Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Greataval posted:

I don't think irealia really needed those buffs.

i think she's dope to see played well and i'm glad to have her back as a meta pick, provided she doesn't completely crowd out everyone else like in the bad old days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't think Irelia is too bad. What I'm worried about is Jax buffs + Shen back in the meta.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Curious if TSM was intentionally letting Caitlyn get hit by every Ashe arrow with Black Shield up just to bait C9 into fighting

Because C9 straight up lost their minds every time it happened

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Curious if TSM was intentionally letting Caitlyn get hit by every Ashe arrow with Black Shield up just to bait C9 into fighting

Because C9 straight up lost their minds every time it happened

tbh, it's hard to think of a fight C9 could take that wasn't doomed. solo kennen flanks got shut down hard by exhaust + black shield every time; you can't shuffle the enemy team into kennen, because then you put morgana + sett in range of everyone; blaber can't access the backline because of sett; and there's close to zero peel against irelia zooming into the backline and making mince out of an immobile ashe

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

santorin slowly metamorphosing into commander riker

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Vermain posted:

tbh, it's hard to think of a fight C9 could take that wasn't doomed. solo kennen flanks got shut down hard by exhaust + black shield every time; you can't shuffle the enemy team into kennen, because then you put morgana + sett in range of everyone; blaber can't access the backline because of sett; and there's close to zero peel against irelia zooming into the backline and making mince out of an immobile ashe

TSMs drafts have quietly been very good the past 2 weeks. They've had some iffy execution but they havent outright thrown a game in draft recently. I dunno whats changed there maybe this is just a good patch without too many bad bait picks for them to blunder with.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

also, good call:
https://twitter.com/TreatzLoL/status/1290042808070369280

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah that's the best way to beat C9 as everyone has clearly discovered. They are very undisciplined and will take every fight if they see any angle but don't think about how they are going to get back out. It's 90% on Blaber but also the team for not reining him in.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Better jungle wins.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yay Flyquest!

I really enjoy watching Santorin and Solo. Turtle did great too

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

Firebert posted:

Yeah that's the best way to beat C9 as everyone has clearly discovered. They are very undisciplined and will take every fight if they see any angle but don't think about how they are going to get back out. It's 90% on Blaber but also the team for not reining him in.

So C9 is IG just less skilled and a way weaker mid.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Nisqy looked good when he was emulating doinb. When he doesn’t do that he doesn’t look as good. Still I think some losses are good for c9 so they can shore up weaknesses. Still have good talent.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What a depressing game from IMT.

On the bright side...MarkZ coming through for the viewers.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 3, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Golden Guardians could have their first positive record ever with one more win. Only took 3 years.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

What a depressing game from IMT.

On the bright side...MarkZ coming through for the viewers.

i'll never say a bad word ever again about anyone who gets me two free masterwork chests

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ulio posted:

Btw RNG just beat TES, normally this wouldn't be a huge deal but RNG has been completely average this split. XLB ran TES down to the ground, also JKL seems tilted since his game losing mistake vs his former team IG.

That was pretty crazy, XLB on nidalee with dark harvest was good fun.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Vermain posted:

i'll never say a bad word ever again about anyone who gets me two free masterwork chests

i was going to flip my poo poo about the drops for LCS being pretty bad saturday and up to this point in sunday. Like I feel there should be 2 drops no matter what every day even if they are only the IP ones. The huge drop def made up for it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

That was pretty crazy, XLB on nidalee with dark harvest was good fun.

XLB is so loving talented it's insane. Karsa was by far RNG's best player last year and I thought it was gonna be hard to replace him. but XLB actually living up to past RNG junglers.

About Irelia, I love playing her in soloq so I am happy for the buffs. I still think she is better mid than top because once you hit lvl6 she can pretty much 1v2. She EATS some of these meta champs like Zoe/Syndra/Orianna alive due to her insanely optimal itemization versus them(bork/wits > Mercs or even double doran sword + null mantle), if they have a top tank like Ornn even better. She is pretty high execution in teamfights so that's why we don't see her as much but I think we could start seeing it more if we see some tank junglers come in. She works great with Sejuani.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Some leakers in the Eu scene are suggesting Trick has left to Korea due to family reasons and Fnatic will bench one of the players(most likely Nemesis or Hyli as the other fnatic rising roles are not strong).

