Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

He looks like a cross between the current the Rock and 1998 the Rock, except not swole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Chris de Sperg posted:

info dump on brazilian scene

Very informative post, thanks. Although about the real being weak but I think that is about to change with their new president and US dollar possibly weakening in the future. So who knows maybe they will start importing more heavily soon.

Btw strong have you ever interacted with LS or know anything about him behind the scenes? Basically how do you think he will do as a coach in challenger Korea..

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im not him but let me answer that by saying ls is a huge control freak idiot weirdo with zero social skills who is already bringing his biases in with his toxic jungler

also he wants to start a gaming academy for people who think they should move to korea to play solo queue

magic 8 ball says outlook not so good

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Good to see the KeG team get some success. Also I could spend the rest of my life in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV just reading Strong posts.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

KenG's ad seemed pretty good. HWE were better early and in laning but took some really bad fights. Also bono was awful on Xin. Surprised they didn't put Thal/Moojin.

The other game was just MVP getting rolled over completely by the enemy. I recognized Edge on MVP and he looked ok.

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

New SKT looking fairly impressive at the Kespa cup in their debut game against APK. Faker doing Faker things with backup is a fun thing to watch.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

tehgrif posted:

New SKT looking fairly impressive at the Kespa cup in their debut game against APK. Faker doing Faker things with backup is a fun thing to watch.

Yes.

Also, for a collection of leftover misfits, APK looked surprisingly ok. Kakao and erssu played decently, I thought.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I'm so happy for faker and teddy

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Yes.

Also, for a collection of leftover misfits, APK looked surprisingly ok. Kakao and erssu played decently, I thought.

Mickey was pretty good too especially in lane. He always does pretty well vs Faker. There is always solokills between them. He won lane first game but Faker poo poo on him the one after.

They looked pretty amazing but it felt like they were never in any threaten at any points even though APK managed to get many kills.

Teddy's mechanics looked spectacular. Such amazing reactions. Mata and Faker got caught a lot which made Clid sacrifice himself a few times.

2nd game was basically Mata and Faker baiting all game. Not sure it was intentional but everyone on this team is so good individually, they can turn around any situation. Real test will be vs an LCK team.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm going to end up cheering for SKT to win a 4th world title because of Teddy, I can see it already.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

I'm going to end up cheering for SKT to win a 4th world title because of Teddy, I can see it already.

Ya same, unless there is a team more bloodthirsty than them.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Ambition has officially retired.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sad to see Ambition retire but he had a rather great and long career, all which was played in LCK which very few players can claim to have done.

Anyway saw GenG's game today. Fly was kinda weak on Lissandra but carried on Zoe which is one of his best picks. He looks weak in lane but he has his certains picks where he can carry on.
Surprising thing was how weak both Cuvee/Roach were on top. Peanut looked ok but nothing special. It was pretty much the Ruler show once again.

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010
SKT showing their power in the first game versus bbq. Perfect game and Teddy looking really, really good.

Game 2 was more of a fiesta, but new T1 was channeling the old team where they fall behind and then win based on one (gigantic) mistake from their opponents.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mata and Khan were making GBS threads the bed constantly in game 2, but having this team around him is really working well to emphasis how loving good Teddy is. Even when things were going badly in general for SKT he was on the brink of flame horizoning Wind, in a game where Wind was starting to wreck poo poo.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Are there English vods outside afreecatv? I can’t get it to work on my iPad

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010

Smol posted:

Are there English vods outside afreecatv? I can’t get it to work on my iPad

I watched this one.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

Mata and Khan were making GBS threads the bed constantly in game 2, but having this team around him is really working well to emphasis how loving good Teddy is. Even when things were going badly in general for SKT he was on the brink of flame horizoning Wind, in a game where Wind was starting to wreck poo poo.

Ya Teddy has looked ungodly good. I also think SKT are just gonna keep playing the same picks unless they lose.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Good to see that Griffin games are still entertaining as gently caress

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

imp got released and is a free agent

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

imp got released and is a free agent

He's gone to JD Gaming.

Meanwhile Damwon taking SKT to a 3rd game in Kespa Cup, team looking pretty legit so far.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
LCK is gonna be loving great in 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
DAMWON

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Damwon beat SKT despite not looking that good vs a challenger team in the first round. Ah pretty impressed. Definitely shades of Griffin in there. I know everyone talks about Showmaker and Nuguri but Canyon/Nuclear look legit as gently caress. I remember Nuclear was hit or miss on H2K.

