upgrade on impact, the only consideration is he's using up their other import slot but its not like it was being well spent on broxah and there's probably not an available import jungler to use it on

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rumor is Jensen resigned for a 3 year $4.2million contract. Which if true that is insane.

My general question really is where the hell do they get that type of money from? It is just from investors that don't care about any return or what? It can't solely be from sponsors, merch and winnings.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 27, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

Rumor is Jensen resigned for a 3 year $4.2million contract. Which if true that is insane.

My general question really is where the hell do they get that type of money from? It is just from investors that don't care about any return or what? It can't solely be from sponsors, merch and winnings.

You have answered your own question. TL has a lot of VC money.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Not just a rumor

https://twitter.com/JacobWolf/status/1321210561007407115

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Steve and Jack are both incredibly rich from their own business dealings. That's why they started the orgs in the first place, they're basically their toys and any money they make from them is just a bonus.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Like all sports teams owning one is basically a vanity item and Jensen being a good resident Mid is incredibly valuable.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Good for Jensen.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Greataval posted:

Like all sports teams owning one is basically a vanity item and Jensen being a good resident Mid is incredibly valuable.

Plenty of major sports teams have seen massive increases in value over the years.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

iSurrender posted:

Plenty of major sports teams have seen massive increases in value over the years.

Very true to me TL will be similar to the Dodgers with having the most expensive roster.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I am going to say something controversial, which is that I do not think Damwon will 3-0 Suning. I think Suning will win a game.

DWG 3 - Suning 1

this dude is not losing finals

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Sexpansion posted:

I am going to say something controversial, which is that I do not think Damwon will 3-0 Suning. I think Suning will win a game.

DWG 3 - Suning 1

this dude is not losing finals

:agreed:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I approve of the mentality of going into a finals assuming you're never going to get there again.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Sun 3 -1

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Damwon will probably win, but the broadcasts have made me excited for the story of Suning. I could honestly see any result from 3-0 to 3-2 for either side. And I guess I don't trust the people who predicted G2 to win last year.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I've cooked up the new thread op, just need someone to show it to.

Damwon are going to win.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
DWG 3-1 (Bin somehow manages to 1v9 one game)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I want silver scrapes and a Korean victory

3:2 DWG

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I went from nearly dead-last in Groups pick'ems to having every single result in knockouts correct, there's only two people in the top 5 who don't have DWG as the winners. One has Sunning, and one has TES (I picked DWG)

I wanna see this hit Game 5, and despite my pickem I'm still rooting for Sunning so one of my Flash Wolves boys can win a title and I can finally be vindicated after like 5 years of rooting for Flash Wolves.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 31, 2020

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I want silver scrapes and a Korean victory

3:2 DWG

This is the ideal result imo. I'm just hoping its competitive

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like nuguri so if damwon wins i guess thats fine but the overwhelming favorite cruising to a victory is also extremely boring

SmokeATecmoBowl
Nov 9, 2006

Enjoy watching league but don't play at all. Saw tsm vs lmq at pax west quite a while ago as first intro to the sport and been enjoying worlds ever since. Lot of pressure for Suning hope they can play their hearts out and give a show.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

RealFoxy posted:

I wanna see this hit Game 5, and despite my pickem I'm still rooting for Sunning so one of my Flash Wolves boys can win a title and I can finally be vindicated after like 5 years of rooting for Flash Wolves.

Same, I really really want someone from Flash Wolves to finally win a worlds, but Damwon just looks so overwhelming.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I. Am. Stoked.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
MasterCard oh yeah

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
China has become esports home because youre literally not allowed to leave

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
was not expecting C pop tonight

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wait, there's a crowd? drat.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

new motorcycle champion looks cool

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

oh God it's whatername with the emo twitter account

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
No matter how many different times they put Ahri in CG she's always one of the most uncanny valley models

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Riding motorcycles onto stage seems dangerous

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
this is terrifying

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The robots have finally taken over.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That is some really impressive VR poo poo, tbh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the crowd is absolutely losing their poo poo for this

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There will never be a better raw hype Worlds theme than Legends Never Die.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
We want Pentakill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

the crowd is absolutely losing their poo poo for this

amazing that they got an original xbox to use as a stage