Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
LPL gets like 1/10th the viewership LCK gets (in english). it's really sad to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

LPL gets like 1/10th the viewership LCK gets (in english). it's really sad to see.

I think it's a combination of competition for time slots with the LCK, more legacy value from Korea being the best-of-the-best for most of life of the game, and the LCK casters having stronger on-air personalities than the LPL cast. People like Atlus, PapaSmithy, and LS fill a lot of virtual seats because of how distinctive and energetic they are as larger-than-life presenters, and while the newer LPL casters aren't bad at their jobs, they don't have that same kind of presence that might bring more people over to watch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Watching Meteos feed his rear end off on Teemo mid is more fun than any LPL game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

jimmydalad posted:

I studied Chinese in school. The experience was traumatising enough that I don't want to touch the language again and I promptly forgot most of it.

lol this was my experience as well - a semester of mandarin and I noped out.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

Watching Meteos feed his rear end off on Teemo mid is more fun than any LPL game.

You monster.

Btw Uzi didn't sign with RNG and changed his KR account name to No More maybe hinting at a possible retirement or atleast a break.

Also for those who want competitive league, LPL returns THIS WEEK! Its going to start I believe on Thursday night for us Westerners. I can't find a schedule as what the matches are on the opening but LPL english twitter should post it by then.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Uzi has retired :(

http://imgur.com/vblfTxC

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not unexpected but sad nonetheless

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Absolute legendary player. I think he is the 2nd best player of all time. Carried worse teams on a worse role than Fakers. Was one of the few players, Koreans feared in their prime.
Last 2 worlds were a shame he didn't make it out but he was often still one of the best performing players in those few games he did player.

On a more important note I hope he has good luck improving his health with his wrist and diabetes issues.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Watching the LPL and it’s been a wild ride. EDG once again succeed in disappointing their fans. The choke is very real.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Top Esports with vs without Jackeylove seems pretty night and day atm. Karsa, 369 and Knight having to carry hard to compensate for the lack of power bot lane. That match was way too close.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya Qiuqiu is a support player imo if they had an ADC it should have been a clean win. Karsa and Knight were smurfing. Nice to see Karsa play well in LPL as he was giga trash in regular split last split.

Also FPX lost to LNG somehow who have such a weak roster. I think we will see Gimgoon back again after another loss. There is no question Khan is a better player but I feel like Spring was the split to give Khan gametime but they didn't even do that.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Will the summer games be live, will they have a live audience? Is it different in NA vs EU?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

pidan posted:

Will the summer games be live, will they have a live audience? Is it different in NA vs EU?

I think it's yes, no and no in that order.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I have no idea what Bin was thinking trying to flank with Wukong and no ultimate. Not sure it's enough to overcome the cancer that is Aphelios being allowed to scale.

EDIT: Oh wait, JDG have Yuumi, who is also cancer, speaking as someone who mains the kitty cat. Ezreal + Yuumi is disgusting.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 10, 2020

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

njsykora posted:

I think it's yes, no and no in that order.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I expected.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Sunning throwing two games in a row must be rough on them mentally. Angel didn't really impress me this series, but at least they looked competitive. I'm curious to see if they can keep up this momentum and maybe even challenge for playoffs.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

Sunning throwing two games in a row must be rough on them mentally. Angel didn't really impress me this series, but at least they looked competitive. I'm curious to see if they can keep up this momentum and maybe even challenge for playoffs.

