Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The assassination slight inconveniencing of TL by the coward IMT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Can anyone explain why CLG benched Pobelter? Seemed like he was their only competent player and the only reason for their wins.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

Can anyone explain why CLG benched Pobelter? Seemed like he was their only competent player and the only reason for their wins.

the only angle that makes any kind of sense to me is that they've accepted that they're out of worlds contention and have decided to start investing more in their rookies, because i don't think swapping in tuesday/fragas is good even as a hail mary

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can't believe that Ashe arrow hit.

Yo Ignar.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 9, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

the only angle that makes any kind of sense to me is that they've accepted that they're out of worlds contention and have decided to start investing more in their rookies, because i don't think swapping in tuesday/fragas is good even as a hail mary

Eh ya that was what I thought but I use to watch quite a lot of academy in the previous seasons and Fragas/Tuesday never stood out. Fragas I've seen lots of coaches say he is a good teammate but that is the poo poo you normally say when the player has no other redeemable quality. As for Tuesday he has just been bogstandard mediocre maybe he will prove me wrong but I have never been impressed with him. Soligo/Ablazeolive/Yusui/Insanity all looked better than him in acad.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

other possibility that came to me: the CLG coaches want to keep their jobs and so they're creating the illusion of attempting to do something radical to shake up their fortunes by bringing in two completely unremarkable dudes from academy like several other teams have done

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

also god drat they must've blown the drop budget last week or something, i ain't got poo poo these past two days

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

PoE always needs that one Lichbane Orianna game

Vermain posted:

also god drat they must've blown the drop budget last week or something, i ain't got poo poo these past two days

TSM v. TL is going to have all the drops.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 9, 2020

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Vermain posted:

I missed out on Fridays but I got a couple for today (EU and NA)
Clash Ticket
300 BE
200BE 20% of MAD
500 BE

Though it's sort of hard to tell what games dropped what (beside the MAD one).

What are the matches/outcomes for tomorrow that are going to cause the most chaos?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Digital Jedi posted:

I missed out on Fridays but I got a couple for today (EU and NA)
Clash Ticket
300 BE
200BE 20% of MAD
500 BE

Though it's sort of hard to tell what games dropped what (beside the MAD one).

What are the matches/outcomes for tomorrow that are going to cause the most chaos?

TSM and C both9 losing with FlyQuest winning puts them in a three way tie at 12-6. C9 holds the head to head with FlyQuest and FlyQuest holds the head to head with TSM. C9 and TSM are 1-1. Does this mean that C9 is second, FlyQuest is third, and TSM is 4th? If TSM and C9 both win, they play a tiebreaker for second. FlyQuest is 4th win or lose. If C9 wins and TSM loses and FlyQuest wins, FQ gets 3rd. If C9 loses and TSM wins, C9 gets 3rd.

C9 losing, however, will mean that CLG wins guaranteeing them 8th place. If CLG lose and IMT win there is three way tie at 5-13. If FlyQuest wins and CLG loses it will be a tie breaker between Dig and CLG. CLG, Dig, and IMT are all 1-1 with each other.

If EG wins they'll be tied 9-9 with GG with a 1-1 record between them. I'm not sure if placing between 5 and 6 matter though.

LEC...has a lot more combinations. S04 is still alive!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 9, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
In a 3 way tie they do tie breaker games even if 1 team has a bad h2h

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

In a 3 way tie they do tie breaker games even if 1 team has a bad h2h

Yes it seems so but I'm too confused reading it so I can't TL:DR it.

LCS Rules
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2020-LCS-Rule-Set-v20.1_6bkbwz26cgp7fngeat6a.pdf

Starts on page 18 for 3 way ties and page 20 a chart showing what the match scenarios would be

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah its a 3 way gauntlet with head to head record against the other teams in the tie deciding seeding I believe.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
VG picked Zed in their first game against IG, and I realized that I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Zed in a real professional match.

e: rookie realized he also missed Zed and picked him game 2.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 9, 2020

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Also Khazix in the LCK

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I did see that while waiting for IG to start, and it got me wondering: Why isn't Kha'zix picked more in the pro scene? Jungle is the role I play the least in game, and watch the least amount of streamers for. So I know it's pure ignorance on my part. I understand why a pubstomper like Eve isn't picked (she can't do anything pre-6, so a coordinated team that regularly wards could stop her snowball and make it a 5v4), but I don't know what makes Kha such an undesirable pick.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 9, 2020

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Marin Karin posted:

I did see that while waiting for IG to start, and it got me wondering: Why isn't Kha'zix picked more in the pro scene?

It's very, very hard to build a modern team comp that can enable Kha'zix to participate in teamfights by mid/late game. Even a champ like Lee at least has some way to participate (via Flash -> R), but halfway decent pro teams are going to have enough vision and backline protection to make a Kha'zix pick functionally useless by the time Dragon Soul/Baron come around if he doesn't hardcore snowball the early game.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I think also that champions just get forgotten about, like caitlyn

drat that sucks about lwx being sick for this

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
cant believe im about to cheer for misfits over vitality but it has to be done

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man the LEC tiebreaker rules absolute abhorrent incomprehensible mess.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
they do everything in their power to avoid playing actual tiebreakers

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Ya really whack honestly. Misfit made a comeback vs G2 yesterday so they kinda looked ok but their early game is very shaky. Man please Misfit just go back to spring playstyle, pick strong jung mid combo and gank mid all game.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Savage Cracker posted:

is that because of previous splits where we have ended up with heaps of extra games? because those were great

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
EU observers, man.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Marin Karin posted:

VG picked Zed in their first game against IG, and I realized that I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Zed in a real professional match.

e: rookie realized he also missed Zed and picked him game 2.

i feel like he was picked as a zoe counter a few weeks ago in LCK or LPL, or at least he was getting talked about a lot as a potential zoe counter

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I am still worried because Misfit have had some insane throws this split, they lost at Nexus to fnatic once and many 10k gold leadlosses.

Also Denyk's bard mechanics are clean, can't believe this guy was on the bench after his performance in spring.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i missed lane phase how is caitlyn bard down 20 cs to ashe naut. did she lose lane or is she not getting farm priority

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
was that a sett ult into ashe arrow

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

i missed lane phase how is caitlyn bard down 20 cs to ashe naut. did she lose lane or is she not getting farm priority

I think there was a super early Sett gank that caused Bard to die.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

rabidsquid posted:

Vitality sent the goon squad down there a few times.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Bard didn't have flash after early lvl3 gank so he can't pressure. The advantage in the lane should be bard over naut but Ashe is historically been a counter to Caitlyn because even if Caitlyn's e she can't really use her range advantage once Ashe lands her w. She will outrade her with focused q + early vamp secpter. So ya pretty understandable cs deficit. Also they attempted a few dives on her in toplane as well.

E; please put Dandan and Special on the list of rejects along with jactroll. This guy literally does nothing unless he plays GP.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Is Baron worth it if you only have 1 Baron buff at the end?

Earth Dragon soul is pretty massive for Vit. Febiven is much weaker now.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 9, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

This Olaf is so useless.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RIP Misfits. Not to say they can't win but this Baron is going to hurt.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 9, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

This Olaf is so useless.

This.

Feels like if Misfit just commit forward they win the teamfight but they are indecisive then faltering to the flank.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

surely fpx has to be more enjoyable than misfits vs vit

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Misfits are just awful at team fights. Kobbe just chilling to the side and doing nothing even after cooldowns get committed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

miracle run alive...?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Febiven is easily the best player on Misfits. He’s pretty much keeping them in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kobbe gets his revenge.