IF the fnatic thing is true sounds very weird to do this in the last week, to bring a rookie in a super week situation where you have to make playoffs. I know Hyli has been inting it but if you didn't bench him mid split now is not the time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I would say with some certainty that Bravado would be an improvement over Hyllissang right now and Fnatic Rising won't be hurt that badly by having to play Riddle with a sub support, even with Riddle's current run of form (4 game win streak including holding a 2-0 record over group leaders BT Excel).

E: Delighted to see playoffs Maxlore continues to exist even in the NLC as Munster crash the gently caress out to Nordavind.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 4, 2020

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Greataval posted:

So C9 is IG just less skilled and a way weaker mid.

yes, they're just the team carried by two very strong solo laners. the exact same.

edit: i know as a c9 hater this will just come off as gloating but i am legitimately hoping that the talk of Blaber having the best win percentage of all-time will stop. he's not exactly Balls but he's more like the modern day WildTurtle. if you put him on 100T he would just be thought of as a dude who makes bad engages often, but instead he was on a C9 team that spent resources on him every game and was able to win all three lanes virtually the entire time during their winning streak so he looked way better.

second edit: FPX had the cleanest 2-0 of the season last night.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 5, 2020

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Top Esports just got annihilated by EStar in game 1

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that's because wink is back, baby!*

*do not refer to game 2

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TES are still first place but they have looked incredibly shaky in their games post IG defeat 2-0. The suning win 2-0 last week was 2 incredibly close games, felt like Suning could have easily gone 2-0 themselves. And now ES who is a terrible team this split got early game leads vs them super easily in g1 g3.
It seems like TES are starting to play IG last summer? They just ignore JKL's lane. I know JKL is kinda like Uzi he can win lane even without jungler help but that only works when he has a champ with mobility like Xayah/Kaisa/Ez so he can outplay ganks. I've seen so many games of JKL/Yuyanjia pushing on immobile champs like Ashe/Naut and JKL seems to always be at leas 0/2 0/3 before teamfight/midgame phase
Really hope Karsa starts helping bot more because that's the playstyle that turned their spring around when JKL came. Or if they want JKL to play weakside pick Ez or heck even Cait/Morg is pretty self sustaining even if they push under turret they can get out of most ganks but Cait doesn't seem like a JKL type champ.

Anyway happy to see my boy Mole finally make playoffs, he has been one of the best mids in LPL for so long but hardstuck on one of the worst rosters. Reminds me of Icon but with a slightly bigger champ pool.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the prime league playoffs game 3 of mouse vs. UoL was a loving banger if you need some more league to watch

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

the prime league playoffs game 3 of mouse vs. UoL was a loving banger if you need some more league to watch

Ya was watching cause I am still hoping Lider gets 1 full split of LEC. Man that was a crazy comeback. Lider was shitstomping Envycarry in lane and it's not like that guy is even bad.

Also not sure if you watched the following series but Mouz played again. They beat GL to make German League finals vs Schalke04. I think its repeat of same finals as last split or pretty close? Anyway in the 2nd game of Mouz vs GL, GL toplaner picked Amumu top and it looked about as good as amumu top sounds.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I just saw an instant 3k gold swing in this Academy game from a Draven cash out/Irelia shut down.

Academy is a wild place.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 7, 2020

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

I just saw an instant 3k gold swing in this Academy game from a Draven cash out/Irelia shut down.

Academy is a wild place.

C9A vs. CLGA was surprisingly action packed, i liked it

also jesus that grig ult was one of the funniest things i've seen this year

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just caught the DWG vs GenG highlight. Clid seems meh compared to his prior form, last split and on SKT he was imo the best player in the league with Teddy. DWG also reminding me of the old IG with topside domination with invading jungler and two strong sololaners. Their botlane isn't as good as JKL/Baolan but Ghost is certainly a improvement over Nuclear who could only play Kai'sa. Honestly I think if they get a good weakside adc like Bang, holy gently caress this team would be epic or Hybrid/Route.

Seems like Korea has so many teams that could improve instantly with 1 change. Like Afreeca with a more self sustaining mid would be really loving good too.

Also LEC super week starts tomorrow. Hopefully Schalke can make the miracle run happen.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jacob Wolf did an article about the fallout from the Neom deal, it sounds like it was an absolute trainwreck at every stage where they were rushing to get the deal done before anyone told them no.

quote:

A potential deal between NEOM and Riot was brought forward by Lagardère Sports and Entertainment, the French agency responsible for League European Championship sponsorship and sales. From there, the internal European, Middle East and African business development team for Riot evaluated the deal and pushed forward.

