Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

honestly, the weirdest part of this is signing swordart for $6 million over 2 years. like, the dude's undeniably good, but pulling out all the financial stops for a support seems suspect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

What in the world is TSM doing

Why are you paying a support 3 million when your top is gonna be Dhokla

s h o t c a l l i n g

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vermain posted:

honestly, the weirdest part of this is signing swordart for $6 million over 2 years. like, the dude's undeniably good, but pulling out all the financial stops for a support seems suspect

You can make a good argument for CoreJJ being a major reason that Liquid became an actual contender in NA, and a huge reason for Tactical becoming as good as he is so quickly. If TSM are actually going to try and raise a new bot talent (unlikely but it could happen), having a really good support to back them up is pretty important.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Support carry is the new meta.

also this:

Victory Lap posted:

Maybe swordart wouldn't sign until doublelift had officially retired.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Vermain posted:

IDK man it's all right there in the article:

The Washington Post posted:

Saying that he thinks TSM will one day become the Dallas Cowboys, Real Madrid, and F.C. Barcelona “combined,” Dinh said he sees the $6 million as “a really small investment a decade down the road.”

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I mean Regi once thought he could be an elite midlaner, no-one said his dreams were realistic.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vermain posted:

s h o t c a l l i n g

how is SwordArt's english?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
lmao

https://twitter.com/BloopGG/status/1332044271793352705

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

An ERL team not the worst place for him to land, even if the NLC is rapidly becoming a retirement home for former Misfits midlaners and also big RIP to Magifelix. That's not the funniest Fnatic signing of the day though.
https://twitter.com/FNATIC/status/1331984109594419202

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
that would be much funnier if he (febiven) were signed to the main squad

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Not the worst adc in Europe but uh... well hes not rekkles. FNC must be getting hosed off with G2 nabbing 2 of their best players

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
prediction: upset inarguably best eu adc summer 2021

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

njsykora posted:

I mean Regi once thought he could be an elite midlaner, no-one said his dreams were realistic.

TSM is an insanely successful org and Regi is one of the only endemic org owners that didn't have to sell majority shares to the NBA

poo poo on TSM league all you want but they are contenders in multiple games, own incredibly popular applications and web apps, and have a large stable of popular streamers

Anyways I don't understand signing SwordArt without Double lift, but it's undeniable that ADC is probably among the least important roles right now and support is arguably one of the most impactful especially in team play so OK.

Lost-SA could probably be mid tier with some upside but they still need a top that's worth something. dhokla ain't it but maybe we see TSM Honker...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

impact is still available, they can still trade for huni and put him at adc too :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

how is SwordArt's english?

actually pretty good! he's given interviews in english before and seems conversationally fluent, which is all you really need for heat-of-the-moment ingame communication

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
There should be a site that summarizes all the important roster moves for lazy people like myself.

(Maybe there is one, idk)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/k1uuv1/dwg_sign_khan_and_chasy/

DWG signs Khan to replace Nuguri. Rumor is Nuguri is heading to FPX. Nuguri is a way better weakside player as we saw at worlds but I still feel like Khan/Nuguri tops don't fit in FPX's playstyle. They need a guy who will permapick gp/camille and give up lane prio to make tp plays around the map. The Gimgoom/Impact/Soaz type of player.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

having my favorite two players on one team would be very good

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013

Smol posted:

There should be a site that summarizes all the important roster moves for lazy people like myself.

(Maybe there is one, idk)

Reddit has a pinned post in the league subreddit. Also maybe one of the wiki sites, but reddit made it easy for me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Leaguepedia tracks stuff by scraping the GCD but doesn’t track rumours. It’s a good site for remembering what’s been made official.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

Leaguepedia tracks stuff by scraping the GCD but doesn’t track rumours. It’s a good site for remembering what’s been made official.

Ya just check leaguepedia, they update as soon as an official source announces the move.

