Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
how do people get 'past their prime' in league, a game that only uses your wrist, which should last you EASILY into the thirties if you're keeping up the vitamin enhanced dew, and your brain which, although ranked has led me to believe otherwise, does not lose its folds as you hit your late twenties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
hey guys, im paid thousands of dollars to play league of legends but somehow i cant keep up with the other guys playing the exact same game as me who cant physically do anything i cant - aphromoo, i guess

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
playing this stupid game for over 12 hours a day like most of them do probably rots the gently caress out of your brain to be honest. keeping that up for years is gonna destroy almost anyone.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

your friend a dog posted:

how do people get 'past their prime' in league, a game that only uses your wrist, which should last you EASILY into the thirties if you're keeping up the vitamin enhanced dew, and your brain which, although ranked has led me to believe otherwise, does not lose its folds as you hit your late twenties
I got carpel tunnel when I was 20 and I didn't even jerk off that much or play e-sports

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ArbitraryC posted:

Can you give the thread the mlg tag cause that's how I find this and the other lol thread whenever I come to games.

Bookmark it!!!!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

burnout mostly

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

so what was the point of challenger series and relegations? a bunch of money maybe. that's it.

This was already going to be the case, though. If TL got relegated do you really think they wouldn't buy a spot if being in LCS was a requirement for getting into the franchising? Riot just decided that the 3mil should go to them instead of whatever challenger team managed to nab a spot.

E:

njsykora posted:

Aphro is past his prime, same as LemonNation. Only CLG are a decent team while Flyquest are a bad team.
LemonNation being past his prime implies he had one. LemonNation is a smart player but his mechanics were never great. He became obsolete when they let coaches do pickban so having a player who was good at drafting was no longer a huge asset.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 17, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lovechop posted:

playing this stupid game for over 12 hours a day like most of them do probably rots the gently caress out of your brain to be honest. keeping that up for years is gonna destroy almost anyone.

I think there's also a certain level of inflexibility that builds up over the years if you haven't really been training yourself otherwise. There's no "logical" reason Aphromoo shouldn't be able to play and do well with Soraka/Janna/Karma, but he just looks completely ill-at-ease playing them, and his team always seems to eat poo poo whenever he does. I think he's built up a very specific style of play over the years (the shotcaller/initiator), and breaking that pattern this far into his career is extremely difficult.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
btw is olleh actually good or is it like when everyone was losing their mind over adrian again

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

btw is olleh actually good or is it like when everyone was losing their mind over adrian again

Its difficult to judge support and jungle apart from their team. Good supports can look bad on a bad team; bad supports can look good on a bad team.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think Aphro is the #2 support in NA but I also don't think he's past his prime. He's just exactly average.

Like Smoothie is really good and the shot caller for Cloud 9 and it's real obvious why he was chosen over Bunny and then you've got Olleh who's improved with Cody Sun just from a mechanic stand point and then of course Biofrost has continued to improve with his time in the league. Even then there are a couple options I would go for before I hit old man moo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lovechop posted:

Olleh is actually good. He's got Aphro's excellent game sense and decisiveness when it comes to engages and roaming, but he also plays really well on disengage/enchanter supports like Lulu. There was one game where he held onto Whimsy for a ridiculously long time and used it the exact second the enemy Gnar was about to go Mega and slam 3 or 4 of them into a wall. It seems minor, but that sort of play requires a lot of discipline. You can see the same sort of gameplay when he's in solo queue, and it's not surprising he hit rank 1 as a support main.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

MM lose game 1 of the promotion tournament off a backdoor when Tristana gets minion blocked and can't get in range of Jayce to stop him killing the nexus, lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You need to mention the Jayce in question was 0/5/0.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

Bookmark it!!!!

I have pretty much never in the history of this site actually used bookmarks, I guess that's my own problem but I do appreciate the OP for changing the tag.

On topic, so the only thing we have left is people fighting over top 3 for this split right? Is it still possible for immortals to go 0/3 in the semis and not make worlds?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ArbitraryC posted:

I have pretty much never in the history of this site actually used bookmarks, I guess that's my own problem but I do appreciate the OP for changing the tag.