Griffin vs AFS was much closer despite being 2-0 for Griffin. I really thought Sword was underrated compared to Tarzan, Chovy and Viper. He was amazing vs AFS.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dont hold it against nuclear that he couldnt succeed on h2k, thats not fair, hes only human

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
woah hey now, you only get to brag about China winning worlds off the back of two korean players.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

woah hey now, you only get to brag about China winning worlds off the back of two korean players.
this seems reductionist, kuro and ucal weren't THAT bad

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Griffin so good

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

LCK is looking to be a good one!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Christ Griffin beat Damwon like they owed them money.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Bit of a weird question, but as a non-LoL player can anyone recommend a few videos/a tournament or two to start watching LoL eSports? (spoiler free recommendations would be especially appreciated)

I watched a lot of Heroes of the Storm over the years, but with Blizzard murdering it I figure it's time to switch to a game with actual support. I suck at MOBAs, but long tournament streams on Twitch make great background noise while cleaning my apartment/playing lovely mobile games/writing bad posts on the internet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BGrifter posted:

Bit of a weird question, but as a non-LoL player can anyone recommend a few videos/a tournament or two to start watching LoL eSports? (spoiler free recommendations would be especially appreciated)

I watched a lot of Heroes of the Storm over the years, but with Blizzard murdering it I figure it's time to switch to a game with actual support. I suck at MOBAs, but long tournament streams on Twitch make great background noise while cleaning my apartment/playing lovely mobile games/writing bad posts on the internet.
2017 and 2018 World Championships are both great, or you can just start with Season 3 and go from there since that's when the "modern" era started

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

RealFoxy posted:

2017 and 2018 World Championships are both great, or you can just start with Season 3 and go from there since that's when the "modern" era started

Perfect. I'll start on the 2017 World Championships then and if I dig it move on to 2018. That should give me roughly a billion hours of content to watch.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Have you played any League/DoTA? As a HOTS player most of this should be pretty familiar to you, just a bunch of new abilities/champs to get vaguely familiar with to learn how to watch them. The announcers are usually decent about it, I think. I play maybe a game of league a month but I can follow most competitive games these days. If you need some info on what baron/dragon do, a quick wiki search is pretty helpful. I know they changed baron at some point, but it might have been before the 2017 season. Don't recall.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Arcturas posted:

Have you played any League/DoTA? As a HOTS player most of this should be pretty familiar to you, just a bunch of new abilities/champs to get vaguely familiar with to learn how to watch them. The announcers are usually decent about it, I think. I play maybe a game of league a month but I can follow most competitive games these days. If you need some info on what baron/dragon do, a quick wiki search is pretty helpful. I know they changed baron at some point, but it might have been before the 2017 season. Don't recall.

So far I'm following it reasonably well at a surface level, although if anyone has a "________ in HotS is ___________ in LoL" list they think is credible I'd appreciate a link. Watched a couple rounds of the 2017 World Championship play-in-day and really dug it. The difference in production level is astounding.

I was really surprised by how the commentary team and presentation seemed to emphasize the players individually over the characters they were playing. Watching HotS eSports the players were virtually invisible while the characters were the main focus.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have no idea where to go about finding it, but some of the games at the World Championships had "Alternate Commentary" streams where they would focus on teaching new players, or focusing on one particular role for that match which could be a lot of help

e: Actually it's all here you just need to scroll down to when World's was happening and see which matches had alternate commentary.

Here is the 2016 World Finals with the newbie stream

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 31, 2018

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Or if you really wanna plunge yourself into league hellworld start at the very beginning with streams that lasted 8 hours with 6 of those being technical difficulties.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Or if you really wanna plunge yourself into league hellworld start at the very beginning with streams that lasted 8 hours with 6 of those being technical difficulties.
You'll be hearing Silver Scrapes in your nightmares for years

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

KeSPA finals are going on right now between Gen.G (CuVee/Roach, Peanut, Fly, Ruler, Life) vs Griffin (Sword, Tarzan, Chovy, Viper, Kabbie/Lehands)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij58sfo47X4

Griffin continues to not give a gently caress what a meta means with Kha'Zix jungle, Sion mid, and Cassiopia "ADC"

e: Viktor top too

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'd say just watch Worlds 2018 and get ready for the new splits starting soon.

edit: beaten