Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I guess I'm gonna start watching Pro League again since Worlds should probably be entertaining even though I havemt touched the game outside of ARAMS in like months.

What's the meta like, y'all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hour until showtime, what are people's expectations for tonight?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If last night is any indication tonight should be an IMPRESSIVE level of Clown Fiesta

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

why do all of these teams just keep forgetting what galio does

I have no idea

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

the quotable of the night is: stop giving away galio

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

i mean, in fairness, it's more, "don't try to force a gank for your manaless midlaner"

Oh yeah the timing is garbage but that all being said that game wouldnt have snowballed NEARLY as aggressively as it did with galio

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

How plugo carry on karma>??? not sure if I like this

How quickly you forget the Bjergsen Karma Pentakill, shameful

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hmm. Bad game....

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That baron dance was the worst thing I've ever seen and i was a fan of 2014 Dignitas

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

Fanfic are going to shock the world and beat WE and then go 1-4 in groups against TSM.

kevin i struggle to understand your definition of the phrase 'shock the world'

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'll take C9 in 4 and FNC in 5.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lmbo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

hot take: cheese tactics are cool and good

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:thunk:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

Even if it isn't working out for them, I appreciate the fact that LYN's trying to throw C9 off their game with these odd plays. They know they're not going to win playing standard, at the least.

Yeah honestly same, it makes for a dumb fun weird game

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, rip

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I feel like Sejuani is really good right now but.uh, maybe Oddie should play something else if banned out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

Apparently Jensen didn't actually use Cleanse a single time during that game. :pwn:

I mean, if you never get hit by a stun...

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Real heartbreaker for Lyon but hhhholy poo poo what a game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

When I said C9 in 4 I was definitely expecting a lucksack win from C9 on at least one game and boy howdy i hate when I'm right

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah the maokai flashes were really goddamn bizzare. Like I think he was trying to flash w but kept misunderstanding the range? Really weird.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Really dont like first pick Sej to give up Cho and Trist.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nvm lyons p/b is dumb

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Didnt ban janna, either. Like wtf

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Well gg lyon, you had a good run

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Im still wondering why, if you saw twitch + shen + sej , you ban thresh and rakan?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

guys, i hate to say it, but reality has left us with no other choice:

there is a significant chance that eu, in fact, doe NOT suck all the eggs, and fnc will in fact go on to groups

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

things that make you sad: breaking up with your girlfriend; the ending of old yeller; the enemy kalista being 30 CS and two kills ahead pre-15

true

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

Not too sure about this ONE comp. They're putting all of their DPS eggs in the Varus basket against one of the most aggressive botlanes you can pick and one of the strongest early ganking junglers in the meta. If Absolut doesn't crush it, I don't think ONE has a way back in.

Giving up Xayah and Rakan both seems like one of the dumbest moves you can make and I don't think Varus+Lulu stands a chance.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This is the exact kind of stupid nonsense soloqueue style game im here to see tbh

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This game is the stupidest thing ive ever seen

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

makes fart noises w/my mouth

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

wrt Group D: TSM is the best of a group that might be kinda shite. WE isn't great but they'll probably manage to beat Flash Wolves just because FW have a really bad habit of dragging out games, imo. Misfits are loving garbage and can't close a game so they're decidedly worse.

anyway I'm Svensational on that chart.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gigabyte marines is big bandwagon boys, i'm ready for the insane hyper aggressive nonsense meta

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Super into this Nautilus pick

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tonight's hot takes before I forget and/or inevitably pass out during the games:

Game 1: Flash Wolves do something crazy early-game, throw off TSM's entire rhythm, and manage to pull a game off the so-called 'Best In The West'.

Game 2: WE takes easy because Misfits think they can leave Cho'Gath open. They are proven extremely wrong.

Game 3: Goes 60 minutes despite the best efforts of Immortals to close out early, Fnatic throws at Baron.

Game 4: My heart says GAM can throw off Longzhu just long enough they gently caress everything up but a critical overstep by them causes Longzhu to take three inhibs and then the game is effectively over. I want to believe.

Game 5: C9 and AHQ fight to determine which of them can avoid choking the hardest. Somehow it's C9.

Game 6: Faker stomps on Scout's face for 35 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

kingcobweb posted:

Redo Worlds with Ardent Censer disabled please.

worlds patch censer is super hilariously toxic but if it was disabled people would just go back to being super boring and picking thresh/ali/karma/maybe braum in addition to rakan still being banned every game anyway so

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

kingcobweb posted:

Taric is the only cool Support.

strongly agree.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

the panic pause lmfao