I think only China/Korea is still unclear to who is going where. Demacia Cup starts in December 21st so I think we will see most of the spring rosters by then already. LPL rosters finalized will stabilize LCK too since there is lots of inter transfer between the regions.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mad Lions have their top laner at last, bringing in Armut from Supermassive. Not a bad idea bringing in one of the players who embarassed you at Worlds. So that team is now Armut/Shadow/Humanoid/Carzzy/Kaiser. Very happy if they're just making one small change for the year given I don't think their problems are unfixable with time.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 28, 2020

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I thought they were signing Elyoya to replace Shadow already

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Lol.gamepedia has a roster shuffle (including rumors) page

https://lol.gamepedia.com/Roster_Swaps/Current/North_America

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TSM/status/1333470858975842306?s=20

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Yes...YES!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
doublelift unretire challenge

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tsm roster....good?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I mean other than huni?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was listening to The Dive and their opinion of the roster was basically they're solid mid-table at worst. Mind you that was when they still thought they'd have Doublelift so it's pretty heavily dependant still on who they can get for bot lane what it's actually going to look like now, I can totally see them getting owned through bot all season if they can't find anyone decent.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

I was listening to The Dive and their opinion of the roster was basically they're solid mid-table at worst. Mind you that was when they still thought they'd have Doublelift so it's pretty heavily dependant still on who they can get for bot lane what it's actually going to look like now, I can totally see them getting owned through bot all season if they can't find anyone decent.

IIRC, they're promoting Lost up to the starting roster, unless I misread the release. I think it's a solidly B-tier team with good potential for top 5 if Huni shows up and Swordart overperforms.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

while Lost is PROBABLY not as good as even washed Doublelift, i think not having DLs impact on the team is a net gain. it's time for some Ewing Theory, folks

for what its worth Lost was allegedly better than FBI, although that doesn't really mean he's got the same potential to improve exactly.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
From DL's stream DL basically retired due to the SwordArt deal falling through and not wanting to work with Palette because he didnt speak english, so he retired and then SA ended up getting done anyways. RIP. Didn't close the door on coming back, so maybe we see an emergency DL sub-in after "spring", but he basically said NA is never gonna do good at worlds so the thought of grinding just to get aped in groups or lose in QF was demotivating.

Lost was good in the OCE league (as Rabid said where FBI also hails from) and he certainly was one of the top academy ADCs, but you'd much rather have FBI right now than Lost. FBI had potential and reached it, Lost has potential but they'll need to actually get him there. Biofrost would never groom him into a winning ADC but SA might be able to CoreJJ or Huhi him into a Tactical/FBI breakout player.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The new TSM roster has a lot of potential. If Huni plays even half as well as he did on his FNatic run TSM could finally make it out of elo hell, he's been playing like he's just collecting a paycheck since going back to SKT, but he seem to thrive off fun team environments. Spica showed at World's that he has the mechanics to carry a team, but Bjerg and DLift just ignored him. PoE is a oddball but he can still poo poo-stomp with his off-meta build picks and SwordArt is definitely world-class, even when he was on Flash Wolves he seemed like one of the best players in the scene.

This might be the first time since Season 3 I've rooted for TSM, I like all the players.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Goldenglue/status/1333879035718475781

Goldenglue retiring as well, he'll be a coach for 100T.A

e: :stare:

https://twitter.com/DRXGlobal/status/1334031336785416192?s=20

Max Coveri fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 2, 2020

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Soooooo

Wheres nemesis going

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Right now seems to be replacing Magifelix on Fnatic Rising.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

el dingo posted:

Soooooo

Wheres nemesis going

At this point he may as well go to Turkey.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Academy and ERL moves, Darshan is going to C9A, Dreams to Flyquest Academy, Wadid is leaving the LCK broadcast to play in LatAm for All Knights and Orome is replacing Sendoo on BT Excel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

The new TSM roster has a lot of potential. If Huni plays even half as well as he did on his FNatic run TSM could finally make it out of elo hell, he's been playing like he's just collecting a paycheck since going back to SKT, but he seem to thrive off fun team environments. Spica showed at World's that he has the mechanics to carry a team, but Bjerg and DLift just ignored him. PoE is a oddball but he can still poo poo-stomp with his off-meta build picks and SwordArt is definitely world-class, even when he was on Flash Wolves he seemed like one of the best players in the scene.

This might be the first time since Season 3 I've rooted for TSM, I like all the players.

agreed. I hope they do good