On topic, so the only thing we have left is people fighting over top 3 for this split right? Is it still possible for immortals to go 0/3 in the semis and not make worlds?
That's basically what happened last year with Immortals finishing high in both Spring and Summer then getting beaten in playoffs/gauntlet. The only teams that are absolutely confirmed at the moment are Flash Wolves who already qualify on Circuit points, and either SKT or KT who play Saturday.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

I think you can only play video game 53 hours a day while Korean men beat you with garden hoses for so long before you fall off. Also there's absolutely no benefit to long term game knowledge in league because it completely changes every 2 weeks.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Monkeys already in losers lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vermain posted:

I think there's also a certain level of inflexibility that builds up over the years if you haven't really been training yourself otherwise. There's no "logical" reason Aphromoo shouldn't be able to play and do well with Soraka/Janna/Karma, but he just looks completely ill-at-ease playing them, and his team always seems to eat poo poo whenever he does. I think he's built up a very specific style of play over the years (the shotcaller/initiator), and breaking that pattern this far into his career is extremely difficult.

i dont think that aphromoo is actually explicitly ~bad~ on ardent censer supports, i think that it's that the team basically requires him to initiate. maybe they should trick darshan into believing the enemy carries are actually creeps in a side lane

Work Friend Keven posted:

I think you can only play video game 53 hours a day while Korean men beat you with garden hoses for so long before you fall off. Also there's absolutely no benefit to long term game knowledge in league because it completely changes every 2 weeks.

this is actually a great point. if you could bring in his prime dandy to right now with a time machine somehow he wouldnt know poo poo about the meta or jungle pathing and wouldnt have familiarity with how any of the champs currently play. its also sort of why its dumb as gently caress for players to demand an ex pro coach and also why all ex pros who become casters stop being interesting from the ex pro angle within 3-6 months.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 17, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
rick fox is on qtpie's stream trying very graciously to talk about keith without saying he's bad it's quite sweet

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
so OMG is really bad, huh

e: lmao doinb did 50% of his team's damage

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 18, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The EU LCS All-Pro Team has been released

Top: SoaZ (FNC)
Jun: Broxah (FNC)
Mid: Febiven (H2K)
ADC: Rekkles (FNC)
Sup: Mithy (G2)

Both Jessiz and especially Chei were much more impressive than Mithy imo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
i don't know any of these giants players outside of gillius.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This was looking like an even match before Jizzuke realised he was playing Ekko and could basically 1v1 anyone.

E: NIP are gonna get 3-0'd.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 18, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

njsykora posted:

E: NIP are gonna get 3-0'd.

lol maybe

NIP losing their spot again would be just so hilarious

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This series has settled into a rhythm of nothing happens for a while then Jiizuke solo kills someone out of nowhere and Giants win.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ardent Censor is fine right, guys?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
gilius is my boy

https://twitter.com/giliuslol/status/898611176116015104

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The last two spots to qualify for LPL playoffs will be determined this week with both fourth seeds from both groups are either tied or neck and neck with another team and coincidentally playing against one another this week :tinfoil:

DAN/Snake Gaming to determine Group A's playoffs (With iG, World Elite, and Edward Gaming)
JD/SN Gaming to determine Group B's playoffs (With NewBee, OMG, and Royal)

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Killed By Death posted:

What am I looking at other than Janna and Ori having Censors?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

A midlaner building Censor, yes. I think it's dumb, like that brief period where top lane tanks were building Redemption.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Killed By Death posted:

A midlaner building Censor, yes. I think it's dumb, like that brief period where top lane tanks were building Redemption.

What do you think about Karma mid with Athene's + Censer?

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
some garbage player building ardent censor doesnt mean anything

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

At this point if you're the only person on your team who can shield you're on censer duty, and it's not like Ori is going to suffer for building an item that gives AP and cooldown reduction.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

kirtar posted:

What do you think about Karma mid with Athene's + Censer?

I wouldn't be even surprised if Faker pulled something like that off today.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
(SKT vs KT is in 1.5 hours in case someone forgot)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Killed By Death posted:

Ah poo poo... Well you know how this goes. First Sub EULCS teams do it, then power of evil does it, then everyone jacks off to HondaMan6666 of the Brazil Fighting Game Sky Tigers building it on Support Rammus in group stage of worlds, then I jack off to sivir's splash art. Ardent needs nerf.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I'm hype for the telecom war baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Telecom War time!

SKT 3-0?