In that process, a visibility email was sent to Laurent and several executives, but none of them approved or disapproved, leading the business development team responsible to believe it was OK to proceed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The speed at which they set up a new oversight body should tell you just how hamfistedly this was rammed through by parties who almost assuredly had private, personal reasons for wanting it. There must have been a massive internal revolt to match the outer signs.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Ulio posted:

Also LEC super week starts tomorrow. Hopefully Schalke can make the miracle run happen.

I believe.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The miracle run would include twisting the knife on Fnatic so I am in full support of it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ulio posted:

Just caught the DWG vs GenG highlight. Clid seems meh compared to his prior form, last split and on SKT he was imo the best player in the league with Teddy. DWG also reminding me of the old IG with topside domination with invading jungler and two strong sololaners. Their botlane isn't as good as JKL/Baolan but Ghost is certainly a improvement over Nuclear who could only play Kai'sa. Honestly I think if they get a good weakside adc like Bang, holy gently caress this team would be epic or Hybrid/Route.

Seems like Korea has so many teams that could improve instantly with 1 change. Like Afreeca with a more self sustaining mid would be really loving good too.

I think Clid has been pretty good other than that series, will be interesting to see if we see Karthus move up in priority.

I'm really hoping DWG don't choke, it seems like the last few top Korean teams always fall to bits when it counts

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

damwon is totally reliant on a dude who is probably the greediest pro in a major region, i think their level of play would have to be distinctly above all other teams in the world to put them in a place where they're safe from variance. i just don't see that ever happening.

also i think karthus requires very specific drafts to be viable but he should be viable since LCK teams in particular love setting up drafts that let other teams second rotation him. if teams try to force it they're gonna get clowned tho.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The omega foldy sheet is here.
https://twitter.com/LoLEsportsStats/status/1291757324135096320

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

damwon is totally reliant on a dude who is probably the greediest pro in a major region, i think their level of play would have to be distinctly above all other teams in the world to put them in a place where they're safe from variance. i just don't see that ever happening.

also i think karthus requires very specific drafts to be viable but he should be viable since LCK teams in particular love setting up drafts that let other teams second rotation him. if teams try to force it they're gonna get clowned tho.

Actually doesn't seem like Nuguri is their main carry anymore. I mean he still takes a lot of resources in draft/ingame but Showmaker has been the best mid in LCK for me this split pretty clearly even though guys like Chovy/BDD have had stellar seasons as well.

CODChimera posted:

I think Clid has been pretty good other than that series, will be interesting to see if we see Karthus move up in priority.

I'm really hoping DWG don't choke, it seems like the last few top Korean teams always fall to bits when it counts

Ya you know the problem with LCK's playoff gauntlet system is the first placed team never wins the league almost ever because they have 0 match practice while the teams below them get to play more games. We have seen SKT run the gauntlet so many times now and by the time they come to finals even though they are underdog people forget they have fixed most of their issue while other team hasn't had to realize what their flaws were in a bo5 setting.

Faker isn't even starting for SKT but so far they haven't played any top teams, I am guessing they keep playing Clozer until he loses. But more people need to talk about Canna, holy gently caress where did this guy come from, he has been the best toplaner for me since spring playoffs. Zoom and Theshy have been kinda inconsistent this season. 369 and Kiin are the other players close to his level.

Not sure if anyone here caught AFS vs Dynamic but Kiin had some insane Akali plays to turn the game around. Recommend checking the highlights of AFS out, Kiin and Mystic almost always have montage worthy plays every game.

Also I hope to god Yone is enabled for worlds, just saw Lider play him on masters elo and he made him look absolutely broken but he is also one of the best yasuo players so he learned the champ faster than other people. Could see someone like Caps picking it up very quickly.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 7, 2020

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

but he is also one of the best yasuo players so he learned the champ faster than other people.

This was actually fully intentional, funnily enough. The devs have said that part of their motivation behind Yone's design was to have him as an "echo fighter" - a character whose moveset and playstyle is highly similar to another character's - in order to bring down Yasuo's overall pick rate by having Yasuo mains pick up Yone as well.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that sett/voli interaction was loving hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'd expect the team with 2 drakes, 2 towers and 2 rift heralds to have built a bigger gold lead than about 1k.