Suning was almost in playoffs last year but WE went on a random winning streak to get ahead of a bunch of teams stuck in the 8-10th range. Angel is quite good but has a very limited champ pool(zoe, kass, syndra, tf). They do have a really good roster imo, I think all the players are decent to good even for LPL level. Although their main condition seems to be Huanfeng carrying late game, he is an exciting new rookie, reminds me of LWX a couple years ago. I would say Huanfeng and Hope are the most exciting rookie adcs in LPL.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/Immortals/status/1270838474405486592a

Xmithie benched lol, Reggie is on the phone rn

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I didn't watch a lot of Immortals games last split but uh I would be surprised that the problem with the team starting Eika is Xmithie

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Eika, the worst mid in na, or a veteran jungle whose teams almost always end up in playoffs?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So that game was a lesson in why you don’t let Kassadin or Aphelios scale. Wink looks good and Fenfen basically styled on the enemy in game 2.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

IG’s teamfighting in game 2 was shockingly abysmal. Diving into the enemy jungle to chase a Bard and leaving behind your carries is bad enough, let alone the enemy composition comprising of Aphelios, Ornn, Galio and Graves. If they continue playing like this, I’ll be surprised if IG makes playoffs, let alone qualify for worlds.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Watching the academy games for some odd reason and I like the whole new graphic look. It's so much cleaner to read

Banners are a nice touch though having the team names instead of LCS would be better I think

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 12, 2020

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Watching the academy games for some odd reason and I like the whole new graphic look. It's so much cleaner to read

Banners are a nice touch though having the team names instead of LCS would be better I think

I preferred the older color coded readability, juts because it was faster to parse at a glance, but that's something they can easily adjust.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Academy is fun because you see some true big brain plays, like Fenix pushing top on Karma while his team loses a 2nd inhibitor and a 3rd inhib tower.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

IG’s teamfighting in game 2 was shockingly abysmal. Diving into the enemy jungle to chase a Bard and leaving behind your carries is bad enough, let alone the enemy composition comprising of Aphelios, Ornn, Galio and Graves. If they continue playing like this, I’ll be surprised if IG makes playoffs, let alone qualify for worlds.

IG has so much talent they can still turn it around, TheShy's scores are awful but he is still winning most lanes by 40-50cs easily with 0 jungler help.

I do agree with you IG's comp made no sense with how they tried to play it. Corki/Ez/Yumi seems like a perfect kiting/poke comp but their topside is Aatrox/J4 who want to dive teamfight.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rekkles saying that caps is a better mid and bot? but i havent seen him as a good botlaner

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
ban varus

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lethality varus seriously feels like a P/B champ at the moment. i dunno if it's really possible to draft enough hard engage in the current ecosystem to actually force hard enough onto his team to nullify his advantage

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Oh wow, two scaling team comps. How exhilirating.

EDIT: Also, Ezreal and Yuumi is a disgusting combination that teams shouldn't give away.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

Also, Ezreal and Yuumi is a disgusting combination that teams shouldn't give away.

it feels like a lot of the metagame has shifted back down to botlane again, with varus/X and ezreal/yuumi forcing either picks or bans nearly every game

a lot of ADCs, especially over in china, are starting to clue in to how loving busted death's dance is as well. i'd actually be surprised if innaxe was able to die come the next teamfight unless he gets 100-0'd off of a shurima shuffle

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

S04 has two ADCs that both somehow simultaneously forgot that both executioner's calling and last whisper exist

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Not buying any anti-heal against Yuumi is asking to lose. Heck, the tanks could pick up Bramble or something. Having your jungle graves get the first anti-heal item at 40 minutes is ridiculous.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I kinda want to see what happens if someone bans Destiny's nautilus

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Alphari looks like the one thing that's keeping Origen competitive. That and Trick inting.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
lmao origen

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

You know it's bad when Origen can't win a late game. I can't tell if SK look good or Origen is just bad. Limit pretty much smurfed on Destiny and Nukeduck wasn't impressive either. I'm not too sad because it's Borigen so maybe this will be the kick that they need to learn they can't just sit around and do nothing.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
two junglers, a chogath, a kalista and somehow an ezreal takes the baron ????

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I dunno why I dislike Fnatic so much, but they seriously had no business winning that game. Apparently Misfits aren’t able to secure objectives. I don’t know how Ezreal got that Baron and I can’t believe the game ended the way it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm ready for some fiesta!

Edit: Oh still an hour. Just playing The Dive

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 13, 2020